A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
Is this something else...or the same thing we talked about a few weeks ago, backwards intake ????? Also Denny, don't you know a way to quiet squeaky hood ? sonething about packing the hinge with grease and work it up and down ......Dad's dart sounds real bad.

Jim is right on the money....pack the space between the coils on the spring full of grease....and raise/pump it up and down till it quiets...about 7/8 of the way up so you do not have to give it that initial tug every time.

Jim is right on the money....pack the space between the coils on the spring full of grease....and raise/pump it up and down till it quiets...about 7/8 of the way up so you do not have to give it that initial tug every time.

Thanks I'll have to give it a try next Wednesday....dumb question, but what type of grease ? Will the stuff to grease ball joints in my grease gun work fine ?

Thanks I'll have to give it a try next Wednesday....dumb question, but what type of grease ? Will the stuff to grease ball joints in my grease gun work fine ?

That grease is good. I took some pictures but couldn't get enough light to do any good.

Dans '70 Duster is at Denny's for it's pending upgrades.

Super low mileage piece found in Nebraska by Hemimark
has all of it's original paint.

Out with the slant 6, 3-speed and 7 1/4 rear.

A thorough cleaning by Dan and Weeb and then in with
the the newly built 383, A833 4-speed and 8 3/4 rear.

KB pistons, H-beam rods, Comp Cam and Edelbrock heads
with performer intake. TTi headers modified by Denny.

More pictures to come, I'm sure.

gold20duster.jpg

Dans383build024_zps72d87961.jpg

Dans383build053_zpsdd5b7192.jpg

Dans383build038_zps81ff2a22.jpg

Dans383build037_zps575d9233.jpg

Dans383build013_zps67092d5d.jpg

Dans383build014_zpsbae71690.jpg

Dans383build007_zpse0bbedb1.jpg

Dans383build005_zps091ade06.jpg

Dans383build050_zpsad6c94ff.jpg

Dans383build052_zpsffaf0554.jpg

Dans383build080_zpsd8938b43.jpg

Dans383build089_zpsedb1a18e.jpg

What a nice hot Rod that is going to make. Is that another Keisler bellhousing?
What tire/gear is Dan going to be running? Discs on front? Wheels & tires?

Is looks great..better than when I saw it in HemiMarks garage years ago, will it make it to the Nationals this year ?

The beauty of this build is everything is ready to go...no bodywork or major re- engineering. Just fluff it up and install. Should be ready to go in a couple of weeks.

Right now, the "like new" 9" front drums along with new 10" drums on the rear will stop it. Future upgrade will be Wilwood discs on front. Wilwood now has a kit that utilizes the original drum spindles and doesn't move the hubs outward. Sharktooth someday too. Dan is planning on using the 15 x 4.5 ralleyes I had on the front of my green Hemi Duster and 15x7 ralleyes he bought from a FABO member. He will run the same size tires as HemiMarks orange Hemi Duster and my green Hemi Duster sported.

Can't wait to hear and see him powershift this hot-rod. I was a wide eyed 15 year old in 1970, sitting on a bicycle, when he used come flyin' by us ...fishtailin' the rear with every power-shift... (let's see the imports boys do that)..smoke rollin' from the rears, in his B5 blue 4-speed '69 Roadrunner with the big white PLYMOUTH Superbird letters on the quarter panel's...

Dan shifted so hard and fast, he is the only person I know to bust a stock Mopar Hurst shift tower off....only to be replaced , first, by a vice-grips...then by a short, E-body pistol grip with a shorter throw...making him faster yet!

Ahhh....those "yutes" were crazy!

Dan and Bro John were best friends...John in his '68 Roadrunner with a big cam, loud exhaust, and the same PLYMOUTH letters...they were both the big influences on my hot rod journey.

Like a Keisler, It's a Brewer's aluminum bellhousing (shown here before painting); A833 4-speed trans shown here also.

Dans383027.jpg

Dans383043.jpg

New leaf springs with an extra inch of arch and Mopar offset spring hangers
will be used for a comfortable fit of the 275/60-15 rear tires.

Dans383build071_zps194e70f7.jpg

Rear gear is a 3.55 Sure Grip

TTi B-E body headers modified by HemiDenny for A-body 4-speed application (below).
Dans383028.jpg

Nice trunk!

Dans383build049_zpsaf3fc4e6.jpg

Dans383build051_zpsbcef5d51.jpg

A 43 year old car with no "rocker rash".....and look how clean those wheel opening lips are!

Dans383build046_zpsc2b97809.jpg

Dans383build047_zps39d4dfbf.jpg

Painted sneaky things.

Dans383build034_zps43cadfb7.jpg

Dans383build035_zps12b2a9c7.jpg

Stripes were added last summer by Bout....our painter.

Dans383build029_zps6357b529.jpg

The wheels Dan will be using are the custom made 15x4.5" Ralleyes from the front of Denny's green 472 Hemi Duster and a pair of 15x7 rears...... identical to the ones pictured here. All freshly powder coated and mounted with the same size 205/70-15 front and 275/60-15 rear tires.

DennysGreen472chw_zps9bcca1d8.jpg

Man, that's gonna be a sweet Duster! I'm still debating how to build up my 383...I like the idea of having forged slugs if I ever want to install a power adder...

Denny showed up after I left yesterday and the boys made a little more progress before the
lights went out.

Dans383build099_zps62343ed1.jpg

Dans383build114_zps6adce36b.jpg

The engine compartment after Weeb's final cleaning.

Dans383build102_zpsac343987.jpg

Dans383build112_zps664d80a8.jpg

Dans383build104_zps4b33da14.jpg

actually the bellhousing is from Brewers...same/same, except the Kiesler is also drilled/tapped for their 5 speed

Is looks great..better than when I saw it in HemiMarks garage years ago, will it make it to the Nationals this year ?

Dan and this Duster was at the Nats last year..as a 6 banger / three-speed this year it will be a 383 / 4-speed...good competition for Dave and the 6-pack attack

lets see...for the *club parking* at Columbus this year we have

1)me / silver HemiDuster and Mule
2)jim / HemiDemon
3)Mark / Hemi Baracuda
4) Weeb/ 440 Duster
5) Dan / 383 Duster
6) Dave / 340 6-pak Swinger
7) John / slammed Swinger

anyone else want to join us?....we have room for appx total of 20-25 cars

reserved parking.....championship barbecuing and all the BS you can stand

It looks like if your car actually ever makes it into the inner sanctum
at the HemiDenny Garage it really gets the Royal Treatment!

Lets see...for the *club parking* at Columbus this year we have:

1)me / silver HemiDuster and Mule
2)jim / HemiDemon
3)Mark / Hemi Baracuda
4) Weeb/ 440 Duster
5) Dan / 383 Duster
6) Dave / 340 6-pak Swinger
7) John / slammed Swinger

Anyone else want to join us?....we have room for appx total of 20-25 cars

Reserved parking.....championship barbecuing and all the BS you can stand

Is Ross bringing his Duster as a "work in progress"?

I think Tin Cup should come to the Nat's this year after all.

We have the giant tent....so if it's blazing hot, we have shade;
and if it rains....we're covered.

Besides Tin, this is the year your Dart is debuting in the national press.

Lastly, if you DON"T come, we will have to drink a beer in your honor,
every hour-on-the-hour (brutal!).

-
Back