73Duster chassis is up and running

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
[ame=http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l548/bigmike540/20150426_131645_zpshnhtecpj.mp4]
th_20150426_131645_zpshnhtecpj.mp4
[/ame]

finally fired the old girl up ..been a long time coming and the video don t do the old girl any justice as far as how it sounds...not long hope to have it out for a few test passes make sure it goes straight and don't do anything crazy.....a few of the injection lines are bad so have to replace 2 or 3 of them oil pressure is fine temp is great with the alky ....I was so happy to hear it fire ....:prayer::prayer::prayer:

[ame=http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l548/bigmike540/20150426_131645_zpshnhtecpj.mp4]
th_20150426_131645_zpshnhtecpj.mp4
[/ame]

im trying to upload the video but want seem to let me smdh ..sorry guys

Methanol sure is cool! Ron's injection? Big radiator you got there. Nice ride!

Yes it's a rons toilet set up..the radiator it's not really that big I had it already so we used it..and thanks guys for the kind words been a long road and still trying to make it. ..just hoping that there is no problems any time ..timing is set at 34 to get it going so probably going to have to play with it some...hope it makes a great pass and put down a good number when it goes out..

Maybe its just me. That rear axle been moved forward 4-5 inches? One problem you won't have,fouled plugs.

Any guessing on what you guys think this thing might run...
451 low deck je dome piston eagle rod and crank indy intake rons toilet injection indy -1 heads to rockers milodon gear drive msd dizzy bullet 725 I think roller 727 Trans 5500 turbo action verta 456 gear 14/32 tire square tube chassis glass fronted doors deck bumper lean windows ...

Let's hear it guys..

Trying to upload a sound clip from the track ..will post it later ..but this is how it looks right now..paint is in the future but going to work all the bugs out first..

I'm sure I could tune it for some 11's..... that seems to be my luck anyways! :)

Well that's better then the luck I'm having. .lol not knowing anything about alky and how to tune it or anything I believe I have filled a few cylinders and got 4 rod bearing showing somewear really bad ...but I do believe my oberg filter saved me a lot..not a piece of metal up top all in the pan and filter.. but it's a part and on the stand now so got my fingers crossed...we did manage to leave on the car 1 time lol 1.50 60ft and it was like it was on ice for about 80ft or more out....gotta call rons injection tomorrow to see what we need in this thing..we have 93 pill in bypass and 39 in nozzles. .Bob said I need a bigger pill and I think so as well. .but we will see how things go ...now my son has to put his fire suit on the back burner for bearings and gaskets and whatever else comes up ..

injected on methanol. Really is a great combo. But your going to have to rethink some things. Like a bigger pill will lean it out. Not knowing what went wrong I can't offer my opinion. But I will ask, did it milk up the oil? Did it warm up? What temp on the line? At the stripe? On initial startup,did it take a long time to build heat? You can easily burn 1gallon of fuel just warming up. Next time lean it out with the fuel shutoff. Saves fuel and wear and tear. Did you crack the throttle when turning it over to start it? Like you would with a Carb. Foot off the throttle when starting. No throttle until the engine is idling. Contact ron's. They will probably suggest sending in the entire system for a check up. And you need to know what your fuel pump flows. Your tune will be based off your pump. What kind of plug you run? How did it look? You wont foul a plug with methanol. So you got to read them differently. A good plug is ngk r5671a-10. Goggle "reading plugs 101" by Mike canter. Hey,your setup is a good one and will put a huge grin on your face. Just got to adjust some thinking there. And if you knew this stuff already,forgive my enthusiasum. Just trying to help.

I'm new to the meth game and my only contact with it is through a friend at the drag strip. He was running a progressive sprayer so the psi increased the higher into the rpm he got. Is this a pretty normal set up? Also I am sure you already know this but he uses washer fluid...says it's much cheaper and easily available.

I wish I had pictures but his car is a 02 mustang gt that he drives an hour to the track and runs low 11s at 126 then drives the car back home. The car looks bone stock but man that thing screams. I didn't get to watch the video but I am sure yours does to and look forward to learning more about this meth business.

Sounds like an add on system to supress detonation. Earthmover has constant flow mechanical fuel injection. Its the entire fuel system.

Yeah I've talk to Ron injection Tuesday he told me a great deal of info ..told me to try it is way and call him back let him know how it went..great set of people to talk to and deal with. .I'll keep everyone informed in how things go

well the old girl has a new look ...I did all the paint work and the lay out of the stripe myself ...never painted a car before so I think it turned out pretty good...I need to wet sand and buff it paint the back bumper and redo the hood got trash in it from being to close to the wall..what you guys think looks pretty good ...

Some of the best paint jobs come from garages; yours supports that theory!

Way to go sir!

not on here or anywhere much anymore but thought I would check in and share

[ame=http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l548/bigmike540/20150514_201959_zpsfixtjmol.mp4]
th_20150514_201959_zpsfixtjmol.mp4
[/ame]

not much but its a few steps at the time we getting there...thanks bob shingle for all that he has done great friend and buddy...

-
Back