A Body WAGONS-Ho! A body Wagon Thread

-
Speaker location: Another question for you early A body wagon owners. Besides mounting in the tailgate or having a homemade box sitting in the bed, where is a good place to mount speakers in the back and what size and kind of speakers to use?

Here is what I did. Just cut holes in the wood panel and put 6x9. Has very good sound.

0423171707.jpg

Sure is. I've been watching on and off for about a year now. Was at a dealership in Jackson, Mi. Figured it needed a good home. You know, someone who understands it. Lol!

Here is what I did. Just cut holes in the wood panel and put 6x9. Has very good sound.

I really like that speaker solution. I have had them in the side panels in the back, and in the rear doors, but those in the floor panel look like the best solution. But I would use a more flat grill so that they wouldn't get in the way of sleeping back there or loading stuff.

I am looking for 1964 Valiant stationwagon taillights and the luggage rack. Does anybody have any ? I have a perfect pair of NOS 61 Dodge Phoenix reverse lights if anyone needs some.

@Shaun3406 actually no, I haven't given it any thought as I've been working on other things on the wagon. Not even sure of what to ask if I did decide to not use it as I bought it in a package deal along with a power window tailgate - the deal was not cheap!

No, the rare parts are never cheap. Hell, the extremely rare Pacesetter halfcab from Minnesota Truck Parts for my 2wd Plymouth Trailduster wasn't cheap, but I was bound and determined to have one.

I go back and forth on the power tailgate too. I really like them, but the crank on mine is cool too. Let me know what you would ask for one or both. I definitely am going to track down a roof rack. To me, they set off Valiant wagons and look geat.

I apologize, as I have been using my phone to send my last several messages on here. One did not go through.

Thank You, your family, and All of our Veterans who served in the military for our great country. God Bless America !

-
Back