86-year-old veteran sniper still has perfect aim

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdqxkHd2RQ"]86-year-old veteran sniper still has perfect aim. - YouTube[/ame]

A must watch. If this video doesn't move you, nothing will. Thank you for letting us meet a hero.

That is MORE than awesome!!!

A not quite so dramatic but true story:

A good Jeepin' friend of mine, Gary, had a cousin Heman and an uncle Louie. "Louie" for YEARS, since I'd been in 7th grade or before, ran a very low brow used car lot. He became known unofficially as "Louie's Lemon Lot." YEARS later, when Louie was in his late 80's, cad cataracts and glasses 2" thick, he was pesterin' Hermin and my friend Gary to go "huntin" Gary and Herman both realized this might just be the last outing for old Louie, so Herman, the always scrounger, dug up a beat up old rifle, with no rear sight, and brazed a washer on the back for a "sight."

So out they went, and had a "poor" day. Coming back to the "rig", someone spotted a deer, just the head and shoulders, sticking up above a small rise. Old Louie ripped off a shot and drilled that deer right through the neck!!!! Gary said nobody could'a done that again in a hundred years!!!

So Old Louie was the "deer hunter" at least for that season.

This is what was once the Jr. High School (bottom left), actually, the original High School built in 24? Louie's lot was in an old service station at the top right, where the car is going around the corner from the north. My recollection is that this was a "Signal" brand station, but that may not be correct

Attachments

• Louie.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 357
I love how we are doing more things like this for our older veterans. I wish I could have done something like this for my grandfather before he passed 6 years ago. I year after that I took up WWII reenacting, I love talking to the veterans and listening to their stories. Always brings a big smile to their face.

Here is a picture of my unit with a veteran of the division that we portray.
215914_1040198279783_6629_n.jpg

Dang! That's unreal! You could tell the Sniper Team was awed by his ability, "5 inch grouping at 1000 yards, that's impossible" but the old guy did it!

Bet those Nazi's never saw him coming back in WWII

Great video!
I love talking to retired veterans and listening to their stories. Unfortunately, there are less and less of them every day.
Talk to a vet and learn from them. He's been there, seen a lot, and experienced things you probably haven't.

Early on in my military career I would see the retired men and women and wouldn't think much about it... but I guess with time and maturity I always take the time to thank them for paving the way for current members. I also take time to just talk to and listen to them talk "shop". It makes me feel good inside knowing that just listening to someone talk can make their day.

Part of the "Greatest Generation". My Dad was a WW II vet. They went and did what they had to do, then came home and built a better country for us. We as a country, would be much better off, if we would return to their ethics, and values.

'73red-duster said:
Part of the "Greatest Generation". My Dad was a WW II vet. They went and did what they had to do, then came home and built a better country for us. We as a country, would be much better off, if we would return to their ethics, and values.

Your so right.

'73red-duster is right. People need to make this country better. Not wait for the politicians to do so. Change starts with the people of the country.

Thats amazing that he can still do that.

"Don't screw with grandpa. You won't like the surprise"

Great vid, had to share it.

Thats damn amazing! My hat is off to him, and all who have served, and still serving.
I go to the range weekly, and enjoy my toys. Although I cannot do that! I am sure he is an interesting person to sit and talk with!

This is a fantastic account of a great hero. Here is another; My Dad with his buck from three years ago at 87. Dad got a new Inline on his 90th this past February. He is a WWII vet and BTW, has been totally blind in his right eye since age 16. These men are incredible.

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 139
-
Back