-
Status
Not open for further replies.

76orangewagon

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Help, I need a (Left) drivers side Wiper pivot arm for a 1973 duster I tried to disassemble mine and broke the housing in 3 pieces...lesson learned. please let me know that you have by either pm or post....I live in akron ohio 44305 thanks Ross

Ross, Let me look tommorrow. I'm suffering from CRS tonight.

heres a pic of the part Im specifically looking for....

Attachments

• WP6776A%20large.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 489
  • mopp_0906_19_z+1967_barracuda_wiper_seal_leaks+front_view.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 469
I have a pair of pivots if you are still in need. $20.00 plus shipping from Michigan. Message if you're interested, Geof

If you had successfully disassembled that wiper pivot you would very likely find it wasn't worth putting back together again. That left pivot catches a lot of force resulting in wear. The top of the shaft and the upper bronze bushing in sad shape. Result is shaky,noisy wipers.
2 ways to address the problem.. Since the shaft rotates only half revolution and all the wear is in one direction, If you mark the housing before taking it down from the cowl and then reinstall it rotating your mark 180 degrees you change where the wear happens in the bushing or begin to wear on a less worn side of the bushing. This may reduce the noise and shake a little but the wear in the shaft is still in the same place.
Another better plan is to invest parts from a right side pivot in restoring a left side pivot. That's right, the right side pivots often show nearly zero wear.
For those who plan to force new pivot seals over the top on the shafts per the instructions included with those kits... Do yourself a favor, Mark and rotate both left and right pivot housings 180 degrees while you're at it. You wont find this little tip in their instructions. Happy moparing

I dont think so. Not that I'm aware of anyway.
The bronze bushings and seal kits are all I've found.
Is there a way to disassemble and rebuild them , obviously using a hydraulic press wasn't the way to go......thus the reason for needing a replacement..........

Because I needed to shorten the right side pivot, I had to learn how to take them apart and put them back together again.
It's not a process I want to try explaining
There should be plenty of good used ones out there.

Here's a related question, How do you get the wiper arms off the post. There looks to be a clip on the under side, but I wanted to be sure before I apply force and break something that wasn't intended to come apart.

I recently picked up a 71 demon 340 that has a bad driver side wiper pivot, does any one have any? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back