73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
BTW - Dave's neighbor, across the driveway, builds B-1 wedges and has a 7-second B-1 powered gas dragster.

Yea, that's also the same guy that built my motor for the Duster.

With this ground dragger, what is amazing is what you will not see.....the way Ross tucked everything up on the bottomside is sweet.

BTW.....don't forget to tighten everything
:) reminder

Started tightening stuff today, got some accurate measurements for the new motor bracket and installed a couple billet spacers I whipped up for the lower bump stop.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 596
Ross, I am at awe with how this car look. It's quite stunning. Think you'll be bringing it out to the Nats in August?

If everything is done the way I like it ...then it will be there

Sweet can't wait to see it. I'm sure you're anxious to get it done after all these years. Looks great, really like the interior too.

I donate a question, how much clearance do your headers have from the ground?

Sweet can't wait to see it. I'm sure you're anxious to get it done after all these years. Looks great, really like the interior too.

I donate a question, how much clearance do your headers have from the ground?

Not really anxious........just will get it done when its done, not in a hurry anymore.

Since Its up on jack stands I cant really tell how much clearance I have between the header and ground, all I can tell you is more than most cars this low due to the tucked up header design and the motor relocation. Once final ride height is set I'll have an answer for you.

Not really anxious........just will get it done when its done, not in a hurry anymore.

Since Its up on jack stands I cant really tell how much clearance I have between the header and ground, all I can tell you is more than most cars this low due to the tucked up header design and the motor relocation. Once final ride height is set I'll have an answer for you.

sweet! I'm looking at possibly dropping mine, 2 inches at the most, no where near as low as yours, but was worried about the headers hitting.

Took a short ride to Ohio with HemiMark, I have to tell you, there is a lot to take in looking at this car. Lots of hard work here! Great to again to meet up with Ross, Dave, John, and Denny. And any day I'm looking at cars is a great day, I certainly hope the car gets to the Nats this year, to let followers of this thread check it out in person. Really nice build!
-Don

With this ground dragger, what is amazing is what you will not see.....the way Ross tucked everything up on the bottomside is sweet.

BTW.....don't forget to tighten everything
:) reminder

i was also and gonna say how nice and level everything appears, i don't think anything will scrape. it looks fantastic, great job!

Ross, I am at awe with how this car look. It's quite stunning. Think you'll be bringing it out to the Nats in August?

what i'd like to know is how many and which magazines will it appear in?
also how many of you guys have had cars published in magazines? who has had the most cars in magazines? the most magazines?
is it a contest? ROTFLMAO

what i'd like to know is how many and which magazines will it appear in?
also how many of you guys have had cars published in magazines? who has had the most cars in magazines? the most magazines?
is it a contest? ROTFLMAO

Including the two I built for my dad, I'm currently at 5 cars

1. 1973 340 Duster - Summit Racing magazine Cover
2. 1969 383 Roadrunner - Mopar Muscle & Mopar Collectors Guide
3. 1968 472 Roadrunner - Mopar Collectors Guide
4. 1976 360 Power Wagon - Mopar Collectors Guide
5. 1970 371 Dart Swinger - Mopar Action & Mopar Collectors Guide(not published yet)

Here's a few pics, Sorry no pics of my Dads Black 1968 Roadrunner.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 447
  • powerwagon%20(29).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 428
  • powerwagon%20(2).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 449
  • past%20cars%20008.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 435
  • past%20cars%20007.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 467
  • past%20cars%20013.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 440
  • past%20cars%20012.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 476
I once got an honorably mention in the local shoppers guide......it only cost me a $50 advertisement (a month)

Did you get your wheels ? Interested to see what you ended up picking.

Including the two I built for my dad, I'm currently at 5 cars

1. 1973 340 Duster - Summit Racing magazine Cover
2. 1969 383 Roadrunner - Mopar Muscle & Mopar Collectors Guide
3. 1968 472 Roadrunner - Mopar Collectors Guide
4. 1976 360 Power Wagon - Mopar Collectors Guide
5. 1970 371 Dart Swinger - Mopar Action & Mopar Collectors Guide(not published yet)

Here's a few pics, Sorry no pics of my Dads Black 1968 Roadrunner.

When you get out and retire from the milit5, I think you have a career in hotrod building

Did you get your wheels ? Interested to see what you ended up picking.

There on order... Brad is sending me a color chip he thinks matches my stripe color exact before he sends them to be powder coated. I stayed the same in the front 17" x 7" but went with 17" x 12" so I can still use the same tires I currently have.

I've been busy but it's hard to see big changes. lots of little thinks like brackets for throttle return springs, looks like no one makes one for a custom Indy Mod Man intake with EFI and dual throttle bodies. Remade the rear suspension upper arms to add more adjustability. Installed my new HDK 1" sway bar to go with his latest and greatest K frame. The car is going to visit the EFI guy in a few weeks to dial in the Fuel injection. August is just around the corner, I gotta get moving.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 233
  • 004.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 007.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 009.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 212
I've been busy but it's hard to see big changes. lots of little thinks like brackets for throttle return springs, looks like no one makes one for a custom Indy Mod Man intake with EFI and dual throttle bodies. Remade the rear suspension upper arms to add more adjustability. Installed my new HDK 1" sway bar to go with his latest and greatest K frame. The car is going to visit the EFI guy in a few weeks to dial in the Fuel injection. August is just around the corner, I gotta get moving.

What'd rear suspension did you end up going with

-
Back