8 and 3/4 rear in a riding mower

-
College park MD is not far from me but I never heard of it. I was head mechanic at a small engine shop for 6 years and never saw anything like that come through.

It is a legit 8 3/4. This was covered in Mopar Action a few years back. The trams at World's of Fun in Kansas City had propane slant 6's and 8 3/4 rears, and some rollercoasters use 8 3/4's for drives, too.

69730_W3.jpg
This Hemi maybe :rolleyes:

Back in the 70s my father and uncle had a high school project where they built a garden tractor.

They used a 64 mustang v6
mopar a833 with a second a833 trans to get a low and high gear.
Then narrowed an 8 3/4 rear (unknown gear ratio)
Open exhaust. (That sound Got me into hot rods)
The tractor is about 5 foot wheelbase.
I will have to remember to take a pic tonight.
He never finished the body panels but when she is running it sounds mean. As a young boy it was the cats *** when she fired up -:)

Back in the 70s my father and uncle had a high school project where they built a garden tractor.

They used a 64 mustang v6
mopar a833 with a second a833 trans to get a low and high gear.
Then narrowed an 8 3/4 rear (unknown gear ratio)
Open exhaust. (That sound Got me into hot rods)
The tractor is about 5 foot wheelbase.
I will have to remember to take a pic tonight.
He never finished the body panels but when she is running it sounds mean. As a young boy it was the cats *** when she fired up -:)
How about 94 for that v6. Only inline 6's in 64.

Must be 74 ... he built tractor in 74 ... so now I am confused because odds of a new junk yard engine in 74 is rare. We still have the seats from the mustang in our shop.
Must have been 74. The V6's didn't come out until 74

The tractor is a bit scary to drive down the road at 40 mph. My balls ain't big enough for more speed on that.

My late grandfather bought that Oliver 77 row crop brand new. Done alot of work around here, now it is retired. I want to repaint her someday and hook on to the ole oliver plow in the spring or side rake and go flip some hay. Just because I can.
Cool machine. Mustang II 2.8 liter V6 for power. What I love most is the Oliver behind it. I collect and farm with Oliver`s.

The tractor is a bit scary to drive down the road at 40 mph. My balls ain't big enough for more speed on that.

My late grandfather bought that Oliver 77 row crop brand new. Done alot of work around here, now it is retired. I want to repaint her someday and hook on to the ole oliver plow in the spring or side rake and go flip some hay. Just because I can.
I am weird and like the factory paint best no matter how it looks. Work clothes as I call it she earned that look.

-
Back