A-bodies.......Big motors

-
Come to Pittsburgh............I have a few extra wrenches that could be put to good use!

100_2260a.jpg

You GOTTA move to Phoenix! There's too few really talented guys like yourself. I've built 2 Hemidarts myself & enjoy doing it for fun butr no one here (except 1 guy) really is into this stuff. I'll be starting on a 3rd one soon and could use someone with your expertise......

62BT..... It just so happens that I own a pizza shop! consider yourself on the payroll!

62BT..... It just so happens that I own a pizza shop! consider yourself on the payroll!

Mark
I know you own a pizza shop. That's why I said that. Are we going to see you at the Norwin Car Cruise this year?

I think so..... that is a lot of fun. So many different cars......Did we meet and did I forget your name? sorry..... I think I'll drive the newest addition to the fleet....

gold duster.jpg

Come to Pittsburgh............I have a few extra wrenches that could be put to good use!

Mark

This can't be your garage at the house????? Is this a new one somewhere else?
And here's a pic of the new "A" body when I went to look a purchasing. It's been in the garage all winter getting redone and gone over

im simple minded ,hemis dont impresss me unless their running top fuel, how about some 1/4 times on these hemis

Jim,
Your right, my new garage is behind the restaurant........ and its almost done. I just have to epoxy coat the floor.

no 1/4 mile times for me. I might get a time slip one of these days but I didnt build it to race I built it because no one else has one. Unless I'm wrong it's the only 528 ci 603 HP (Ray Barton dyno'ed), 5 speed, dana rear, 4 wheel disc brake 71 Duster I know of.
3200 lb car and driver with 603 HP at the crank is in the high 10's low 11's acording to this link.
http://www.teamenvy.com/battlecalc.htm

no 1/4 mile times for me. I might get a time slip one of these days but I didnt build it to race I built it because no one else has one. Unless I'm wrong it's the only 528 ci 603 HP (Ray Barton dyno'ed), 5 speed, dana rear, 4 wheel disc brake 71 Duster I know of.
3200 lb car and driver with 603 HP at the crank is in the high 10's low 11's acording to this link.
http://www.teamenvy.com/battlecalc.htm

Whoa,for the knd of money Barton gets i sure hope its quicker then that ,my little 416 stroker runs those numbers...and probably at less then 1/2 of what you paid Barton..

my 440 makes 650 at the rear wheels and will go 9.89s, gonna update to a 230 casting 400 stroker and should see 800 plus at rear wheels

im simple minded ,hemis dont impresss me unless their running top fuel, how about some 1/4 times on these hemis
Wow!.....Tell us what does impress you then and we'll say that (must be something simple).

I did the drag race thing over 30 years ago. Nothing I like better than watching a 4-second fuel car run but I'm a spectator these days.......

ok, a 0.60 over 76 440 with stock steel crank running eagle rods ,srp forged pistons,comp cam .660 roller,309 int 317 exh duration .050 272 int 280 exh106 c-line ,stage 6 heads with 2.14 int 1.88 ex ported,main studs ,aluminum caps,girdle, studded head bolts,M-1 intake with built into manifold valley tray,1050 dominator, compression ratio 11.5 to 1, remember thats pump gas with aluminum heads,ta 4500 converter ta t brake, line lock dedenbear delay box, all msd. 2 inch fenderwell headers 3.5 collectors 8 3/4 rear with richmond pro gears and moser axles.at 4500 launch car will hit 9s with unbraced 8 3/4 I run 10.40s 10.50s leaving at 2200 as i need a dana and I did the job for 12k car included 6 point cage daily driver if I wanted. Im simple, let ya know when I do my 230 400 stroker also only running 28 by 10.5 slicks yup, simple and cheap to keep .

how much meat do them hemis have surrounding the main bearings? more than 1.350? heh I spank a lotta hemis with the basic 440

Would an early hemi, like this one, fit in an early a-body like my '65 Barracuda? It's for sale locally for $750.

1955 Dodge 270 HEMI 2 bbl (from a Coronet)
yeah it would fit easily and they make an adapter from the hemi to the 727

does it run 65s? Ill give you any year 340 you want as a trade.

-
Back