A big hello from BC

-

Hemi-Cammer

Unloved classic rescuer
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just signed up here and thought i'd say hello. I live in Creston, BC (home of Kokanee beer! lol) and i daily drive a 440-4spd '68 Barracuda notchback. Shes been treated rough her whole life and is in need of a redo one of these days but till then theres black strips following it around everywhere it goes!
:burnout:​

HPheavencuda.jpg

barracuda_frside.jpg

Barracamping 1.jpg

Highway.jpg

river3.jpg

Sweet ride! I'm building a 68 convertible 440 (500 inch stroker) right now.

Cheers,

Robert in Richmond BC

Welcome to the best Mopar site around. Great to have another member from the great white north. Love the sidepipes! Don't take them off.

Welcome to FABO :cheers:

Nice lookin' Fish, real Old School. First time I've seen one taken camping.

Join in and have fun. And we love pics. You did well for your first post.

I may be in Castlegar for a job coming up, maybe we could hook up, I'd love to see her in person.

Cheers,
Mark

Thanks everyone! I do love my car and it'll be sidepipe'd till my withered old leg cant push the pedals anymore!

Mark: i have in-laws in castlegar so we go there fairly often and sometimes with the fish so that mught just work :) As far as the camping thing goes, i've taken it camping, to the island, to mission for the old time drags (but not on the track yet), to Calgary, Lethbridge every year for the Street Wheelers weekend and all over the Kootenays rain or shine!

More pictures to come!

Welcome to the site. Love the side pipe look. Are they functional?

Welcome to the site. Seen that old school Barracuda of yours a few times down in Lethbridge. I think I may have talked to you at the mopar show years ago. You must have had that car for a long time now. I like it. Very cool.

Cheers and welcome. Nice ride! My first 'Cuda was a '69 notch, black with a red interior. I still miss that car. Thanks for the pics.

Welcome to the site. Love the side pipe look. Are they functional?

Well, they're actually "show tubes" because only one collector pipe is functional and the rest are for show. The engine is completely stock cept for a Demon carburetor including the C body log manifolds. I rounded up a '66 426 Wedge to stuff under the hood after it gets built and a very talented local man has agreed to custom make some mandrel bent headers to feed new Cobra style sidepipes that will look pretty much the same as these ones. However, with the recet purchase of a house and scarce work lately i doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

Welcome to the site. Seen that old school Barracuda of yours a few times down in Lethbridge. I think I may have talked to you at the mopar show years ago. You must have had that car for a long time now. I like it. Very cool.

Thanks! Its possible we may have spoken before at the SAMU show at one time, i've only missed that weekend twice since 2000 and have been taking the fish for about half that long. I usually hang out with Brian H. or Colin ('70 hemi charger) and a bunch of BC plated types that all convoy there for the weekend and cruise till the wee hours.

Welcome to the site, Hemi Cammer. A lot of good people on here!
I've seen your car many times.
I've always liked it because it's a daily driver which makes it cool in itself.
Not to mention it's a big block 4 speed!
Your name wouldn't happen to be Paul would it?
You would know me if it is, i'm the guy that used to live in Cranbrook, B.C. and moved to Lethbridge about 10 years ago. You sold me some parts and cars a few years back.
I still have a lot of my cars and parts there still, and go back to visit them at least once a month.
My name is Tom.

Welcome to the site, Hemi Cammer. A lot of good people on here!
I've seen your car many times.
I've always liked it because it's a daily driver which makes it cool in itself.
Not to mention it's a big block 4 speed!
Your name wouldn't happen to be Paul would it?
You would know me if it is, i'm the guy that used to live in Cranbrook, B.C. and moved to Lethbridge about 10 years ago. You sold me some parts and cars a few years back.
I still have a lot of my cars and parts there still, and go back to visit them at least once a month.
My name is Tom.

Tom Z?? Well long time no see, yeah i think it was a couple later 60's Valiants brought to your collection wasn't it? I haven't had the pleasure of touring your guys' yard in quite a while even though i lived in Kimberley for a few month while my GF went to the Cranny college. Oh well, one of these days maybe there'll be some free time for that stuff again.

-
Back