A body Front speaker location?

-
The kick panels everyone is talking about are made by custom autosound. I have a set on order and for canadian guys there are Candian distributors for these things so you can save a few bucks in shipping.

Heres some before vinyl pics, easy really, got some 9mm mdf, cut out the shape of the shelf, cut holes for the speakers, I mounted my speakers underneath rather than on top but it wouldnt matter, the mopar logo is just foam glued onto the mdf and vinyled over, and used speaker grill cloth for above the speakers.

Top notch work there shortz! Very nice!

yup spray adhesive i find is the best, you can just brush it on but i find sparay alot cleaner to work with, Grill cloth is used to cover the speakers, pretty much the same stuff that home speakers are covered with, its just stretched over the speaker covers (parts cut out of the mdf) and stapled to the back

some pics of my kick panels. they are painted chrysler elctric blue now.
IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0043-1.jpg

did you make these? or buy them they look very good and functional

i made them. im liking the mdf rear package tray idea. where do you get the drill cloth? i have some old tower speakers in the house i need to cover.

The third picture shows an original 4"x10" speaker and how it is mounted under the dash grill. The other two pictures show how you can replace it with two speakers using my bracket. You can see how it mounts in the same location using the original studs.

Jerry

Jerry,
How do we contact you with questions, posting here or may we email you ? Your emial address ?

John:-D

Is any place selling kickpanels for a 1966 Barracuda? mine are wack from years of getting wet from leaking windshield (fixed now)

Bought Jerry's speaker adapter plate a couple years ago. Very nice and worth the money. installed mine with 2 smaller speakers, plus the Custom Autosound kick panels.

Bought Jerry's speaker adapter plate a couple years ago. Very nice and worth the money. installed mine with 2 smaller speakers, plus the Custom Autosound kick panels.

How did you access it? I was looking around and it looks like I can get to it if I remove the gauge cluster? My car has a/c under the dash.

I had my dash apart as part of my restoration so the gauge cluster, the under dash AC unit, and the heat/AC controls and vent hoses were out. Still tight working under there but I got it all in OK. Not sure if it can be done with most of that in place, but I'm glad I didn't have to try it.

Tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full. I would like to buy one of your speaker brackets if you are still making them.
My apologies. I just now emptied out the inbox. Since my son took our project car to Houston with him, I'm Mopar-less and don't spend much time in the forums anymore. Guess I should pop in every once in awhile to see what's going on.
To answer your question, yes, I keep a few of the speaker brackets on hand. Please GO HERE to my online order form and send me the pertinent information.

Thanks for your interest,
Jerry

can you direct me to where I can purchase this bracket?
Sure, Tim, it's easy. Fortunately, the link to my order form is conveniently in my August 12, 2019 post just above yours. Click on that link and provide me with all of the pertinent data. I'll get back to you when I receive that information. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your interest,
Jerry

One comment. I bought the mounting plate a couple years ago along with a pair of Pioneer speakers. Make sure you mount the plate and the speakers securely. Just got around to testing mine as I finished up my project and there is a definite rattle coming from those speakers / mounting plate. Thought I mounted them very securely but obviously not. Too much trouble to get to them now. But the mounting plate is very nice, worth the money.

One comment. I bought the mounting plate a couple years ago along with a pair of Pioneer speakers. Make sure you mount the plate and the speakers securely. Just got around to testing mine as I finished up my project and there is a definite rattle coming from those speakers / mounting plate. Thought I mounted them very securely but obviously not. Too much trouble to get to them now. But the mounting plate is very nice, worth the money.
Bill, believe it or not, that was more like four years ago in 2016 when you got one of my brackets. Time sure does fly by when you're old like the two of us!
A solution to rattling that I have employed is to use thin slices of rubber tubing, fuel line, vacuum line, etc. to isolate metal to metal contact. Might even try nylon washers. Thanks for the testimonial.

Bill, believe it or not, that was more like four years ago in 2016 when you got one of my brackets. Time sure does fly by when you're old like the two of us!
A solution to rattling that I have employed is to use thin slices of rubber tubing, fuel line, vacuum line, etc. to isolate metal to metal contact. Might even try nylon washers. Thanks for the testimonial.

New member here, and new owner of a 68 Barracuda convertible. Just filled out your order form for a speaker bracket!!

New member here, and new owner of a 68 Barracuda convertible. Just filled out your order form for a speaker bracket!!
Nathan, I got your information, but for some reason, after being a member of PayPal for 18 years, they just "limited" my account's activity until I "resolve" something with them. I'll let you know if that's going to become a problem for me to obtain payment through them. If so, we'll go another route.
Thanks,
Jerry

Nathan, I got your information, but for some reason, after being a member of PayPal for 18 years, they just "limited" my account's activity until I "resolve" something with them. I'll let you know if that's going to become a problem for me to obtain payment through them. If so, we'll go another route.
Thanks,
Jerry

Not a problem. Cooincidentally they did the same to me today. I just had to load a copy of my drivers license and they 'restored' it a couple hours later.

Not a problem. Cooincidentally they did the same to me today. I just had to load a copy of my drivers license and they 'restored' it a couple hours later.
Everything got squared away with PayPal and I shipped your package out last Friday. Please let me know when you receive it and what you think about the bracket.
Thanks much,
Jerry

-
Back