A couple new pics of my car

-
I can't think of a single body shop that would estimate the damage. It would literally be an open ended checkbook and someone crazy enough to take this on would only do it as time and materials with no estimate of hours....

Sad to see it but your car is phucked..... you are literally in a boxing match with your insurance and they are gonna try to wear you down...
Stick with it. Been there, done that, and perseverance got me what was fair when my 72 was totaled...

JW

My declared value was 27,500. The damage would have to exceed 80% of the value in order to be totaled. If the damage would exceed 80% . I would get 100% and be able to buy it back for 11% of the declared value. Most ins. co. do not work that way on classic cars.

My policy has a clause that they use their appraiser only. My friend Had a similar issue. His insurance "Haggerty" Gave an actual value which was more than his declared value. He received the full declared value that it was insured for. Also they demanded the cars vin. not be used on another body so he received a salvage certificate.

My insurance has the car being rebodied with clean title. ?? Good for me because it will be a race car now and I will save money on title transfer. I will change to Haggerty for my Roadrunner. READ YOUR POLICIES! I learned the hard way

So you want it written off to get the full 27,500?

Why is that? Wouldn't you rather have it fixed? I mean I'm not saying 19k is gunna get it done. But if that's what they quote to have to car back exact, and it ends up being over that, it's your insurance's problem isn't it?

So you want it written off to get the full 27,500?

Why is that? Wouldn't you rather have it fixed? I mean I'm not saying 19k is gunna get it done. But if that's what they quote to have to car back exact, and it ends up being over that, it's your insurance's problem isn't it?

And are they aware you want it back and if so what's the buyback number? Geico made the number for buyback so I didn't want it when mine was totaled....

JW

I talked to the Adjuster. When I receive the check and cash it, No supplements will be allowed. I am just happy they are not taking the car.

The rear housing is bent, Trans tail shaft cracked, Headers took a hard shot and motor is still leaking oil. may have lifted the Head. None of this is on the estimate I found these items after appraiser left . Check is already here . I found a perfect 340 body. Bahama yellow/black. The car will be fixed in my shop and be better than it was and pro-charged. The only thing I am considering is to keep the new body Bahama yellow which my car was before I painted it Ford Cobra orange.

I sort of liked the orange. It won many shows . It stood out like a pumpkin in a pepper patch I always liked the fake magazine picture I was given of my car at the air strip.

duster show.jpg

New pics 374.jpg

YES, leave it EL5 (that is the one thing you did wrong when you build this car the first time)

Right upper control arm bolt came out totally. Right tire hit the fender and turned the car hard right. I was rolling in second and about to turn down my road. Just got through with a 7000 rpm in drive. First time out with street tires from the Roadrunner. My front runners wouldn't have hit.

I was going through videos from at the track. The arm was loose on the last pass 10.78 @ 128. Car would have went a lot faster. I should have never taken the car out with those tires. I put them on to store it last year. I usually always had 29x14.5 hoosiers on it. I also just built a tube K-member and arms we were going to install. here it is as it was.

View attachment 1715053033

So, if that UCA was loose allready, do we no longer think it was the alignment shop?
Or did this last pass happen after the alignment?

View attachment 1715053034

View attachment 1715053035

View attachment 1715053036

This is really sad to see.

I talked to the Adjuster. When I receive the check and cash it, No supplements will be allowed. I am just happy they are not taking the car.

No way, no how would I take this deal. Please remember, it is your car, they can't take it without you signing a deal.

All that damage, can't believe you are not trussed up in a hospital

I agree..thats why I have $30k Stated value..but after seeing this think I'll up the value..

I agree..thats why I have $30k Stated value..but after seeing this think I'll up the value..

I'm not sure that would help in a situation like this, you'd still have to clear 80% of your declared value in order for them to total it. The problem here is that they are giving what I, and many others, find to be a low price to fix it.

Not saying the insurance companies name?

After the check clears at the bank.

I will be canceling my policy with them. The company was based in Alabama. I will also post the Estimate at that time.
I could be wrong, but usually the case is open untill that check clears, and you can make adjustments to the claim

Once it clears, your done

well if work was completed and the claim pay , but further damages are found . it still on them , unless their calling it a '' paid in full for all damages '' that happened . had a toy 4x4 in my body shop that we were repairing from a crash , body and suspension . got it done , just under totaling it . and then found the front drive was twisted from the wreck . they paid to put a new housing under it , well over the top of replacing the truck . could say they were to deep to bail from the repair . that car has history thats cause it take it too the next level .

I see this all the time in the car biz.... I would never take a deal like that ! Have them total it or tell them you want it redone to as was....
you could find cracks in trany case or engine block etc.... there are always cost over runs in the actual repair.

Squeeze them for another 3k and then cash that check. Sending you a check to cash is a sleazy move... they are hoping you to get impatient and cash it... I guarantee they are prepared to give you more.

read the fine print on back where you endorse it

Telling the insurance company to have aerial intercourse with a motivated pastry comes to mind.

I bought this car yesterday. All I am using is the body shell and the right fender and deck lid. The rest will be sold. It also came with every part from a 340 3spd. car. motor trans rear and suspension and extra body parts. all clutch parts and peddles I will not need any of it. I am also picking another next weekend. I will hope to recoup some of my money from selling some of these parts from these cars. The gray car is absolutely rust free I never saw a body this nice.

The brown one only has all original paint with a little quarter rust and the car comes with a fresh .030 360 with a Edelbrock top end kit and willwood brakes, moser built rear and a&a trans. This car will also be Parted locally I am keeping the Rear ,Trans ,brakes and frame ties. Cash and carry only. prices will be in person with cash in your hands. I will not ship anything and no paypal

I am going back up for the rest of the 340 cars that were at the gray cars location. He has 3 of them all Autos, motors turn but bodies are totally junk. I made him a high offer for all the cars but cannot return for 3 weeks . 6hrs one way.

The brown car is closer and picking it up next saturday.

I was doing my roadrunner and bought several of them but its back to A-bodies for now. Thanks for all your help in locating these cars. PM. me for my Number.

00e0e_5F1ed7PTpDd_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_gZqyy6PFAgA_1200x900.jpg

00q0q_3t1stjCkPtT_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_9PuBYB5GD2S_1200x900.jpg

00V0V_aLsnwlw7R62_600x450.jpg

00V0V_kos8Yt3EMyo_600x450.jpg

00J0J_dDq3aQHNybd_600x450.jpg

00h0h_NkoL685WJm_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_gFwBSWdpwNp_1200x900.jpg

01717_k14rgFYWZin_1200x900.jpg

00707_kBOq36sZ4oJ_1200x900.jpg

thats great , save you some coin too . and sell off the rest , get the coin spent back for the resto . cool deal .

-
Back