**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
Got the car on the ground and did a shake down.... All I can say is Holy Bageebers Batman. It runs really good! The Transmission I rebuilt is all good to go! Converter is OMG!.........
Got into my first pissing match with a 396 Chevelle. Was at a light left turn lane "2 Lanes' nobody around guy right next to me. I put it in Neutral and start wicking up the throttle right next to this clown. I was just starring at him. He says it sounds pretty good what is it a Big Block. I said Nope just a lil small block. Then I straight out said so WTF you want a piece of it or what?? and no I was not even joking one bit!! He just looked at me like I cant believe this Mopar wants to even try so I said after the turn lets do this. So we turn right next to each other side by side roll out a lil bit and we both hit it. I pulled the clown 3 cars right out of the gate bounced off my revv chip at 6K seemed like instantly and grabbed second. Looked in my Mirror dude was back at least 10 cars... So after he says hey, let me go get my other car....... I said go get the fckrrr, Ill be right here!! Lol :D

:burnout:

Around here there are plenty of Victims. This is Hot Rod Alley there is always a car show and guys out looking for some chit for damn sure. I could be at it all day long easily.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig54yIJ3bm8"]410 Scamp wit Mufflers on. - YouTube[/ame]

Got the car on the ground and did a shake down.... All I can say is Holy Bageebers Batman. It runs really good! The Transmission I rebuilt is all good to go! Converter is OMG!.........
Got into my first pissing match with a 396 Chevelle. Was at a light left turn lane "2 Lanes' nobody around guy right next to me. I put it in Neutral and start wicking up the throttle right next to this clown. I was just starring at him. He says it sounds pretty good what is it a Big Block. I said Nope just a lil small block. Then I straight out said so WTF you want a piece of it or what?? and no I was not even joking one bit!! He just looked at me like I cant believe this Mopar wants to even try so I said after the turn lets do this. So we turn right next to each other side by side roll out a lil bit and we both hit it. I pulled the clown 3 cars right out of the gate bounced off my revv chip at 6K seemed like instantly and grabbed second. Looked in my Mirror dude was back at least 10 cars... So after he says hey, let me go get my other car....... I said go get the fckrrr, Ill be right here!! Lol :D

Around here there are plenty of Victims. This is Hot Rod Alley there is always a car show and guys out looking for some chit for damn sure. I could be at it all day long easily.

410 Scamp wit Mufflers on. - YouTube
badass louis! same kinda ride i spanked first! take no prisoners show them whats up! lovin it.

badass louis! same kinda ride i spanked first! take no prisoners show them whats up! lovin it.

Lol, I gotta take my frustration, stress and aggression out on something "Poor Scamp" I went to the station and filled it up Gas. The gauge was pegged before I started my thrashing.After my 35 mile run...... I only had right above a 1/2 Tank, that is how hard I was running it........ Sucked up some fuel!!
I did order up a new dip stick cause for some reason it is weeping after that brutal break in. Also the valve covers were leaking a bit cause the POS Aluminum covers I used are tweeeeked at the rails when I run a straight edge across them. I used thick cork gaskets and tightened them down real tight but they weep a bit. So I tightened them up more and got them to finally stop. If it continues I will just put on the Mopar Performance covers I have.

I did also order up a 7K Series of Rev Modules. Going to slap in a 7K or 7200 Chip. The car pulls too damn hard to the 6K chip not to increase it. I heard that these chips start to cut out 2-300 RPM sooner than the markings on them.
Hopefully this will give me a lil more time to grab 2nd........ It just happens too damn fast right now even with the 3.91 gears and 28" Tall tires. I am glad I did not rebuild the transmission with the Low Gear Set....... I surely do not need it! :D

I hate to hear that about the low gear set cause I had PTC put one in my tranny.

I see you went with an H pipe instead of the X. What mufflers did you use? They sound pretty good from the vid but I tell ya the X pipe and the mufflers I described earlier sound perfect to me. Manual downshift heading into a pool bar will piss off all the bikers cause they will get up to see who the 4 harleys pulling in are! I had the same experience with my 416 fish on gas milage. My 5 gallon tank would not last very long at all but who cares? Gonna get a stock size when it comes back together.

Congrats on the first blood! Get her down the track so we can see what it does. My guess is a 1.60 60' and 7.0 1/8 mile at 99 MPH.

