73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
is that Dyna-Mat heavy. The Dyna-mat I used look different than that and was HEAVY
I went with the 1/4"..I almost put the 1/2" in but thought it might be a bit thick and cause issues with the way the carpet fits and at $ 85.00 a sheet (3 so far) it's getting costly.

add the chrome tape to the tail lights to my "to-do" list.
I really want L.E.D insert boards like the Digi-tails but they don't make them for Duster's. I contacted a L.E.D conversion place I found online but it was gonna cost $$$$ for one off pieces, so if I can make the L.E.D style bulbs look brighter with tape that will have to do for now.

Ross, when you coming back to Pittsburgh? You know we have a 3-D printer now!

I can come back for some A/T, I know a few of the guys want to come down with me..Justin asked if I wanted a job...I had to decline even though he mentioned water Jet and CNC Mill.

I got the doors painted and hung....another piece of the puzzle, the Motor is at the Dyno shop to break in, tune the F.A.S.T system and get me some actual HP/Torque number. I went Thursday to pick up my CRT transmission....and finally got all my engine brackets back from the local Anodizing shop, of course they left shiny or natural aluminum and came back Black.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 679
  • 027.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 679
  • 032.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 685
  • 010.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 682
I got the doors painted and hung....another piece of the puzzle, the Motor is at the Dyno shop to break in, tune the F.A.S.T system and get me some actual HP/Torque number. I went Thursday to pick up my CRT transmission....and finally got all my engine brackets back from the local Anodizing shop, of course they left shiny or natural aluminum and came back Black.

looking good Ross!

I love the way you tease use with just a few ....limited shots

Keep it up.....we need more car ****.

I love the way you tease use with just a few ....limited shots

Keep it up.....we need more car ****.

Not really teasing.... I just don't have much progress to show, brake & fuel line bending are boring and wiring pictures are like watching paint dry.

Say, isn't this the guy that built your Dad's motor?

Henderson2014153_zps64401217.jpg

Whatever you say Dale.

Are we going to get some HP numbers or are they TOP SECRET?

Motor should be Dyno'd this weekend, no secret there, that's just on some of interior stuff.

Trade ya a diet dew for it?

I'll bring you one if I can look at your Duster, I need to checkout the fitment of something on a 71' Duster

Say, isn't this the guy that built your Dad's motor?

Dad's gonna be pissed he didn't go to get a picture like that in the Dart. He really wants a few pictures of Tom with the car.

I noticed the Missile crew referred to him as Mr. Hoover.....even though they hadn't worked for him for decades.

talk about R E S P E C T

C'mon over! I might be drinkin something a little stronger. Let me know

Not really teasing.... I just don't have much progress to show, brake & fuel line bending are boring and wiring pictures are like watching paint dry.
We need all the silly boring pictures you got so its in your online scrap book. I may need it for future reference! :happy1:

I was never happy with the typical fuel sending unit (Black Arrow) because I knew my gauge would bounce around so I switched to a floatless sending unit (Red Arrow). I also wasn't pleased with the paint on the inside of the quarter panels so since I had some left over Raptor bedliner I decided to spray the inside of the quarters....and took a few pictures outside to really show the depth of the paint. Finally stopped by to drop off some gaskets at the Dyno shop....getting closer.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 499
  • 012.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 484
  • 008.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 485
  • 007.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 488
  • 005.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 484
  • 004.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 484
  • 003.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 491
  • 020.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 488
WOW! The black diamond!

Love the way the inside of the 1/4's look too.

Motor on the pump. Keep us advised.

What progress! this thing's not going to be done by the Nat's. It's going to be ready by Christmas. Aren't you glad now that you didn't sell it? Looks amazing!

Aren't you glad now that you didn't sell it? Looks amazing!

I'm really happy with everything but to tell the truth I really would rather have the beach life than Cold Ohio so I could accept sacrificing the car for the ocean but that offer is long gone so full steam ahead on the build.

-
Back