73 Dart Sport for Fun

-
Pretty much have the wiring finished. Everything has tested out and works but I don't like the way the headlight and wiper switches are working. I put in the original switches but there seems to be some problems. No big deal on the headlight switch; the old one is just not dimming the new gauge lights correctly. The wiper switch is another matter. I have a two speed wiper motor setup but the switch has three positions. When I turn on the wipers all I get is one speed in all three positions. I wonder if this was a three speed switch someone had put in. Anyway, ordered new headlight and wiper switches and when I get those I'll finish wrapping the wires and get on with it.

And PLEASE can someone tell me where the clutch start switch mounts, I just can't quite see it.

Look at what I just got... This makes me happy :).

IMG_0982 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0980 (Medium).JPG

Thanks Mopar, also got these. I'm including a photo of the clutch start switch I'm messing with. Once again, can someone please help me out and tell me where this is mounted. As I had said I just can't see it.

IMG_0984 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0983 (Medium).JPG

For me that's very high praise TF360. Right now as I look at this car it looks EXACTLY right. One of the reasons I bought this car was that it was headed to the scrap heap and I wanted to work on something I couldn't ruin, or more exactly, not take something unique and degrade it. This car was junk and to the junk yard it was heading. I'm having a blast!

Last edited:
Got all the glass installed, well front and back the sides were already in. Best $200 I've spent in a long time :). And to think I was contemplating just doing this myself. Money well spent, and a shout out to GO Glass and their techs for the install. Due to a new quarter panel and other work there was some adjusting required to the rear window frame and they were cool when I did a little quick body work. Good people and it looks great.

IMG_0985 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0986 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0988 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0990 (Medium).JPG

Your car just looks so good. Definitely an inspiration to keep going on mine to get it painted and what not once it's rolling.

Been slow going but except for touchup paint and some detailing the engine compartment is finished and as of right now everything works. Please forgive me if I over post on the pics.

IMG_1090 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1011 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1073 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1072 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1070 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1059 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1020 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1019 (Medium).JPG

More pics.

IMG_1027 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1029 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1031 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1035 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1037 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1049 (Medium).JPG

"I am so sad, my heart bleeds. Half of my fellow voting citizens just spit in my families face...again. I'm old and sick to my very soul. I'm so sorry honey".

And to Mark and others, I'm so profoundly disappointed in you. I'm crying.

Last edited:
Car looks nice! I don't think you could have picked a better color!

You'll never need to ask forgiveness for over posting pics. Especially when the car looks so great!

Hey, would you happen to have the part number for that upper rad hose?

More pics.

View attachment 1714992422

View attachment 1714992423

View attachment 1714992424

View attachment 1714992425

View attachment 1714992426

View attachment 1714992427

"I am so sad, my heart bleeds. Half of my fellow voting citizens just spit in my families face...again. I'm old and sick to my very soul. I'm so sorry honey".

And to Mark and others, I so profoundly disappointed in you. I'm crying.
you did a hell of a job on the engine compartment...it's so clean.....:thumbsup:

First, AMAZING build!!! Second, read the whole thread twice, your build is inspiring and makes me realize just how far I have got to go.

Question, what wiring harness did you go with and did it come the fuse block?

Again, awesome build

Hello OC,

The wiring harness was Ron Francis and I have to say I really liked it. Also this kit did come with the fuse block. The fuse block is a bit on the large size due to the way you make the connections. Wiring can be hooked to three sides of the block which adds about an extra inch in length and width.

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"

Last edited:
Your build looks great.
FYI you can still buy the oem style electrical tape at McMaster-Carr, it is decently priced.

Hello OC,

The wiring harness was Ron Francis and I have to say I really liked it. Also this kit did come with the fuse block. The fuse block is a bit on the large size due to the way you make the connections. Wiring can be hooked to three sides of the block which adds about an extra inch in length and width.

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"
Thanks for the reply. That harness looks like a thing of beauty. Looks less complicated than the painless plus that fuse block...... Just a quality build all around.

Completely awesome build!!! Top end workmanship for sure. You are getting me excited for my up and coming project... She's named HEMIsFear...
726858-6392a5170ed38c0b3965ff4a96106080.jpg

601.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back