A/c vs Non/ac heater core

-

mod5v

Reaction score
I have a 76 duster non a/c car and the heater core is leaking. I have avalible a 73 duster parts car with a/c. Are the heater cores the same? will they inter change?

I kind of have the same question except reversed. I just pulled the A/C - Heater box out of my '71 Duster and do not want to put it back. I just want a heater only. I do not have A/C anymore.
Are they physically the same minus the A/C section ? Heat isn't a really big deal in Tucson but I at least want the heater hooked back up.
Has anyone every done this or can confirm it will work? Looking for some help with this guys........

I was wonderring the same thing so I did a search on www.Partsamerica.com (shucks, kragen) and the part number is the same with and without AC.

The search was based on a 71 dart with a V8.

Part No.
94504 Four Seasons Copper/Brass Heater Core
Copper/Brass Heater Core: w/AC
Warranty: 1 Year Limited Warranty

Ships in 1 day
$79.99

Part No.
94504 Four Seasons Copper/Brass Heater Core
Copper/Brass Heater Core: W/O AC
Warranty: 1 Year Limited Warranty

Ships in 1 day
$79.99

mod5v said:
I have a 76 duster non a/c car and the heater core is leaking. I have avalible a 73 duster parts car with a/c. Are the heater cores the same? will they inter change?

Yes, the Heater Cores are the same. The actual box that the heater core resides in... would be different between a/c n non a/c cars, I'm 99% sure of that.

73 had 2 diff heater cores on A/C cars...my 73 had a late style, so beware when you swap because i almost bought the wrong one..here are some pics from year one..the left one is prior to May 13, 1973..the right is after 13 May 73' up to 76' :headbang:

prior to.jpg

after.jpg

-
Back