A Bodies in movies and on TV

-
Mannix is doing about 3mph when they wrestle with the wheel, check out the speedo.
Brady Bunch, Mike always had a Mopar either a woodgrained satellite wagon or a Barracuda or Fury vert.

Yeah, I was going to post the same thing but I see you bet me to it....the "wrestling the wheel scenes" were filmed without the car actually moving...LOL

Let's us not forget "The Punisher" with Year One plates

OR

The recent commercial with Conan O'Brien where he's trying to park and early dart and smashing the front and rear into parked cars; once again damaging a non replaceable classic car.

there was an episode of Mary Tyler Moore where Rhoda bought Mary a car. She had a Mustang in the opening credits (haven't seen it for ages, but I want to say it was a '69 coupe). In one episode she lends Rhoda money to start a business, and is getting mad that Rhoda is spending money and not paying her back.
She ends up taking Mary to a dealership, and she's sitting in a 'cuda convertible, and Rhoda tells her it's hers.

edit- just dawned on me that that wasn't an a-body...can we change this to 'mopars on TV'?

edit- just dawned on me that that wasn't an a-body...can we change this to 'mopars on TV'?

Fine by me. I just figured that since this is an A-body forum and since theres never been any shortage of B bodies, E bodies and C bodies appearing in movies and on TV, that it would be good to have all the A body appearances in one place.
But, I think we've already run out of good examples of A-bodies in significant roles in movies and on TV. So by all means post links to videos showing other Mopars on screen as well. I'm especially interested in on screen appearances when the cars were brand spanking new rather than just another old car to trash on film when the cars were 10 years old or older, but post anything you like.

Meanwhile, heres another A-body on TV. In the 1980's TV show "Cybill", Cybill Shepherd's car was a red 64 Dart GT convertible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZZFeQ5C9USs#t=145s

tommy boy. blue gtx convert

catch me if you can, not the new one, the one from the 80s. had an orange dart sport

IIRCC the movie it's a mad mad mad world has lots of old Mopars nothing you would consider a hi po muscle car era vehicle but lot's of old mopar metal non the less.

There was an episode from Everybody Loves Ray where Frank was going to get rid of his valiant and Ray got it. I think it was a 70-72

Shaft's big score 71 Satellite,Gone in 60 seconds,(original)Chargers,Challengers,and Satellites galore.

Black Heat, a mid 70's movie, features a chase scene between a red 68 Dart convertible and a mid 70's Granada. As the Dart goes over a cliff, it becomes a 66 Belvedere convertible. Towards the end of the movie theres another sequence with a 68 Charger.

Brewster McLeod, a 1970 movie that is probably the worst movie ever made, does have a brand new 1970 Road Runner that is shown quite a bit, including a chase scene and including a close up of the air grabber opening up.

Big Fish, with a red 67 Charger in a prominant role, Lively Set from 1964 with the Chrysler Turbine car, Speedway with Elvis as a NASCAR driver with a 67 Charger, Fireball 500 with Frankie Avalon driving a George Barris customized 66 Barracuda, Thunder Alley with Fabian driving a heavilly customized 66 Charger, Marlowe, a 1969 movie with James Garner driving a 63 Fury convertible, Later Mannix episodes had Cuda convertibles and a Challenger hardtop after the Dart went away, just about any 60's or 70's movie about moonshine running usually had old Mopars. The list of Movies and TV shows with Mopar B, C, and E bodies is just about endless. A bodies on screen? Not so much.

Episode of eureka "its not easy being green" cant make out if it is a duster or dart sport

I'll have to do some searching to find the clip, but there's a scene in Highlander (one of my favorite movies) where the Kurgan stabs the marine in an alley and flees. He carjacks an oldsmobile (I think) driven by an old couple, but when the scene cuts and the car comes around the corner of the alley the car he is in is a 71 or 72 Duster.

This is stretching...........The movie Hot Rod.Originally shoen on tv in 79,on ABC.Kid fixes up a Hemi b body,rolls it in a street race.Goes out to a wrecking yard.Meets the owner,the owner rools the door open.To a 41 Willys gasser! They make a deal.The Kid,runs the shootout,and wins the villains girlfriend.Yeah it stretching it, good movie!

Elvis,

"Easy come, Easy Go"

from 1967 he drives a red 67 Dart GT convertible

he plays a navy diver

Fine by me. I just figured that since this is an A-body forum and since theres never been any shortage of B bodies, E bodies and C bodies appearing in movies and on TV, that it would be good to have all the A body appearances in one place.

nah, I was just kidding (mostly 'cause I felt like a dumba$$ for momentarily forgetting that a 'cuda wasn't an a-body:D)

"Firewall" (2006) with Harrison Ford has the new Chrysler 300 in it along with a new Pacifica. Chrysler did TV promos of the movie and the new 300. In the movie, his secretary drove a green '75 2 door Dart Swinger with a manual transmission. Ford tells her to pop the clutch to get it started. Never see any shifting going on after that. In a later scene, the camera is in the back seat looking forward and you see a floor mounted shifter. The shifter knob looks to be that of an automatic.

On a side note, "Miss Jane", in the Beverly Hillbillies, drove up to the Clampett mansion in a new 1970 Challenger convert with '69 low back bucket seats.

Elvis,

"Easy come, Easy Go"

from 1967 he drives a red 67 Dart GT convertible

he plays a navy diver

Nice find! I didn't know about that one. Heres a clip showing the Dart vert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_Sc3iTs_g5w#t=408s

Heres another clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17sKiC8XZHY&feature=player_detailpage#t=360s

But in this scene the Dart is dismantled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Nu3QguPpLUE#t=463s

-
Back