A Great Man Passed Away Today

-

Walker434

Reaction score
For those of you that send out prayers; My Grandfather could use some today. He passed at 9:30 this morning. One of the greatest men to walk this earth as far as I'm concerned. He got in on the end of World War II then came back and married my Grandmother (his high school sweetheart) and opened an automotive shop in my hometown in 1946. He ran this shop until he began to loose his memory in 2008, he was 81 years old when he layed down his wrench and hammer and had to go into the memory care unit.

He was a preacher for over 20 years so I'm sure he would enjoy the prayers. He taught me nearly everything I know. I've included a picture of how I will remember him. He was amazing with a hammer, torch and welder.

Attachments

• Grandpa.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 310
awesome picture dude! over 60 years in automotive, i bet he could fix anything lol.

prayin' for all of you

My prayers are sent, and I'm sure grandpa is already set up in heaven, working on something special!! May God bless your entire family with peace and comfort during this time of remembrance!! Geof

He surely must have had a very solid life. Condolences to you and yours.

Thank you for posting, your Grandfather contributed to society. That's a great photo to remember him by.

Be thankful that God put him in your life and that he preached the word of God,It will hurt you but let the peace that surpasses all understanding fill your heart and remember the gifts he taught you and find someone to pass them on to--Steve

Sorry to read of your Grandfathers passing....sounds like he was one hell of a man...

My prayers are sent, and I'm sure grandpa is already set up in heaven, working on something special!! May God bless your entire family with peace and comfort during this time of remembrance!! Geof
that's right. Even gods hemi needs work done now and then

sorry to hear and be thankful for all the great memories he left you with, prayers sent,Joe

Great picture of a cool old codger. I bet he was a hoot. You better frame that one. Prayers to your and your family.

Prayers sent for comfort and peace in the loss of your grandfather. All of these memories you have will be with you forever.

Robert

so sorry about your gramps god bless him and the best

Grandfather could use some today. He passed at 9:30 this morning. One of the greatest men to walk this earth as far as I'm concerned. He got in on the end of World War II then came back and married my Grandmother (his high school sweetheart) and opened an automotive shop in my hometown in 1946. He ran this shop until he began to loose his memory in 2008, he was 81 years old when he layed down his wrench and hammer and had to go into the memory care unit.

He was a preacher for over 20 years so I'm sure he would enjoy the prayers. He taught me nearly everything I know. I've included a picture of how I will remember him. He was amazing with a hammer, torch and welder.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great guy. He reminds me a lot of my grandfather. You have my sympathy and prayers. You also have a lot of memories, and allot of things he taught you I'm sure.

God bless you and yours during this time. You have been blessed for sure. I too think you need to frame that photo and remember, heaven is rejoicing as another of God's children is home. You and your family will miss him, and grieve for your loss, but he is now experiencing what he preached about all those years.

Psalm 116:15 says; "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.

Sorry to read of the loss of your grandfather

Remember the good times with him. Make him proud!

-
Back