A-Body Holy Grail???

-
and don't forget the extreme rarity of 340 and 383 A body convertibles, Dart GTSs and Barracuda Formula S.
Then theres the Barracuda based 69 Savage GT fastbacks (and maybe a convertible or two) There were only about 14 made (one with the 440 and the rest split between 340s and 383s.
Another possibility would be the 68 Barris Barracudas. They were your basic Formula S Barracuda fastbacks but with "dealer installed" customizing kits which included George Barris designed fiberglass trunk lid with molded in spoiler, fiberglass scoops on the C-pillars, fiberglass hood inserts, custom wheels, and fake side pipes. I know a guy that has one (you may have seen it in Building T at Carlisle). I believe only two are known to exist.
Then theres the M-code 440 Cudas and Darts, the GSS Darts, and the Hemi Super Stocks have already been mentioned as have the Ghias.
There are also movie or TV A-bodies. The Mannix Dodge Dart GTS customized by George Barris, Korky's Cuda, and the Fireball 500 66 Barracuda. Or maybe one of the factory customs like the Daroo Dart or the Rapid Transit System Duster.
Other contenders would be the rare and unusual A-bodies from countries outside the US and Canada.
There are certainly enough interesting A-bodies for everyone to have a different choice of ultimate A-bodies.

Obviously the '68 hemi cars... but not so obviously the Brazilian Charger. The Aussies also had some cool A bodies. They had station wagons well past 1966 and they were cool looking.

In no particular order-of-importance :

- 1966 Dart or Valiant wagon
: 273 four barrel , 4 speed , special order 8.75" diff w/ 3.55's , factory AM-FM , fast-ratio manual steering , disc brakes .

- 1967 Dart GSS : 440 Mag , Hemi T-Flite , 3.23 w/ S.G.

- 1968 Dart GTS 340 : 4 speed , 3.91's , fast-ratio manual steering , manual disc brakes , factory AM-FM

- 1969 Dart Swinger 340 : 3.55's , AM-FM , fast-ratio manual steering , stripe-delete , Mod Top

- 1970 Dart GSS : Six Pack , 727 console-shift

- 1971 Duster 340 : disc brakes , power steering , AM-Cassette , Tuff-Grip wheel , base interior , TB3 (999) Petty Blue

- 1972 Demon GSS

- 1973 Duster 340
: column-shift 727 , power steering , AM-FM , rear window defroster , sunroof , a/c

- 1974 Hang 10 Dart Sport : 360 , special order 4 speed
( console delete ) , 3.55's , power steering , Tuff-Grip , AM-FM

- 1976 Valiant A38 360

- 1976 Silver Duster
: 360 , console-shift , cloth & vinyl upgraded interior , Tuff-Grip , AM-FM

Original paint, raced for 3 months and put away. Can't get no better.

McVeysHemiDart.jpg

We have a winner :cheers:

I guess I'll stand by my 1969 Barracuda fastback 383 4 speed Formula S. 59 K miles. and yes,it is a driver.

We should be looking for the one that is impossible to find, right? First 67 Barracuda or Dart with big block? M code 68 Dart, 1965, NOT 66, Hemi Under Glass, 1st 65 Formula S Barracuda, Ronnie Sox's 1st Hemi Barracuda, not one of the clones. I think something like that would be the "Holy Grail".

-
Back