A body louvers

-
Don't give up, it's not a lost cause! My brother and I have had lots of setbacks on the louvers, we are trying to be patient as well. We did find a local shop that will make all the pieces for us so then we would do the assembly. Unfortunately, they are suffering from the economy and our contact is out of town quite a bit trying to drum up work to keep his employees busy. Our project isn't enough work for them to really make any money at since it's a fairly large shop. Add the unpredictable life situations that always seem to surface, and here we are today. Sooo, after all the explanations that sound terribly like excuses, bottom line is we have not given up on the project, but aren't able to predict when they will be available either.

Don't give up, it's not a lost cause! My brother and I have had lots of setbacks on the louvers, we are trying to be patient as well. We did find a local shop that will make all the pieces for us so then we would do the assembly. Unfortunately, they are suffering from the economy and our contact is out of town quite a bit trying to drum up work to keep his employees busy. Our project isn't enough work for them to really make any money at since it's a fairly large shop. Add the unpredictable life situations that always seem to surface, and here we are today. Sooo, after all the explanations that sound terribly like excuses, bottom line is we have not given up on the project, but aren't able to predict when they will be available either.
Glad your still around Hadahemi. I hope y'all get some sets done for the fastback folks on here, they looked really good. Racekilla has som really cool ones too. Too bad louvres would look funny on a Dart

Great Idea, like the look, might try making the louvers a bit smaller and getting one more in at the bottom instead of the filler panel.

agreed X2 I would love to see somone make a set for a swinger with all the curves and lines :read2:

Great Idea, like the look, might try making the louvers a bit smaller and getting one more in at the bottom instead of the filler panel.

The project we are working on would fit Dusters and Demons, guess I haven't paid that much attention to the Dart's rear window if it's the same or not. Same thing with the fastbacks, I don't think what we are looking at would fit those. The thought behind the lower filler panel was because there isn't enough clearance from the trunk lid when it's opening to clear another louver panel, so my brother came up with the idea of the filler. The original louvers from the 70's had nothing there and it looks kind of odd.

Still interested in a set. Parked with many other A-bodies at a show Sat. and we had a good discussion concerning how good louvers would look. Please keep us updated.

Any updates...this is a great projct for him and has come a long way... And i'm sure a lot of us duster owners would love them on our cars...for me..would love to have them on my car.....keep us posted....

Any updates on this project? Looks like there is a lot of interest.

Well, I kinda fell into one, I'll post pics in a day or so.
I haven't quite decided, whether or not, I'd sell it.
I'm also unsure of what it's for, I was told Duster-Demon, and that's what it looks like to me.
My Duster is still in storage, so I can't check the fit.
One thing for sure, it's for a Mopar.
It could be Challenger, 'Cuda, but at first glance, it looks too big to fit them.

More to come...

Well, I kinda fell into one, I'll post pics in a day or so.
I haven't quite decided, whether or not, I'd sell it.
I'm also unsure of what it's for, I was told Duster-Demon, and that's what it looks like to me.
My Duster is still in storage, so I can't check the fit.
One thing for sure, it's for a Mopar.
It could be Challenger, 'Cuda, but at first glance, it looks too big to fit them.

More to come...

:happy1:

So...are you saying you might sell them?? I'm very interested if you do. Please let me know either way...always wanted a set : )

I'm not sure that will fit a Duster/Demon ^^^

The ones I've seen had 5 slats and were not a rectangular shape.

Nice find though, especially if it fits a Mopar 8)

Here's a couple pics, for now.
I still have my Duster in storage, so I couldn't test fit.
It might possibly be for a '70's Dart Swinger.

View attachment 1714715650

View attachment 1714715651

These are true A body louvers below....... Those above look close.....They look good too!

attachment.php

These are true A body louvers below....... Those above look close.....They look good too!

attachment.php

Yours looks a lot narrower at the top, then at the bottom. That would definitely fit Duster/Demon/Dart Sport.

The one I have looks fairly even top to bottom width.
Maybe for Dart Swinger??
It's an aftermarket piece (see label), the hinges are at the far ends.

The one with the parallel edges will NOT fit a duster. The one above from Norm will.
I have not given up on a limited production run of the ones I came up with but I still need the funding to open a shop with enough room to do so and make them affordable.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000150 (2).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 172
  • WP_000156 (2).jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 167
The one with the parallel edges will NOT fit a duster. The one above from Norm will.
I have not given up on a limited production run of the ones I came up with but I still need the funding to open a shop with enough room to do so and make them affordable.
Andrew

Those look sharp.......what kinda funding are we talking about? I would spend 300-400 dollars for a nice set like that........and if we have 10-30 people interested and pre-paid.......that's 4K to 12K.......in capitol....would that be enough funding????? Just a thought.......I for one would be the first to pony up.............I believe in your abilities........count me in!

-
Back