**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
so your gonna have it going today then? thats not a huge amount of work. make sure the engine has oil in it too!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I know its just minor stuff. If time allows then yes it will be fired off later today, going to head into the shop later this afternoon. Trying to knock down some dough!

Open Header fire off!! Lol

The engine has oil in it! :D

if you have time it would be awesome if you posted pics on how you installed the air/fuel gauge. I am ready to order one myself and would really like to see how you go about putting it in. sucks nobody makes them in 2 5/8". i have a trans temp gauge that is 2 5/8" and was gonna put it in a pod below the dash with the air/fuel.

if you have time it would be awesome if you posted pics on how you installed the air/fuel gauge. I am ready to order one myself and would really like to see how you go about putting it in. sucks nobody makes them in 2 5/8". i have a trans temp gauge that is 2 5/8" and was gonna put it in a pod below the dash with the air/fuel.

Yes I will document it. I will be putting a bung in each pipe about 4" just after the collectors. This way I can bounce it around from each bank.

Oh and I found you some 2 5/8 Air Fuel Gauges. They will custom make them too at no extra charge to match your existing. You can play around with the look on their site. Pretty cool. These piggy back to your choice of Air Fuel set up. I have the AEM unit.

http://www.speedhut.com/gauges/Air-Fuel-Gauges/1:14

Yeah I know its just minor stuff. If time allows then yes it will be fired off later today, going to head into the shop later this afternoon. Trying to knock down some dough!

Open Header fire off!! Lol

The engine has oil in it! :D

I saw the dist was on - did you prime the oil system?

Yes I will document it. I will be putting a bung in each pipe about 4" just after the collectors. This way I can bounce it around from each bank.

Oh and I found you some 2 5/8 Air Fuel Gauges. They will custom make them too at no extra charge to match your existing. You can play around with the look on their site. Pretty cool. These piggy back to your choice of Air Fuel set up. I have the AEM unit.

http://www.speedhut.com/gauges/Air-Fuel-Gauges/1:14

ya i saw those but they are analog and not the cool digital ones with the fancy lights that make the car faster. auto meter makes one too but its analog as well.

So does anybody remember "Days of Thunder"?
The scene where the pit member points out that one quarter panel is still good and Duvall kicks it and says, "There, I wouldn't want you getting spoiled".

It is ALIVE! It fired right off instantly. Before I fired it off I checked for fuel leaks... Damn good thing I did because the rear fuel long at the entry was leaking like a stuck pig all over the Dizzy. Turned it off cinched it down and no leaks. Timing was set at 20* initial. Put a light on it and bumped it up to 32* all in for now. I will fine tune it tomorrow. It has no leaks anywhere not even a drop. The transmission has all gears. For some reason the Neutral Safety Switch is on so I had to jump it at the starter relay. I have the Exhaust left to hook up and I still need to do the Backing Plates and a few other minor things.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo5RaOzA_HA"]Scamp 410 Stroker - YouTube[/ame]

Sounds great Louis. Actually sounds just like mine. Maybe I missed something but wasn't that a low compression engine setup for the turbos?

Sounds great Louis. Actually sounds just like mine. Maybe I missed something but wasn't that a low compression engine setup for the turbos?

Yup it is a whole 9:1 Compression. As of now it sure does not act like it. It does have a Solid Roller Camshaft in it. 242@50/.634 Lift with 1.6 Rockers. This engine is the one that I had the cam tunnel line honed along with the mains. This engine is the easiest rotating assembly I have built to date. Spins super free, big difference from the other ones I have built. It is Fully Forged, ARP this and that and has Cometic Head Gaskets on it. I believe this engine is going to become addicted to the JUICE!!
:burnout:
The engine sure surprised me when it fired off. I could not imagine what it would be like with the TWINS on it. Damn!:D

It sounds "hangry" (angry and hungry). Feed it some tires :)

alright louis get it on your trailer and get up here sunday....

Ok so I checked out the Neutral Safety Switch. It tests out fine. I am thinking the arm on the Valve Body Linkage is not engaging the switch. I also have NO Reverse Lights. So the trans pan will come off for an inspection at some point. As of now I have jumped the brown wire terminal on the Starter Relay to Ground, it starts right up with the key!

Got the exhaust hooked up and 2 bung in for the O2 Sensor. Found out that someone had cut the Neutral Safety/Reverse wires and spliced them in about 14" off the trans. I will be tearing into the harness and make sure all is ok there before I think about dropping the pan.

After welding the bungs in I chased the threads with a spark plug chasing tool. I got the screw in bung plugs at Orielly's this morning. $2.50 Each. In a pinch I guess you could just use an old spark plug.............

View attachment phpmJaQLTPM.jpg

View attachment phpzki5NfPM.jpg

View attachment phpqN5FDTPM.jpg

View attachment php1EWbF2PM.jpg

View attachment phpaN0cC7PM.jpg

View attachment phpjdbCwnPM.jpg

View attachment php7yngOMPM.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics of the O2 sensor install. Looks like you mig welded em in. If that's all it takes then I could probe handle it.

Thanks for posting the pics of the O2 sensor install. Looks like you mig welded em in. If that's all it takes then I could probe handle it.

Yup Mud gun was the choice, I would never take the time to TIG weld any exhaust under a car.......Especially coated and OLD *** pipe! Screw that! Lol. Be careful though you don't want to penetrate too far and into the threads. The material where you weld is really thin before getting into them. Also DO NOT put anything in the threads like a Plug or the sensor when welding or you will NEVER get it out! After it cools off, chase the threads and you are good to go.

-
Back