Status
Not open for further replies.

64X2

Mohel at your service.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 8 3/4 axle out of a 67 A-100 van. It is 53 3/8 from backing plate to backing plate and is a 741 case. I would gladly trade this for a small bolt pattern A-body 8 3/4. I also would take $300.00 for if you want to do the cash route. I am all about trading, as it seems to be the only way I can afford to get the parts I need for my project. Please ask any questions and I will try and answer them to the best of my ability....
Thanks in Advance...
pete

axle.jpg

axle1.jpg

BUMP................................................................................................:drinkers: :happy6: :sleepy5:

Not lookin' to be an @hole, but, I think you'll be shelling out a few hundred $ PLUS that rear end to get a complete A body 8.75. A body ones are a bit more desireable.

Sadly that is probably true, I am just trying to find a way to get rid of what I have and get what I need without money. I don't have a lot of money and want to get things done on my car so I thought trading would be answer.....
Not lookin' to be an hole, but, I think you'll be shelling out a few hundred $ PLUS that rear end to get a complete A body 8.75. A body ones are a bit more desireable.

Have not figured it out yet? If I went by the turning the wheel method it is possible a 3:23 rearend. Is there a way of telling short of pulling it apart which I don't want to do....
What is the gear ratio?

Have not figured it out yet? If I went by the turning the wheel method it is possible a 3:23 rearend. Is there a way of telling short of pulling it apart which I don't want to do....

Sure, or at least this method has always worked for me.
Put a chalk mark on the tire/drum with the car/rear end up in the air.

put a mark on the yoke and case to line up.

turn the yoke until the the tire/drum makes a complete rev.

How many times did the yoke turn?

3 1/4=3:23 etc.

Thanks I will look into that tonite........

Sure, or at least this method has always worked for me.
Put a chalk mark on the tire/drum with the car/rear end up in the air.

put a mark on the yoke and case to line up.

turn the yoke until the the tire/drum makes a complete rev.

How many times did the yoke turn?

3 1/4=3:23 etc.

Ok, I measured from spring pad to spring pad and it is 47 3/4 inches, backing plate to backing plate is 53 3/8 inches. I also checked the ratio, I think it is a peg leg rear end, when you rotate the drum two times around the yoke rotates 3 1/2 times, so I am assuming it is a 3:23 axle or could it be a 3:91. I also discovered it is a 1966 axle. Any way when you rotate one side the other side rotates the opposite direction, so I that's why I think it is a one legger. I hope this helps.....

I have no idea other than it is a peg leg rear end with possible 3:23 or 3:91 gears......I don't want to break it open I would like it to go as is....
66701 sorry it took so long, I have been busy with school, do you know if it is cone or clutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back