73' front suspention on a 70'?

-

dingo77

Reaction score
ok mopar nuts out there just wanted to get some feed back and make sure im rite on this. im working on my 70 swinger and found a 73' donor car that has disk and was a 318 car. so my question is am i correct in thinking that i can swap the the front ends from the 73' from A arms to K member to my 70' without a problem? thanks again guys.

ok mopar nuts out there just wanted to get some feed back and make sure im rite on this. im working on my 70 swinger and found a 73' donor car that has disk and was a 318 car. so my question is am i correct in thinking that i can swap the the front ends from the 73' from A arms to K member to my 70' without a problem? thanks again guys.

The upper A arms, spindles and brake hardware will work and give you the bigger bolt pattern.

The K member will have the spool type motor mount so you will have to swap out the motor mount brackets on the engine. This is a good idea as they are a better mount.

sweet. i thought the K member swap would be better as the 70' was a slant 6, and is being swapt over to a V8.

then youll need v8 mounts any way win win. You ever meet a Jerry Barker in Fresno with a maroon and silver 37 chevy?

Sounds great but don’t forget the proportioning valve........
Daryl

lol thanks daryl for the heads up. that is on my list of things to change or add, as is the master cylinder and power booster as my car was non power.

If it has the swaybar, be sure to use the '73-up LCAs' w/the spool mounts. Do NOT mix the '67-'72 in w/the '73-'76- it won't work due to the later bar being more narrow to accommodate for the later calipers. The LCA swaybar tabs are moved in, as well as the K-member being notched for this,too. If you try to use the '72-down swaybar and LCAs' the calipers will smack the swaybar mounting tabs. Not cool.

If it has the swaybar, be sure to use the '73-up LCAs' w/the spool mounts. Do NOT mix the '67-'72 in w/the '73-'76- it won't work due to the later bar being more narrow to accommodate for the later calipers. The LCA swaybar tabs are moved in, as well as the K-member being notched for this,too. If you try to use the '72-down swaybar and LCAs' the calipers will smack the swaybar mounting tabs. Not cool.

You can swap the spindles from side to side and mount the caipers in the rear. You need diffrerent brake flex lines though.

You can mount a 72 down sway bar on a 73-76 K-member. You just need to drill the holes in the front K-member lip for the sway bar brackets. The LCA's in interchange, but again you need to move the calipers to the rear OR shorten the sway bar end links. I've seen people use front calipers on wide swaybar cars. Wide swayber: original 72 down setup.

BUT you can not bolt/fit a 73-76 sway bar into a 72 down K-member. There is no hole through the K-member for the sway bar to pass through.

-
Back