750 Brawler vs 650 AVS 2 at the track, right OOTB !

-
bla bla bla when you pick up 15 cfm@.400 lift nope carry on

Nitrous in a 11-12 second car is hoooo hum. It’s so easy even a caveman can do it. Put your big boy pants on and do a little work like the gentleman in this post is doing. A little work won’t kill you.

And yet, he didn’t look at a plug, didn’t pull both carbs down and look at the tune up.

I have two Brawlers in the shop right now and I’m not sure how many I’ve done but not ONE even had a remotely close tune up. In fact, I’ve done several sets of them for tunnel rams and 2 exact same carbs with the exact same part number didn’t have the same tune up in them.

Im not being critical of 318’s testing. I get it. But it’s hard for me to believe that Brawler is even close to being right. There is more in it I believe.

Rat, i need to buy a carb soon.... was going to get a brawler, what do you recommend instead?

Nitrous in a 11-12 second car is hoooo hum. It’s so easy even a caveman can do it. Put your big boy pants on and do a little work like the gentleman in this post is doing.
1 ive alread done what mr318wlru has
2 iam not learning to port heads at 60 plus yrs old its not needed
3 i dont want to rev a motor to 6500 7000 so i dont need spray
4 i might go to the track a couple times not race all the time
5 a nice easy stroker cruise car that can rip low 11s with spray is fine shift@5500 trap@6k
6 being able to suck the paint of 90% of the cares on the road is good enough
7 it means to each there own i dont piss on your 30 cfm gain from porting act accordingly yourself

1 ive alread done what mr318wlru has
2 iam not learning to port heads at 60 plus yrs old its not needed
3 i dont want to rev a motor to 6500 7000 so i dont need spray
4 i might go to the track a couple times not race all the time
5 a nice easy stroker cruise car that can rip low 11s with spray is fine shift@5500 trap@6k
6 being able to suck the paint of 90% of the cares on the road is good enough
7 it means to each there own i dont piss on your 30 cfm gain from porting act accordingly yourself

You’re the one telling him to NOS it. He’s not afraid of doing it the hard way as most of us aren’t. Anyone can bolt a system on and run 11’s. No pride in that.

You’re the one telling him to NOS it. He’s not afraid of doing it the hard way as most of us aren’t. Anyone can bolt a system on and run 11’s. No pride in that.
pride lol grow the fck up man
the hard way? its not hard either way speed cost how fast you wanna go 9 second car today fcking easy bfd
take your diaper off
bolting on heads that flow 300 cfm and a 260@ 50 cam and 4.56s and 12 inch slicks is harder to install then a small cam 250 cfm heads and 355s and spray NOPE
isnt its harder with full interior@3500 lbs vs a gutted car 2800 lbs all those guys better put that chit all back in
those top fuel guys better run pump gas remove those blowers
any asshole can rip out his interior right
Ive chatted with mr 318 i know he doesnt like nitrous i was teasing him
stfu
Now you can say your famous line quote what till he needs help

I see nothing wrong with either of your ways of doing it, whatever works for you.

the hard way? its not hard either way speed cost how fast you wanna go 9 second car today fcking easy bfd
take your diaper off
bolting on heads that flow 300 cfm and a 260@ 50 cam and 4.56s and 12 inch slicks is harder to install then a small cam 250 cfm heads and 355s and spray NOPE
isnt its harder with full interior@3500 lbs vs a gutted car 2800 lbs all those guys better put that chit all back in
stfu

STFU. Boy that’s real grown up. Lol

I've have a few different Holley Carbs on 360's, but the AVS 2 has the best throttle response-dive ability out of all of them.

I see nothing wrong with either of your ways of doing it, whatever works for you.
there is nothing wrong with any way
cutting weight
boost
n/a
power to weight ratio is all that matters

9 second car today bfd
hemi darts were in 8s moons ago
stock with a tune and slicks 10 flat 1968

Vacuum helps but it's not needed if the boosters are the right type (annular or triple-stack and/or at least sharpened lower edges),
What does all that do exactly?

Vacuum is generated all the way through the intake tract even at the intake valve. Last time I looked vacuum is what the piston generates as it travels down the bore pulling the air and fuel in does it not?

short-side radius in the intake port has the right contour and the port velocity is decent for the intended application
The average Hot Rodder isn't Darin Morgan with a wet flow bench to actually see what the wet flow is doing is he?

How do you crutch an engine with a SSR that causes fuel separation?

But when I set theory aside, followed evidence, I ran a better time and mph with the LC 360 and log manifolds, with 2.45 gears.
Here's a thought, If the engine needs more exhaust residual to heat the incoming charge to help vaporize it helping it burn better what happens?

What does all that do exactly?

Vacuum is generated all the way through the intake tract even at the intake valve. Last time I looked vacuum is what the piston generates as it travels down the bore pulling the air and fuel in does it not?

The average Hot Rodder isn't Darin Morgan with a wet flow bench to actually see what the wet flow is doing is he?

How do you crutch an engine with a SSR that causes fuel separation?

Here's a thought, If the engine needs more exhaust residual to heat the incoming charge to help vaporize it helping it burn better what happens?
Your acting like there's some kind of proof that the 650 is vaporizing fuel better than the 750 and that vaporizing trumps every other aspect of a build, it is the only concern and that smaller valves ports carb is always a gain. I imagine there's a fairly narrow range that most engines can vaporize fuel like the ones we are dealing with and most of us have very little control of it.

there is nothing wrong with any way
cutting weight
boost
n/a
power to weight ratio is all that matters

9 second car today bfd
hemi darts were in 8s moons ago
stock with a tune and slicks 10 flat 1968
So, you're impressed with an eight second half million dollar car? I'm more impressed with a nine second n/a car, with less than 20k in it

Your acting like there's some kind of proof that the 650 is vaporizing fuel better than the 750 and that vaporizing trumps every other aspect of a build,
Maybe he can try a Dominator next and it will go faster will it not because you just gave it more air?

I imagine there's a fairly narrow range that most engines can vaporize fuel like the ones we are dealing with and most of us have very little control of it.
You keep imagining. There's so many places to do it and **** it up.......Valve size, port size, manifold size, exhaust size, Ignition strength fuel type and carb size to name a few. And yet if I say try a smaller carb you jump up and down when its the EASIEST thing to try/change to see what the engine wants...... You scream I'm restricting the engine.........Am I?

You cant get your head around the fact that big inch Ford NEEDED more vacuum at the top end to make power. You get hung up on "small" instead of thinking about what's actually happening in the engine to do it.

Just because you you give an engine more air doesn't mean it will use it. Why does it matter if the SSR is fucked?

take your diaper off
stfu
Well that's a mouth full.

Now back to carbs. I personally really really liked my old 750 double pumper Holley and ran 9.80 with it on pump gas. And I really liked it when I updated it with a Proform main body and baseplate and turned it into an 850.

So, you're impressed with an eight second half million dollar car? I'm more impressed with a nine second n/a car, with less than 20k in it
iam more impressed with a 10 second car built with parts from the junk yard
hemi dart was in the 9s for almost nothing
if you spend 500k to run 8s your a dummy

-
Back