$9650? For this?

-
That is odd, I wonder how it got posted in Minneapolis . It was in lake havasau city AZ a couple weeks ago. It was my Brothers car in Phoenix for 30 years until a month ago. I'm not sure it is really in Minneapolis. That looks lake Lake havasau city to me! I know everything there is to know about that car.

i don't know about that petty blue 73 scamp......tha radio hole is all cut up.

I have been encouraged by some of the posts of guys finding great deals on CL. So, I started looking locally for another Dart. I came across this. Mine should sell for $80K if this one is worth $9650.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/4483289900.html

That Dart GTS is a rust free car, but the seller is a flipper. I believe the car is really still in Arizona. It is a factory A/C lifetime Phoenix car, no rust anywhere, ever. The car comes with the original buildsheet. He paid 6500 for it in May, with a big story about redoing it, as he had a correct 340 eng/trans for it.

He sold it for $3500 on eBay in May.... Anyone smell a shill bidder?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331203496178

Shill bidder is right. That is a bogus Ebay sale. That car is definitely my Brothers Dart, and he sold it in may on C.L. for 6500.00. it was on the Phoenix C/L. for a while around the end of may when my Brother, and others in the Club saw it posted, they laughed for days.

Well the car was bought new per the ad

it was bought new by somebody, but not that somebody! I took it in on a trade from a friend in 1984 when I lived in Phoenix, and arranged to sell it to my brother, who also lived in phoenix. I had a 69' GTS, and didn't have time to restore the 68'. It was an original phoenix car, then it sat in my brother's back yard for 30 years until he sold it to the guy posting it. Joe sold it with no engine/trans, so this guy puts in the 318, and is trying to resell it. Look at his contact phone, area code for Lake havasu City.

If your brother sold it for $6500 with no engine, I'd say he did pretty good. I don't see any shill bidders on the eBay auction. If there was, they would have bid it up to just under his reserve instead of stopping at $3500, which is about what the car is worth. Bubbles on the quarter panel is not rust free, and a non running 318 is just something that I'm going to have to get out of the way. But, they aren't making any more 68 GTS models, so he may get someone to bite.

If your brother sold it for $6500 with no engine, I'd say he did pretty good. I don't see any shill bidders on the eBay auction. If there was, they would have bid it up to just under his reserve instead of stopping at $3500, which is about what the car is worth. Bubbles on the quarter panel is not rust free, and a non running 318 is just something that I'm going to have to get out of the way. But, they aren't making any more 68 GTS models, so he may get someone to bite.
He did indeed sell it. And he didn't sell it on Ebay. I think the guy pulled it after he got no traction. It looks a lot better in person, but I only mentioned this to help Inform someone else that may like it. The Mopar club in phoenix Knows my brother and this car well, as he is older than dirt! It's not Important to me what anyone thinks it's real value is, only that if someone pursues it, I assume they would like to know all they could of it. I know he got a load of nice GTS parts with the car, but they aren't mentioned. Looking at the ebay post, it never met the reserve, and ended at 3,500.:happy1:

I appreciate what you're doing and have no problem with your brother selling the car. My problem lies with the guy who bought it and is now trying unsuccessfully to flip it. If you list your car on eBay, take good pictures and write a decent description, the last bid is EXACTLY what your car is worth at that time and in that place. If someone thought it was worth more, they would have bid $3501, but no one did. He can list it for $10k on Craigslist for the rest of his life for all I care, but he's probably going to own it that long.

Very true, The 318 is a distraction, nothing else. If he had taken the car back to Phoenix and advertised it for what he paid, others that wanted it would have bought it. Everybody knew what he paid for it, which is why it only hit 3500.00 They knew he wouldn't sell it for what he paid for it. Phoenix is big but also small when it comes to Mopars. On the positive side, the bubbles on the quarter were recent, which led to the decision to sell it, as Joe is 72 and knew he would never restore it. Other than that, it is the cleanest GTS body around for sale. The pictures don't do the car justice. It has been off the road since 1978 or so, and if I hadn't already bought another 68', it would not have seen the light of day. My Brother offered to answer any questions about the car if they wanted to call him.:happy1:

you lucky f*ckers (and I don't mean that in a bad way!) you out west guys have all the choices! I'm stuck in New England with almost nothing Mopar related for sale.....

You guys I'm envious, and jealous! LOL *pricks!* LMAO

My 67 was every bit (maybe "more") rust free that this car, and I bought mine RUNNING for less than half that, and I thought I may have paid a bit much.

-
Back