A couple new pics of my car

-
Sucks about your car. How it happened sucks as well, really stupid. Now you are actually hacking up 3 cars to fix your one?
Right in line with the theme here so far.

the brown one looks good enough to drive
but if your are bend on parting it out, i could use the rear turn signal lens

I have boxes of tail lights upstairs. and I just got 4 more with the gray car. After I pick the best for my car I will contact you and list some on this sight. Watch My threads.
There are truck loads of parts here and more coming. I will not use paypal for some parts unless bought through this site. The 340 with all attached parts will be sold as pictured cash offer in person and carry. it is a 340-4 I do not need anything from the gray car except the sheet metal . It came with a 340 bahama yellow car in pieces . Hump and clutch parts and shifter is all here. I won't have time to go through everything for a couple of weeks . But I will allow serious buyers to search the boxes . Also came with 2 rads and shrouds. Steve

We are going to take the brown one to the track to get a time slip and video. than it will be sold after I take the center section and the parts I want.

We are going to take the brown one to the track to get a time slip and video. than it will be sold after I take the center section and the parts I want.

gotcha

glad to hear that one wont get pillaged too much

whenever you get round to it, the turn signal i need is the rear fender mounted one (on the side of the car)
but im in no hurry

Glad you found a shell, if it was newer competition orange for a cobra I'd use it.

I bought another Duster yesterday for parts. It came with 6 new wheels in boxes. It was an old father and son project. Has built 360 solid roller motor, 488's with spool. Grand father ordered it new in 1970 very little rust on one rear quarter. Dash pad and seat is all it needs inside. 59k original paint . Car was kept inside since new in Manhattan. Undecided what to do with it at this time. A good freind may want the body in trade for his 340 duster? This would be a easy car to use due to interior being perfect but I think the body should be kept whole as is. Never saw a 71 this color. I paid 4k for the car and drove it on the trailer. They are still out there for a fair price. Thanks to all that send me the ad.

DSCN2790.JPG

DSCN2791.JPG

DSCN2792.JPG

DSCN2793.JPG

DSCN2794.JPG

DSCN2795.JPG

DSCN2796.JPG

DSCN2797.JPG

DSCN2798.JPG

DSCN2799.JPG

Last edited:
?? Insurance company payout on a drag racing claim ? Better cut your loss
for a couple grand and stop crying and stop posting.

....................post removed..............

Last edited:
?? Insurance company payout on a drag racing claim ? Better cut your loss
for a couple grand and stop crying and stop posting.
The car was crashed on the street at around 35 mph. No street racing involved . Had bias ply tires and factory mags on it from storage. AMD bumpers no strength at all. and the pole hit the weakest part of the quarter. The wing didn't even break. You need to move on . I will post what ever I want.

How many dusters does that make now?! 4?!
Alot more than that. but these are real nice bodies. I buy them all the time. I was buying Roadrunners until the accident. I am going for another 440 Duster next week. I have the room and the guys to help. I probably would have bought some of these anyway. I help many with parts cheap. I enjoy what I do. Retired and the house is paid. Can't take the money with Ya. If you need something just stop in the place is usually standing room only. Except for me an 69383valiant. We just bark orders do Todd and he gets it done with the whip. Always beer and TV or pool table. I like crushing them up with the Grapple. And I get whats under the seats.

Sucks to see what happend to your Duster. I am very jealous that you bring home a new duster almost everyday. Wish i could do that.

hell, let em fix it for 19k. fact of the matter is these auto body repair facilities go back to these insurance companies all the time to recoup what they call add on's. stuff not originally figured or seen in the original estimate. whats sucks is being the baby sitter and making sure all get done to your satisfaction.

so i must have missed it, why did you tear the engine apart?

1. Your insurance company and the adjuster are evidently crooks..... Ray Charles could see that car was a total. (I am not saying it wasn't fixable....)
2. Glad you are young enough, motivated enough, have the shop and $$ to move on
3. I have been in shops or the insurance industry since 1977, yea I am old.....and I have a clue about crashed cars.
4. Good luck with your new projects

hell, let em fix it for 19k. fact of the matter is these auto body repair facilities go back to these insurance companies all the time to recoup what they call add on's. stuff not originally figured or seen in the original estimate. whats sucks is being the baby sitter and making sure all get done to your satisfaction.

I don't know Steve personally, but I feel I know "his attitude" and his skill level is FAR above most here. I can say he would NEVER be satisfied with "some body shop" and the hacking that likely went with it. He's been with these cars, MANY of them, for decades.

I sure wish you well on this project. Maybe it will be "better" in some ways, closer to what you want......

so i must have missed it, why did you tear the engine apart?

Just to check it since it took a front hit and the pulley was bent a little. What I found was the cam bearings were wore on the bottom from high spring pressure. Also Headers took a hard shot underneath. So It will get a refresh .

King bearings this time through out and total seal rings. Bigger Manley valves, new springs and keepers and retainers. The motor only had 790 miles. But shift light set a 8000, rev set at 8500. It has seen 9300 on the recall at times. The trans will also get some over due upgrades.

The car is also going on a diet. It had a mild steel 8pt. cage bolted in. It will now get a molly cage. and eliminate the heater and floor mount cassette . Couldn't hear it anyway. The oil coolers were in the car for the last engine " X block" , hard block filled. They will be removed. This new motor ran cool and could go round after round.

The trans was the problem with heat. But when it would flare it would pick up MPH. It seamed as if the rev between gears would act like flat shifting a 4 spd. and not pull the motor down.

Trans brake is a must. I believe foot braking had a lot to do with bushing failure in the front suspension. The car weighed 3650lbs. in factory trim with a mild cage and still went low ten's , Even the spare was in the trunk. The spare is needed to hold the factory gas tank taught. I will now make a brace to repalce the spare.

I don't know if some of you guys know that but without the spare tire carriage bolt the metal bracket has a tendency of ripping through the floor . Yes the spare holds the tank. I would go to a cell but the seats are staying in the car . With the tank in the trunk a fire wall is needed The original seats are staying in the car.

I am also going to put the car back to its original color and weld the rad support , rear deck and door numbers in. This should cause a riot on here but the car will never be sold and its a drag car at heart. This car has been wreck in the past several times since the 70,s It was a street racer that made me money. No body could ever tell it was re-bodied not even the pro's. I once caught a guy in my trunk at a show looking for the package tray numbers. Hope this answers some of the questions you all have.

News! I am going to look at another Roadrunner on Sunday. Its a sickness , But it keeps you occupied in your later years . Without dreams life would suck. I have some extra nice Duster and Demon bodies. This red 70 340 4spd. A/C Duster can now be put back on the road. I traded the 408 drive line from the brown duster and got it back from my neighbor.

I am looking for a original 2004-06 Road king fuel injected. Will barter if interested. be back tonight going down to the shop to finish the tear down of the Orange one. I'll take more pics. Steve

DSCN0151[1].jpg

DSCN0152[1].jpg

DSCN0153[1].jpg

DSCN0156[1].jpg

DSCN0157[1].jpg

DSCN0162[1].jpg

DSCN0165[1].jpg

DSCN0166[1].jpg

Last edited:
1. Your insurance company and the adjuster are evidently crooks..... Ray Charles could see that car was a total. (I am not saying it wasn't fixable....)
2. Glad you are young enough, motivated enough, have the shop and $$ to move on
3. I have been in shops or the insurance industry since 1977, yea I am old.....and I have a clue about crashed cars.
4. Good luck with your new projects
I am 62 years young

-
Back