**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
I broke 4-5 of the small joints - but it was in a stick E body w/ a 340, NO2, and big tires. A lot can stress a joint - horsepower is the least in terms of worries. Get the angles right and have a strong enough shaft and it should live just fine.

I ended up buying back the Caltrac's and all 4 Shocks on my old Swinger! Vitamin C hooked me up on them! They should be here in a few days! I will probably go ahead and order up the Split Mono's after I speak to Calvert Racing about the stance so I can throw the blocks in the parts pile.

I ended up buying back the Caltrac's and all 4 Shocks on my old Swinger! Vitamin C hooked me up on them! They should be here in a few days! I will probably go ahead and order up the Split Mono's after I speak to Calvert Racing about the stance so I can throw the blocks in the parts pile.

if you get the -1" springs you should be close. if you still got a bit to go down you can install a set of rear sliders in place of the shackles. they will drop the car about an inch. that and they will dramatically decrease the side to side deflection of the factory shackle set up. I even notched mine into the frame to get the car as low as i could without using blocks.

if you get the -1" springs you should be close. if you still got a bit to go down you can install a set of rear sliders in place of the shackles. they will drop the car about an inch. that and they will dramatically decrease the side to side deflection of the factory shackle set up. I even notched mine into the frame to get the car as low as i could without using blocks.

So yours are the -1" springs? Nice and thanks for the pics! What size wheel is on the back of yours? Looks like I may still need to go 1" lower even with the sliders and notching the frame.

So yours are the -1" springs? Nice and thanks for the pics! What size wheel is on the back of yours? Looks like I may still need to go 1" lower even with the sliders and notching the frame.

YES, mine are the 1" lower then stock. my wheels are 17x11" with 345-45-17 tires.

they measure out to be 28x12.5"

YES, mine are the 1" lower then stock. my wheels are 17x11" with 345-45-17 tires.

they measure out to be 28x12.5"

Well that is about where I need to be on ride height.

I just got off the phone with Calvert. The max they offer is the -1 springs and they can move the eyelet to center to get another 1/2" or so. So max would be 1.5" lower than stock.
The guy on the phone was telling me there is another way to do this. You relocate the front spring hanger 5" forward and use the -1" Spring that is 5" longer on the front part of the spring. Tire Location stays the same and leave the rear hangers as they are. He was saying they do this a lot when guys are willing to make the mod and that the car will ride better and 60' faster then with the sliders. This is another option that I will be looking at. He was saying by moving the hanger forward 5" it will lower the car but I need to look at that cause I believe it will actually Raise the car because you are going LOWER on the frame rail for the spring attachment point. Hmmm
Also I would need to get longer bars for the caltracs or build them which would be no big deal.

Ok after looking at the car and researching it out some more. I will be going the standard route. Guys are running real fast with the stock configuration. Hey at least I caught myself this time............ Gotta stay on the path!

That turned out nice! Might have to do that with my own car if I ever go with the Caltracs.

thanks guys. not sure if you noticed but i put 3/16" steel plate on either side of the frame rail then welded the sliders to the plate. i couldnt believe how thin the frame rails are. then when i notched the sliders into the frame i had to channel a 1 1/2" portion out of the original rear spring eye mount.

thanks guys. not sure if you noticed but i put 3/16" steel plate on either side of the frame rail then welded the sliders to the plate. i couldnt believe how thin the frame rails are. then when i notched the sliders into the frame i had to channel a 1 1/2" portion out of the original rear spring eye mount.

Yes I noticed it!

Took the Scamp out yesterday for a thrashing. I went to a local cruise in nothing but a bunch of guys that like to stare at their cars. I rolled through the parking lot parked for about 5 minutes and hit the road. Car ran very well in the cool morning air. The transmission shifts very well. I am happy the way everything has turned out. I will be starting my wideband install this week and messing with dialing in the carb.

There is another cruise in and car show this afternoon in town at Siggy's Restaurant from 1-4pm. Gunna mess with the car a bit and head over there to see what is going on! Like I stated a few times there are things like this happening all week here in town and even other citys around California. This is besides the huge Car shows in downtown Temecula "Rod Run" that happen a couple times per year. This is why it is pretty easy to get mixed up in a street warfare just about any day of the week and multiple times at that! LOL....... Here is a link if anybody is interested.

http://socalcarculture.com/cruise_nights.html

your lucky louis around here we get some action, but the idiots doing sideshows screwed alot of that up.somtimes we just cruise out looking to find some fun.thats when the best pairings happen.or wait till a goodguys show is closing and you can always get victims....lol

I cant find anyone around here worth the gas to race. Got ahold of a turbo subaru wrx the other day. Peddled the car in first and it hooked and ran it out in 2nd. Had 10 plus cars on him when I popped 3rd and let off. He tried to catch up and blow by me and I let him get next to me and I got back into it and put another 4 cars on him. The guy wouldn't even look at me at the next light.

lol givem the leave, then blow by them.burns them more.and itsmore fun!:burnout:

Got the shocks and caltracs today! Going to order up the split mono's. I put an order into Jegs on Monday for some valve cover baffles and breathers. I just checked and Fedex is supposed to deliver them on Friday...... Here we go again. Jegs did not ship the stuff until today, they SUCK. Summit use to be the fastest but lately they SUCK too.

Wow! Took the last hour and a half reading through the drama. Talk about a nightmare!!! I am really impressed with how she sounds being the engine was setup for turbo's. It oughta love the juice with 9.5:1 compression!

I'd be raising hell with the PO if he wasn't dead already :) . Good to see you built your own trans too! The 904 and the 727 are really simple transmissions to build. You do know they both use the same valvebodies right?

Can't wait to see what she'll do on the track!

Mad props Louis!!!

Wow! Took the last hour and a half reading through the drama. Talk about a nightmare!!! I am really impressed with how she sounds being the engine was setup for turbo's. It oughta love the juice with 9.5:1 compression!

I'd be raising hell with the PO if he wasn't dead already :) . Good to see you built your own trans too! The 904 and the 727 are really simple transmissions to build. You do know they both use the same valvebodies right?

Can't wait to see what she'll do on the track!

Mad props Louis!!!

Haaa, yeah the motor is only 9:1 Compression though. Sure runs like its alot more than that. Yes the valve bodies are the same on the 904 & 727.

what no kill stories from the weekend?

I killed a 2012 5.0 Muttstang and a couple "Ricers" Saturday night after my wife and I left the Fast and Furious movie :) . Does that count???? ;) I love my 4 door bore :D

Where the hell is your Turbo beast???????

Sorry for the jack Louie!! :eek:ops:

I killed a 2012 5.0 Muttstang and a couple "Ricers" Saturday night after my wife and I left the Fast and Furious movie :) . Does that count???? ;) I love my 4 door bore :D

Where the hell is your Turbo beast???????

Sorry for the jack Louie!! :eek:ops:

It's all good!

Despite all the street race bashers here I think you should document the Dart kills. Makes for good reading for us guys with the cars apart and engines just sitting.

soon as i get my car all buttoned up with glass im gonna get the go pro camera set up and race my **** all over town. then chop the footage up Quinten Tarentino style.

soon as i get my car all buttoned up with glass im gonna get the go pro camera set up and race my **** all over town. then chop the footage up Quinten Tarentino style.

Remember to blur and bleep out any incriminating evidence. Not sure if every PD checks online for street race videos, but mine sure does!

Funny I was just looking at a Gopro yesterday! Think I will be picking me up a couple of them. For us guys that roll solo this will work well! LOL

Go get em'
EASY E..... fck the police!
Haaa

-
Back