A Life long collection that must go. Some pics to scan through

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I just looked back at this thread and there was many posts for parts. I got really sick for awhile and probably never answered some Sorry for that.

Can you all believe I offered someone on this site everything here incuding the Demon For 10k and he didn't show up after everything was put out side waiting for him.

Alot of the parts were never put back.

Here's hoping you're doing better, sir. I recall seeing some parts I could use, but shipping to Texas would have been a challenge. Maybe now some folks nearer to you can find parts they need, and a better inventory can be compiled. All the best to you and yours...

BC

I believe it. Back after my separation but before the divorce I had a much smaller collection I could only get a bunch of promises for. IIRC it was just shy of 6 ton of scrap I tossed.

Wish I had $10K. Or $1K for that matter...lol. Keep positive!

You often don't realize how quickly you accumulate some of this stuff. Glad to see you in better health. I can't believe that guy passed on such a deal!

I have found over the years it is so hard(impossible???), to sell someone a big lot of parts. maybe for 5 cents on the dollar, maybe! and I mean maybe.

its sad we can put so much time, work, and $$ into a great collection of parts and then ya can't find a buyer for the whole lot.....

but everytime I have hauled a pickup full of good parts with wholesale prices to Nats I came home empty! you'd be surprised how fast they can go if someone thinks they are stealing or screwing some old fart !???? LOL no really!

Hi oldmanmopar,

I am still looking for parts. Do you have a pair of 3" shock mounts and u bolts, a 69 up dash pad in black. Rallye dash tachometer?

Prices??

Thanks
Matt

You know I just looked back at this thread and there was many posts for parts. I got really sick for awhile and probably never answered some Sorry for that.

Can you all believe I offered someone on this site everything here incuding the Demon For 10k and he didn't show up after everything was put out side waiting for him.

Sorry to hear of the deal going south after you taking the time to set it up.
Dick move IMO
Glad your health is improving.
Pm sent

It works both ways. I was trying to buy parts from you and I couldn't get you to give me a phone number or address. I don't know if it was because I was in Canada or not, or if it was because you got sick, but I gave up. 10k and the Demon seems like a good deal to me. Maybe it was a dreamer that couldn't really come up with the money.

Jack

He bought another car and was putting me on hold. He said he was injured and his son and friend were coming the next week but they never showed and never answered mails or calls. Liars..

Some parts sat covered in the driveway for a week. It was drive48 on this site. Why I don't like selling parts to Conn. residents . I don't want him getting anything that I have here.

Never called or emailed an appology. Just a scumbag in my eyes. He fucked many out of some nice parts that eventually were thrown in a dumpster and dump truck for weight by my son. It took at least 10 guys and three days to get everything out for him.

Members on this site helped and eventually I gave them some of the parts that were not already thrown out. There is still alot here that fit 71 demon for the car which is still here that is now my sons. Taking my time to pick out the best parts for that car.

10k for all these parts was cheap. I was really in bad shape and just wanted to see them sold for use by someone. All the small bolt drums and disc brakes and suspension were all scrapped as were most of the body parts and transmissons and rears. small parts that would fit in the one shed are still here as are all the demon parts they are upstairs. Kept all the scoops mirrors spoilers and grilles and small parts. Stuff that he may use on the Demon or sell

That's a real shame Steve. Hate to see crap like that happen. Strange as it sounds, I am headed past you in a few weeks as I am going to Florida. Not sure what you have left or what you want for it.

Jack

I will be marking this thread sold . It is an old thread and was not originally a sale thread. But was recently changed to one by a moderator . The parts were sold but after packing it all the member "drive48" never showed up.

It took several members and my son to get it all ready. I was having health issues at the time.

When "drive48" never responded and his son and family made up a story and they never showed. I asked my son to put it all back. Most of the large items were put in a dumpster if it didn't fit back in the upstairs of the shop. Or if it wasn't for the Demon which is now his.
There is one shed that is full , But the boxes are piled high and it is more of a pain to get to now then its worth. Several guys stop in and if I can help and they want to help put things back after they go through things I will help them look.

But as for now I really don't have the time to empty the shed for a $10 part.

I have been answering want ads as most on here know. That is if I know where the part is and shipping is not a hassle.

For this reason I am marking this thread sold. If you need something put it in the want ads. If its easy for me to get to or I know where it is, I will reply.

Right now We have several jobs comiing and will take some days on the lift so going upstairs is out of the question for my son. And I don't climb the latter if I don't have to. That is where all the good stuff went.Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back