I hate to hear that about the low gear set cause I had PTC put one in my tranny.

I see you went with an H pipe instead of the X. What mufflers did you use? They sound pretty good from the vid but I tell ya the X pipe and the mufflers I described earlier sound perfect to me. Manual downshift heading into a pool bar will piss off all the bikers cause they will get up to see who the 4 harleys pulling in are! I had the same experience with my 416 fish on gas milage. My 5 gallon tank would not last very long at all but who cares? Gonna get a stock size when it comes back together.

Congrats on the first blood! Get her down the track so we can see what it does. My guess is a 1.60 60' and 7.0 1/8 mile at 99 MPH.

I actually tied the exhaust into what was already there mufflers and all. They are only 2.5" Pipes and yes they have the H. The Mufflers are some Magnaflow's the are pretty short. As far as gas mileage I truly could care less. I figure I leave on a cruise fill it up and when I get to the destination or even before I'll fill it up again. I am well prepared to spend $100.00 for fuel or even more every time I take it out no problem!! It is well worth the fun for sure.

Gunna try and take it to the track in the next few weeks. Battery is in the trunk so I gotta get a Disconnect hooked up and need to fix my Neutral Safety switch and its ready to go. Oh and I will be installing the NOS Hopefully this weekend. I think they are going to throw me off the track if I hit it with the Juice. No cage and Lap Belts!

Well then make the first passes on the motor.

If you still want to see pics of an X pipe and mufflers for TTIs I can try to take a pic or two with my throwaway phone and send it to you, if I can get it to work. I just love the way the exhaust I have sounds and it actually made more power than open headers. My exhaust is laying around the shop so it would be easy. Just send a PM with your #.

I bet it would like a 3" exhaust system

Yes I will add one later for sure especially when I add the JUICE! Still it runs pretty darn good. So good that I am in shock of how good it runs. Lol
My goal was to get it on the road with what I have.
Now that it is tied into the TTI's it will be easy for me to duplicate what is there over to the 3" System when I do it.

X2 on that one. Tweaker Chamber for sure! Oh and your going to kicked off the track even on the motor, who are we kidding. Haha.

LOL

I made the suggestion to do 330' hits and roll it until he gets it right out the gate, then on the last run(s) of the day stand on it! :)

He does know some of the regulars that run at the res, so he may be able to get some more latitude. There are some guys running 7.00 with no bar or aftermarket belts at that track.

Well the valve covers just kept weeping so I installed the MP finned covers that were on the 340, no more oil leaks. Also I replaced the dipstick today. The other one had a pin hole in it right where it meets the block. The engine was warm when I installed it. I slipped a nut over the tube and then used a piece of chromoly tube about 18" long over the tube and tapped the tube into the block. It went in after about 15 small taps with a hammer good and tight no leaks. I installed a 7200 revvv chip in it today also so ill have at least another 1000RPM to play with. The oil will be changed tomorrow then I am ready to terrorize again starting Friday.

Took the car out for another thrashing today and ran into my old neighbor that use to have a really nice RR 440 6pak 4spd. I was lighting my tires off in front of his office, Lol so he comes out and says damn when you get this car, it sure sounds healthy is it a BB? He then says can we go for a ride. I say sure. He gets in and starts telling me how fast his RR was this and that as we're taking off, I'm just yeah yeah, blah blah listening. We go down the road where nobody is take a left and I let it rip all 3 gears and about RPM'd out in 3rd to my 6k chip then let off. He was trying to grab onto anything he could was some funny chit, thought for a second he was gunna jump out, LOL. He then says holy **** this thing would have wasted my RR, I just started laughing and said yes it sure would've! :D

Haha! Nice. I really need to replace my clutch disc so I can use more than 1/4 throttle on my 408...

hell yes light car and stroker power ! you prob will go 11 50 without sprayin it first.if it hooks...

hell yes light car and stroker power ! you prob will go 11 50 without sprayin it first.if it hooks...

My next project is suspension after I finish up the NOS and a few other things.

List is...

1) calvert shocks front and rear
2) new upper tubular control arms
3) heim joint front strut rods
4) lower front end down about on the stops
5) calvert split monos in rear " custom tho so car sits low like it does now " need to call them and see what the say... Don't want a block at all I think -2" from stock should do it.
6) caltracs

-
Back