A little help from the members here on disc brakes

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well some of you may know I an about to put disc brakes on my 66 Valiant, she was a
170 /6 car and now moving forward to a 360 driver automatic :glasses7:
I am looking at this kit that I am wondering if I am missing something :???:

https://scarebird.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=144

Any input would be great :color:

#1 = What does the rotor run on ..... I don't see anything that the bearing runs ..... I might be just missing something ?

#2 = I didn't see where I could run 4.5 bolt pattern ?

Help please :) .. or if anyone has seen a thread on this (early A brake upgrade) let me know
becouse I can't find anything in search :toothy1:

Attachments

• engine out 4.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 237
Scarebird utilizes a hub mounted rotor which is what you have now. You would retain your hub/bearing assemblies.

this kit will use the stock hub from your 9" brakes. this will then have 4.00" pattern. you will have to take it to a machine shop to have your hubs redrilled for 4.50" pattern. I suggest using screw in studs for the new onesas they can be lock tite'd in.

Thank you RedFish and martywashere :cheers: My car (66 Valiant) is a very low mileage car
under 70.000 miles, I went ahead and did all new bearing all around when I got her over 6 years ago (19.000 miles on new parts) so the front spindles are in great shape, plus this would be great to keep my upper A Arm's and upper ball joints if I or my sons ever have to change them out in the future ... redrilling will be a breeze for my tec/hot rod build down the road :)

Thank you all very much again, y'all rock :cheers:

I'm sure I'm not the only mopar head who can remember tossing a few 9 inch drum assemblies and maybe a couple of 10 inch assemblies in the trash bin. Scrap metal value wasn't worth the effort and no way of knowing those spindles would be usable in the future.

I'm sure I'm not the only mopar head who can remember tossing a few 9 inch drum assemblies and maybe a couple of 10 inch assemblies in the trash bin. Scrap metal value wasn't worth the effort and no way of knowing those spindles would be usable in the future.

Yup pitched a few myself.

-
Back