A-833 Input Shaft Help!

-
Hah, you guys put too much faith in me; I have never measured those.
But I can tell you anther thing; I have never had to struggle to put those in!
And a third thing is I have never removed the circlip.
But the rollers do have to be perfectly parallel to the centerline. Which I just make happen as I feed the last on thru the slot.

Those rollers do so little work, I would not be afraid to reuse the old ones. The ones in mine are probably circa 1969.

Last edited:
What's wrong with this picture? Answer the metal ring is missing. I bet you put it next to the spacer-tube...... that's not where it goes,lol. The outboard rings (one on each end) are there to protect the washers. The rollers will ride on the ends of the spacer-tube just fine. When you get it out, look at the ends of the tube; they will be all polished.

20210113_134602-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I would be calling Jamie passion first thing in the morning and asking him what the hell's going on and how to fix it...
With that said I bought mine from Brewers performance and they sent a piece of PCV as well...

What's wrong with this picture? Answer the metal ring is missing. I bet you put it next to the spacer-tube...... that's not where it goes,lol. The outboard rings (one on each end) are there to protect the washers. The rollers will ride on the ends of the spacer-tube just fine. When you get it out, look at the ends of the tube; they will be all polished.

View attachment 1715677715
It's not missing... it was laying on the bench while I took the pic, hence the lil gap at the end.
Anyway Why are we talking about the Cluster (That's Already in?)

20210113_133234.jpg

And that Pic was of the First Side of the Cluster... I still had not gone around and finished up on the other side and centered everything.

And that Pic was of the First Side of the Cluster... I still had not gone around and finished up on the other side and centered everything.
Okay now I'm starting to get a grasp it's just the fourth gear input shaft bearings...
Of course it's not going to push in from the top it's going to slide in front to back....

And a third thing is I have never removed the circlip.
But the rollers do have to be perfectly parallel to the centerline. Which I just make happen as I feed the last on thru the slot.

Those rollers do so little work, I would not be afraid to reuse the old ones. The ones in mine are probably circa 1969.
Thanks for This! I even tried mixing them up. I marked all 8 of the old ones and put them in every-other-one... Didn't Fit!
Now they're all out again and separated. The New Ones from Passon's Will Not Fit.

Last edited:
Cuz you posted the pic? and I saw the missing washer? and I wanted you to not have a disaster on your hands in a few weeks?
Hey I'm just looking out for ya.
Thank You Sir, I was just pointing out (with a pic) how easy it was to drop them in despite not going in from the outside like someone here keeps saying...

Since Ima looking,
I see the input laying in there, and it seems to be a lil crooked so I assume the bearing is not on it yet. But it's kindof hard to tell , so I won't put my foot in my mouth a second time...
what's your plan for this?
Well if I angle my screen just right, the bearing does seem to be on there.......
20210123_145140-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
It's all Snap-Ringed in now... Both Halves. wanted to assemble tonite, then I ran into the needle bearing hiccup.

What does this even mean?
Oh, someone saying that you Can't drop the last needle bearing in from the inside of the circle. rather you have to remove the snap ring and slide it in front to back.... blah blah bla
But it doesn't fit doesn't fit doesn't fit doesn't fit...

I'm doing a 3-speed to 4-speed conversion on a 273 2bbl barracuda... it's not 500hp...

Yur gonna like the extra gear; even tho you lose some first gear, the splits are way better, and more than make up for the loss; second gear is in a much better spot.
Yup! Can't wait! I have the old Sychro-less A-903. You can't put it in first if your rolling at all.
won't miss it a bit...

Last edited:
I'm just not happy with it... I quit driving Column Shift Vehicles in the 80's when I got my first 4-speed!
never looked back...

Yeah but you've put a lot of these together and never run into this so what is different here?
Rollers are probably ok unless Jamie got some out of spec parts.
ID of input shaft?
I would not mix old with new as larger ones would be taking the load and smaller ones would not be doing anything except acting as spacers. I looked at my old ones and there really is no discernible difference when compared to my new Passon parts. AJ says use the old ones so that may be where you are going.

I'm old enough to remember Eric Vonzipper. When did you get off motor sickles and into cars?

-
Back