**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
Pffffft!!

I have had more than my fair share of "OLD" cars! Race, Show whatever. Tired and getting too old to hassle with that crap anymore. I still have a couple of classics in the weeds!

I get just as many "Thumbs Up" with the SRT too! How many cops have pulled you over and requested a Test drive??? No Cougars around here are gonna sit in a rattletrap with no a/c :D .

Remember, sitting in a SRT Charger is like sitting in front of your favorite tv show (it has 2 screens and dvd with a 600+ watt 5.1 Dolby digital surround pumping through 13 Kicker speakers) with a big glass of ice tea laid back in your Lazyboy recliner. :cheers: I love it!

BTW, it'll hit 160mph+ without a hiccup and carve a corner like a shifter cart!

But it's still just a late model commuter car. Just about anyone can get a loan and own one. Lol...

P.S.
It's probably the smart way to go. It's just when I go racing and to shows I'm not interested in the late model cars. Rat Rods, Hot Rods, and early 1970's and before is what interest me. Not late model commuter cars.

Nice Louis, this guy gives up on his turbo car and then talks sh*t on you for taking a break on your TT Dart. If I want TV I will head to my living room. LAME. Ok back to the story.

Nice Louis, this guy gives up on his turbo car and then talks sh*t on you for taking a break on your TT Dart. If I want TV I will head to my living room. LAME. Ok back to the story.

:finga: Not everyone has their own personal money oak in their back yard!! I didn't do it by my own choice buddy!!

My post had nothing to do with trashing Louies ride! I simply was pullin his chain. Buuut, taking a break isn't swiping the engine and installing it in another car! Thats back burner with the stove off!! :)

I'll be out in the car watching the game while you get your nails done!

Its all good! Have a nice day!

Sorry for playing on your thread Louis!

:finga: Not everyone has their own personal money oak in their back yard!! I didn't do it by my own choice buddy!!

My post had nothing to do with trashing Louies ride! I simply was pullin his chain. Buuut, taking a break isn't swiping the engine and installing it in another car! Thats back burner with the stove off!! :)

I'll be out in the car watching the game while you get your nails done!

Its all good! Have a nice day!

Sorry for playing on your thread Louis!

I don't care. This is all pretty Hilarious. I put the engine to use instead of it sitting in the corner of my shop. It is easy to build another one is my thougt. By the time maybe the New Eddy Heads will be on the market that are supposed to flow 400 CFM @ 500 lift! Haaa

Hey, when you get a chance, can you send me a graft off of your Money Oak?

Send it to:
Revhendo
1 Broke Dude Ln.
Costa Mesa, Ca.

Thanks.

I don't care. This is all pretty Hilarious. I put the engine to use instead of it sitting in the corner of my shop. It is easy to build another one is my thougt. By the time maybe the New Eddy Heads will be on the market that are supposed to flow 400 CFM @ 500 lift! Haaa

:prayer: Its all good! Make due with what you got, I understand fully! We still have another A-body with a BB turbo in the works!

Carry on! Where is the damn time slip??????:happy1:

Work has been so darn busy that I have not touched the car at all. But today I finally had a chance to look at the Scamp! Found a lil puddle of trans fluid under the car. Got it all on jacks. It seems that the lil leak is coming from the VB shift shaft seal. Kinda weird. I wiped it all down and I will inspect it again in the morning to make sure. The other leak pretty sure is at the Speedo cable Very small but I can't stand leaks so they must get fixed.
For some odd reason I can not get the Filter plate to seal at the oil filter another small stupid leak. I will be ordering a Canton Billet Filter Plate that should take care of that. Found another lil small oil leak at the Fuel pump block off plate. I will make a new gasket for it before it goes back on the road. All minor stuff..... I just need the time to take care of it.

Still have not fixed the Fuel Tank sending unit leak so that will get fixed while it is up in the air. I figure in the next 4 weeks my goal is to get everything done and install the Split Mono's, Caltracs and all new shocks along with installing the NOS.

Here it sits...... Patiently waiting for me to have enough free time to getrrr dunn.

View attachment IMG_5481.jpg

You gotta love a car that is pretty even sitting on jackstands.

Verified that it is the shift shaft seal on the transmission that is leaking.

I don't want to pull the transmission so the Pan will come off so I can drop the valve body and then I should be able to punch it out from the bottom. I think a C Clamp will help me re install the new one is my thought.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to do this? I am open to any and all ideas!

or....... Could it be the plug on top of the Shifter Shaft at the Valve Body that deletes the Kickdown that's leaking?? I just had a brain storm...... That hurt, LOL

Verified that it is the shift shaft seal on the transmission that is leaking.

I don't want to pull the transmission so the Pan will come off so I can drop the valve body and then I should be able to punch it out from the bottom. I think a C Clamp will help me re install the new one is my thought.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to do this? I am open to any and all ideas!

or....... Could it be the plug on top of the Shifter Shaft at the Valve Body that deletes the Kickdown that's leaking?? I just had a brain storm...... That hurt, LOL

Either way your going to have to drop the valve body. I would say us a small 2x4, and a pry bar, up to the chassis.

I've used threaded rod, nuts, washers, a deep socket to pull the new seal in. I don't like prying on the new seal or paying for the special installation tool.

That or a small slide hammer with a large washer under the end nut is what i've used. Easy peasy!! Did you verify that its not the dipstick tube seal leaking and trailing to that side? Those are the worst for that too!

That or a small slide hammer with a large washer under the end nut is what i've used. Easy peasy!! Did you verify that its not the dipstick tube seal leaking and trailing to that side? Those are the worst for that too!

I felt and reached around all I could. I thought it was the dipstick at first also but its not. Dipstick is brand new and the rubber grommet/Seal is doing its job.

Oil leaks are hard to pin point sometimes. I have spent 3 Different occasions trying to find this one. It is definitely at the shift shaft.

Another good idea on the slide hammer. I just bought a brand new one a few weeks ago. :D

Some of the guys that I know that don't want to pull the trans just pull the carpet back hole saw a hole in that area and do there removal and install and then put a rubber plug back in the hole and put the carpet back over it.... Can't say I have done it that way... BUT... Guess that might be one way...

Some of the guys that I know that don't want to pull the trans just pull the carpet back hole saw a hole in that area and do there removal and install and then put a rubber plug back in the hole and put the carpet back over it.... Can't say I have done it that way... BUT... Guess that might be one way...

I can see how certain situations that would work great. My buddy did that through a firewall and drilled right through a head to gusset up a Valve train and make it to the next round and ultimately won the $$!!

-
Back