A 1974 Duster - My 2nd one, 41 years later!

-
Got payment over to Wheel Vintiques, they are making me a set of their Chrysler Rallye's Series 56 for the rear. They will be 15x10 and 7.5" backspace.

Got the long weld stitched up and ground down. Still gotta fill some pin holes.

IMG_2722 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Nice! Happy to see the skin on. Great job!

I need to order up my custom cop wheels soon.

^ I wish! I am going as fast as I can. Plans are, she goes to the paint shop this spring. I am only doing the inside area painting under hood/trunk lids, jams...the pros with do the outside. Thanks Dave!

With wheels being made and tires on the way, I ordered one of Doctor Diffs Suregrip Limited slip (posi) units. Gonna get the 3rd member done and get the wheels and tires on and get this car back on the ground. Pics when parts show up.

Thank you 73golddusterkid, thanks Higgs! All good over here, hurry up and waiting on rear end parts. Pics coming when she is on the ground.

Alex, your slacking, 2 days really, 2 days since your last post. That thing should be green by now.:finga: Looks good Alex, coulda put some 4.88s in there, no waiting.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! LOL! If I had all the $ it would be close to being done....but gotta make the $ to purchase things 1 by 1. I have two quarts of Sassy Grass Delron paint on the way so I can paint the trunk underside lid and the hood underside and hang em'. Parts n Paint are in da mail!

Dave, I do want to come get the driveline from you...so put my name on it please!

Flange/punch tool arrived...but I changed my mind, gonna butt weld it. I'll use the punch to make spot weld holes. Trimmed it one more time to make a nice butt weld. Almost ready to attach the new quarter.

IMG_2716 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

What are those clips called that are holding the QP on? I'll need some of those when I replace mine.

Man, get that 4-speed covered up out of the body dust.

Its all good, it looked like you were in the middle of a tear down.

Nope, It was sitting on the ground, I opened the case to inspect for how much oil was in there and look at the task at hand. Fed Ex pulled up at that moment this morning with the new tires. After a quick pic with the new tires in place, the A-833 was moved to the bench for disassembly. This ain't my first rodeo, No Sir it is not.

More pieces to the puzzle. A reconditioned Lakewood bell housing (thanks Jaws/Dave) and an Aluminum A-833 main housing...both back from the powder coater wearing Hemi Orange. An aluminum A body tail/extension housing has been paid for and should be here soon :)!

IMG_2789 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2788 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

-
Back