73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Wow, I must have missed something. As Denny said, "you have a Killer car". I can't think of one that comes close. Keep up the good work and I'll keep washing my towels.:coffee2:

Thanks again for the interest and comments, I know a lot of people on this site aren't fans of my build due to previous comments and PM's.... so I really appreciate the supporters I do have.

Hope you haven't counted me as one that isn't a fan. I voiced some disappointment when the project left the "pro-touring" theme, but most of that was more tongue in cheek. I wasn't trying to say I wasn't a fan.

The car is killer and you have done some phenomenal things with it, keep up the good work. Can't wait to see it finished.

im just glad to see updates. your car and progress actually made me get my duster back out this past weekend for the first time since February. thank you for your service, and your public service work on inspiration.

about the only thing I might disagree with is the height of the valve covers. but I will reserve judgement on that until I see it in, with an air cleaner on. remind me again why you made them taller? I know there was a reason, just don't remember what it was.

have you test fired the motor yet, or done any tuning with the dual throttle bodies? im imagining all sorts of fun with the ve tables due to eight butterflies. im having enough difficulty tuning for two.

again, not trying to detract. just trying to learn.

Michael

I usually don't post, but I do very much look forward to every post on the progression of the build, Keep it coming.

It wasn't anything anybody said on this site, I look forward to everybody's opinions, Positive or Negative......that's why I post my ideas and show some experimental parts. My comments regarding "not fans of the build" come from people I show the build to when the subject of "car projects" or "what are you working on" come up. I appreciate all the support I get from the FABO members.

im just glad to see updates. your car and progress actually made me get my duster back out this past weekend for the first time since February. thank you for your service, and your public service work on inspiration.

about the only thing I might disagree with is the height of the valve covers. but I will reserve judgement on that until I see it in, with an air cleaner on. remind me again why you made them taller? I know there was a reason, just don't remember what it was.

have you test fired the motor yet, or done any tuning with the dual throttle bodies? im imagining all sorts of fun with the ve tables due to eight butterflies. im having enough difficulty tuning for two.

again, not trying to detract. just trying to learn.

Michael

Michael,
I made them taller purely for cosmetic reasons. I raised the Motor & Transmission 3/4" closer to the body and the inner fenders 1 1/2" but wanted the motor to look like it is up even higher, almost coming out of the engine bay and I also wanted the throttle bodies even with the top to give it a unique look and make people wonder what I did and how I did it.

I took the engine to a local engine dyno shop who also just happens to be EFI whiz so he dialed everything in on the stand, he also is going to stop by the house when its time to start the car to set the TPS range in the F.A.S.T 2.0, then finally I'm going to have him chassis dyno it when it all together to fine tune everything .

Thanks, again no comments on here were taken as a bad thing, Positive or Negative. I know the direction this build has gone isn't for everybody, some people just like stock stance, stripes, interior, ect.... and are closed minded to anything different and that's fine I appreciate a nice clean stock car too but this is the direction I went and am happy the way it is turning out.

Ross, let me tell you that this build is one of the top ones on this site & I would love to see the finished car in person. I have gotten plenty of ideas for my own 70 Duster Pro Touring build when I get going on it again. Some of your ideas just make you go "WOW"..I never would have thought about that! Also wanted to thank you for your service to this great country we live in.

Ross, let me tell you that this build is one of the top ones on this site & I would love to see the finished car in person. I have gotten plenty of ideas for my own 70 Duster Pro Touring build when I get going on it again. Some of your ideas just make you go "WOW"..I never would have thought about that! Also wanted to thank you for your service to this great country we live in.

Thanks,
If I had to do it all over there would be lots of things I would either do differently or thing I would add...even now that I Mocked up most if the major components I'm drilling lots of holes and wishing I would have welded on a bracket or tab here and there.

I just got offered another deployment leaving in June 2015 for months.....I love what I do for the Military and wouldn't change it for anything but I had to pass on this one...I have to be here for the Nationals and don't want to miss 2 summer's and I don't think my Wife would be very happy with me.

Thanks,
If I had to do it all over there would be lots of things I would either do differently or thing I would add...even now that I Mocked up most if the major components I'm drilling lots of holes and wishing I would have welded on a bracket or tab here and there.

I just got offered another deployment leaving in June 2015 for months.....I love what I do for the Military and wouldn't change it for anything but I had to pass on this one...I have to be here for the Nationals and don't want to miss 2 summer's and I don't think my Wife would be very happy with me.

:thumblef:

Yea take it is easy on the Deployments. You need to keep the household 06 happy! (Colonel) Me and mine are Parting ways. Think we lost touch with each other had some long ones 15 mo. on one and even the short ones can stress relationships here couple weeks then gone couple couple months can add wear and tear just like a car. Retired now but what's done is done. TMI sorry

Your car is looking Awesome hopefully will get to see it someday! Keep it going! I love the direction you took with it! And with all the custom stuff you did it will be yours!

Yea take it is easy on the Deployments. You need to keep the household 06 happy! (Colonel) Me and mine are Parting ways. Think we lost touch with each other had some long ones 15 mo. on one and even the short ones can stress relationships here couple weeks then gone couple couple months can add wear and tear just like a car. Retired now but what's done is done. TMI sorry

Your car is looking Awesome hopefully will get to see it someday! Keep it going! I love the direction you took with it! And with all the custom stuff you did it will be yours!

CudaDust,
It's really not TMI from my standpoint...I get exactly what your saying. I told the 06 (Wife) when I got back in September I was done for at least 3-4 years, this last one seemed longer than before and took a toll on my body. I really appreciate the compliments and words of support for both the car and the military stuff.......Thank you

I'm sure he would say "Ok.....but remember, quality takes time."
Any chance you could ask Mr. Pappas to talk Mr. Hoover into coming...I'm sure that would be at the top of my Dad's bucket list to meet him and get a few pictures of him with the Dart.

Yea not sure how old you are but the older you get the harder they are on you. Sorta like hang overs LOL. Deployments where still fun (adrenaline junkie) but my body could take no more. I hit the 20 year mark and had medical issues so snuck my last one in. It was being a Combat Advisor for the ANA Engineers and Route Clearance sort of drove the point home that I was done. Dismounted with all that heavy body armor on will tear you up.
When it is time YOU will know. Until then live to the fullest and enjoy the service! It's the hardest and most rewarding job there is and you are bonded to the men you have served with like no one could ever understand! Heres a saying for Ya! Keep your eyes open and watch your top knot!

Any chance you could ask Mr. Pappas to talk Mr. Hoover into coming...I'm sure that would
be at the top of my Dad's bucket list to meet him and get a few pictures of him with the Dart.
I doubt that he would come to the Nat's because he kind of limits his visits to places with Chrysler
involvement and the Nat's isn't one of them.

But.......He has been at Carlisle the last two years and you guys are due. That would probably be
your best bet.

I doubt that he would come to the Nat's because he kind of limits his visits to places with Chrysler
involvement and the Nat's isn't one of them.

But.......He has been at Carlisle the last two years and you guys are due. That would probably be
your best bet.

I always heard that Carlisle is a better (more organized) show.....might have to look into it, was suppose to go to Good Guys in Columbus that weekend.

It's in...any questions ?

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 510
  • 036.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 494
  • 025.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 483
  • 024.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 490
  • 023.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 495
  • 022.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 485
  • 020.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 503
  • 019.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 483
  • 013.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 494
  • 012.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 512
a couple more... looks like a "Bigger" Small Block, barely clears the Master Cylinder.

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 483
  • 040.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 508
  • 042.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 493
  • 043.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 493
  • 045.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 490
-