73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
The big surprise was the Orange Demon...Holy crap, just a nice restored stock body with a 6.1 Gen III for $78K !

Someone must have attached the words "Pro Touring" which magically turned some of the parts into gold. The Valiant, if it is as clean as the pictures suggest, was the steal if you ask me.

Ross - I am contemplating doing a remote water pump as well. But my car has a 440. I am thinking one way to do this is to use the single in/outlet style (PRP sells one as well as Meziere) and putting it in-line with the lower radiator hose and using the stock big block housing. Then, in lieu of the water pump, just put a machined block off plate. What do you think?

Someone must have attached the words "Pro Touring" which magically turned some of the parts into gold. The Valiant, if it is as clean as the pictures suggest, was the steal if you ask me.

The Valiant was a bid goes on....so he didn't sell it for the $24K. It had a Big Block Stroker with a six speed and was really nice. The Demon blew my mind, I wanted to go up to the buyer and say "Hey I got this Duster almost finished, in case your interested in saving lots of $$$$"

Ross - I am contemplating doing a remote water pump as well. But my car has a 440. I am thinking one way to do this is to use the single in/outlet style (PRP sells one as well as Meziere) and putting it in-line with the lower radiator hose and using the stock big block housing. Then, in lieu of the water pump, just put a machined block off plate. What do you think?

It should work fine, I'm sure you probably researched it out but unlike the lack of Small Block adapters, Meziere makes Big Block adapters in case you wanted to go direct plumb and eliminate the big block WP housing, although you'd have to split two into four, So you way might work better.

Attachments

• WP84U.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 637
It should work fine, I'm sure you probably researched it out but unlike the lack of Small Block adapters, Meziere makes Big Block adapters in case you wanted to go direct plumb and eliminate the big block WP housing, although you'd have to split two into four, So you way might work better.

The big block has the added complication when you go the adapter route of adding an in-line thermostat and finding a new place to house temperature sending units. Then, there is the complication of heater hoses and other such creature comforts. If it is a race car, then I guess the adapters work fine. I think with a street car it becomes more complicated. I actually want a functioning thermostat and a heater. I also need a temperature sender for the EFI and one for the dash gauge. I'll think about it some more, I still have a few pieces to fabricate before I come to that decision point. It would definitely make the plumbing a simpler proposition.

The Valiant was a bid goes on....so he didn't sell it for the $24K. It had a Big Block Stroker with a six speed and was really nice.

I think the ultimate road course track weapon would be a '68 post Valiant with an R3/P5 NASCAR engine a four speed, cage, and a fixed kirkey wrap around NASCAR style seat for the driver. The only thing in the dash opening would be a monster tach, a water temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, and a few warning lights. Of course the suspension would be all scienced out. Long arm coil overs in the front and a 3 link in the rear. Oh, and a Go Pro camera mounted on the roll cage to document the car eviscerating the competition at the local track day.

Ross,,,I hadn't had a look at your thread in sometime. Looking awesome as usual, keep it up. What do you think your odds are for getting it to the Nats? Work has turned around up here and if it stays busy for a couple more months we are hoping to get out there this year, would love to see that Duster :) Do you and your dad plan to attend even if Duster not finished?

Ross,,,I hadn't had a look at your thread in sometime. Looking awesome as usual, keep it up. What do you think your odds are for getting it to the Nats? Work has turned around up here and if it stays busy for a couple more months we are hoping to get out there this year, would love to see that Duster :) Do you and your dad plan to attend even if Duster not finished?

The Duster will not be done this year....there's just to much to finish up to be 100%.

I will definitely be attending the Nationals ...of course, the Air Force could potentially change all that, but there's nothing projected so far for that time frame... Dad will probably leave the Dart home this year, I told Old Man Mopar not to plan on saving a space for us, I'm (We're) just coming for the fun and booze.

you do realize that when you finish and start entering shows you are going to win best engine AND best engineered in every single show, no matter what the competition.

I told Old Man Mopar not to plan on saving a space for us, I'm (We're) just coming for the fun and booze.
Am I correct that you guys still want the one room x 2 beds or are you just going to lie down in the parking lot?
The room reservations start out to be Thurs, Fri & Sat unless otherwise noted so let me know.

you do realize that when you finish and start entering shows you are going to win best engine AND best engineered in every single show, no matter what the competition.

well, I certainly appreciate the words of encouragement, I don't know that the car will live up to those expectations, there are a lot of nice custom builds out there.... I'm just trying to make it as unique as possible.

The Duster will not be done this year....there's just to much to finish up to be 100%.

I will definitely be attending the Nationals ...of course, the Air Force could potentially change all that, but there's nothing projected so far for that time frame... Dad will probably leave the Dart home this year, I told Old Man Mopar not to plan on saving a space for us, I'm (We're) just coming for the fun and booze.

Too bad no Duster, but its better not to rush a good thing. I did that and now my next winter project is fixing everything I rushed and to refinish and touch up everything that's starting to look used. Patience is not my strong point. We look forward to meeting you in person. :)

I decided to go with a Matte Black finish instead of engine color on the Water Pump Adapters. Sorry not the greatest update.... I did manage to check several other items of the completion list but nothing picture worthy.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 499
  • 010.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 496
  • 008.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 497
  • 009.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 496
Everything on this build is picture worthy!

Thanks for that, but posting pictures of installed window molding clips, brake & fuel lines, wiring ect... seem very expected and common not only in pictures but also in the Grand Scheme of the build, occasionally I add a few of those here and there but this week I got lazy in the photography dept.

It's only takes some time and a ton of Money...... and the Money's not going to spend itself.

There you go Ross I fixed that statement for you :cheers:

Yeah, pretty much fixed it...might want to add...A lot of Time haha

Yeah, pretty much fixed it...might want to add...A lot of Time haha

Yea...that's one thing I didn't track and have absolutely No idea of how many hours have been spent. It's probably like the Money.... way more than I had guessed !!!!

-
Back