A-body nuts and bolts indentification ?

-

dbphemi

Reaction score
Is there any source out there for identifying the correct nuts and bolts for your a-body? I know there are a few places out there selling new bolt kits but where are they getting the info that tells them what screw fits where? Ive got most of the original fasteners for my car . About 75 percent I have bag and tagged the rest I have no clue. Thanks

post pics here and we will see if someone here cant just tell you.

after parting a lot cars i have become familiar with bolts and hardware.....and if i dont know im sure someone else can chime in and we get you all sorted out there ........FABO rocks :cheers::cheers:

alright here ya go. I'm thinking these are some kind of interior nuts?

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 211
Those hold the tail light buckets to the body I think. Is this a 68-9 Dart?

George

im calling it as the nuts that hold the heater bezel and heater switch to the dash frame .....so to get to these you have to reach up behind the dash behind the radio and heater bezel

look on the back of your heater bezel and i bet you find the matching studs

Humm I don't think they are the tail light bucket Nuts .I'm betting on the heater control bracket now that I think about it. I'll dig through my heater parts and see if they fit. Thanks for the help!

It's a possibility they are for the a/c vent . I had 2 72 darts that I parted out with a/c. I was pretty good about tagging and bagging the parts cars but these might have got mixed in with the 69 dart stuf.

i checked the heater switch bracket and it has the nuts on it . the bolts are the same size.i guess these are spares lol. i looked at the tail light buckets and those are a larger size. thanks for the help guys!

Yeah, and one them looks like it has seen to much exposure to the elements! Would that be from over ventilating his nuts?

Nut rot will get ya every time! Baking powder will not fix this problem. this might work

Attachments

• bag balm.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 152
I bet my money that Rani is right about the nuts' application...

I finally got it worded correctly....

(no offense to Rani...)

-
Back