73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
I decided to go with a Matte Black finish instead of engine color on the Water Pump Adapters. Sorry not the greatest update.... I did manage to check several other items of the completion list but nothing picture worthy.

looks great!

Going back in 2 weeks - if you can ride along we will pick you up.

Thanks... I can drive over just let me know what day. I need to get a set of upper and lower adjustable bump stops from Denny, maybe you guys can bring them along.

Small weekend update...I started making the Aluminum door panel accent trim that will surround the door handle and armrest. I haven't decided if they will get a polished ,satin or painted finish. Several non-picture worthy items were checked off the accomplished list so it's getting there.....slowly.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 550
  • 004.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 525
  • 007.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 538
Nothing out of a catalog here!

Funny you should say that, after Meziere recommending that I run at least a -20 AN upper Radiator return line since it's a street car, the hunt began to find something that met my needs for a (non traditional straight up) Mopar thermostat housing with a -20 AN fitting. I'll save you the trouble of looking and just tell you it does not exist...I tried all the major Cooling companies and even some small Custom shops...So here we go again, looks like I'm making a Stupid Upper Thermostat housing that will use a Mopar Thermostat and have as low of a 90 degree profile as possible and point straight forward, here are some progress pics, it's made from 6061T-6 Aluminum and just needs Tig Welded together to be completed. I still need to add a -20AN fitting to the Upper Radiator tube coming off the radiator. Enjoy

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 483
  • 011.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 502
  • 004.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 491
  • 003.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 512
  • 002.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 497
Funny you should say that, after Meziere recommending that I run at least a -20 AN upper Radiator return line since it's a street car, the hunt began to find something that met my needs for a (non traditional straight up) Mopar thermostat housing with a -20 AN fitting. I'll save you the trouble of looking and just tell you it does not exist...I tried all the major Cooling companies and even some small Custom shops...So here we go again, looks like I'm making a Stupid Upper Thermostat housing that will use a Mopar Thermostat and have as low of a 90 degree profile as possible and point straight forward, here are some progress pics, it's made from 6061T-6 Aluminum and just needs Tig Welded together to be completed. I still need to add a -20AN fitting to the Upper Radiator tube coming off the radiator. Enjoy

Jesus Ross! just wow. :thumblef:

Man I love reading this and other threads where fab plays such a large role. I'm nowhere near that level of creativity, and while I turn green with envy of such project outcomes, they're still fascinating nonetheless and very appealing.

Today I finished welding up the Thermostat housing, After Mock up it ended up lowering the upper hose 2"at the Block and now still sits about 1" higher than the upper inlet on the Radiator but since I raised the Engine 1" I guess that's the best I can get. Now the debate, leave it as is or Anodize it Black like the lower block adapters, I still need to modify the Radiator (Again) to accept a -20 AN fitting. I need to get it all assembled to really get a feel for the overall look, but it's definitely unique and non traditional....imagine that !!!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 450
  • 034.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 454
  • 035.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 444
  • 032.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 434
  • 030.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 439
  • 029.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 445
  • 027.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 462
it matches the throttle bodies but they will be under an air cleaner. i think it needs anodized black like the rest. then its one less piece you gotta polish.

it matches the throttle bodies but they will be under an air cleaner. i think it needs anodized black like the rest. then its one less piece you gotta polish.

I am about 95% sure It will be black or engine color like a factory Mopar and like you pointed out, the engine cover will hide it all. I figure at the Nationals or any other big event it (engine cover) will probably come off...but we maybe not.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 449
Just thought I would add that the Thermostat housing actually was made in 3 pieces...I bought a -20 AN weld on fitting, in hind sight I should have cut them into the neck and made it 1 solid piece but it worked out fine in the end.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 444
  • 002.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 447
Just thought I would add that the Thermostat housing actually was made in 3 pieces...I bought a -20 AN weld on fitting, in hind sight I should have cut them into the neck and made it 1 solid piece but it worked out fine in the end.

Yea I'm thinking you should just start over and do it right and since that one would just go to waste I could probably just take it off your hands.

Ross you do incredible work, very nice piece.

Showoff! LOL JK-----just super. Hey, you coming to Pittsburgh with John and Denny?

Showoff! LOL JK-----just super. Hey, you coming to Pittsburgh with John and Denny?

I will probably drive over separate ...as soon as you guys figure out a date (hopefully it's a Friday), let me know and I'll check my schedule.

I will probably drive over separate ...as soon as you guys figure out a date (hopefully it's a Friday), let me know and I'll check my schedule.

sometime next week...we could make it Friday....but Marks schedule is normally in the middle of the week.

Hey Mark.......
got the extended DD shaft machined
bringing the correct length bolts for the rack
A/C line is here....looks right (finally)

we can get the oil dipstick, column, and a few other tidbits completed on the Demon too

I can bring the UCA bump stops for Ross.

sometime next week...we could make it Friday....but Marks schedule is normally in the middle of the week.

If it's next week for sure can I request we shoot for Thursday...I have some commitments all the other days :thumblef::thumblef:

-
Back