A little Peeved

-

gtdart

Reaction score
Does anybody ever look at the Wanted items in the for sale column?

I put add in the wanted there last week looking for (1)one or possibly (2) 6 inch 5 on 4 Alum rims. I starting looking on the FABO site today and goto the for sale/wanted. And there in the for sale site is 2-3 people looking to sell the rim/s I put in the wanted site. I don't get it. As I stated, I bought a set at the nat's, but the rear are 7inch way to wide for 67 dart (Good for 70'S Cuda). Sorry to go off, I'm not looking to get banned. But come on people.

I guess most people don't browse through that section...but on the bright side, you found the wheels...right ?

It's just human nature. People are focused on selling but probably just forget to check if someone is already looking for their stuff.

Some of us check out the wanted section, do but it works both ways....
I have a pair of tail lights in the for sale section that a member is looking for in the wanted section:dontknow:

Human nature. We all need to be beat around the head, neck and shoulders with a large blunt object.

Not to be offensive but this sounds like a "I am not being catered to" post. Those people really looking for items here should peruse the "for sale" section as well as posting in the "wanted" section and vice versa for those selling. Being successful in selling and buying items really depends on an individual's proactiveness.

As for me, last week I didn't think it was necessary to sell my wheels. Now, unfortunately, they ARE for sale. You don't say (here) if you wanted 14" or 15". Mine are 15", and 7" WILL fit on a 67-69 with the proper offset.

And from the woe is me department.....when I put the Sedan up for sale I had several (won't say many) people asking if I wanted to sell my wheels. I know it's only been one day since I listed them, but what happened to the people who were swooping in first thing?

suppose it's because I'm not giving them away?

As for me, last week I didn't think it was necessary to sell my wheels. Now, unfortunately, they ARE for sale. You don't say (here) if you wanted 14" or 15". Mine are 15", and 7" WILL fit on a 67-69 with the proper offset.

And from the woe is me department.....when I put the Sedan up for sale I had several (won't say many) people asking if I wanted to sell my wheels. I know it's only been one day since I listed them, but what happened to the people who were swooping in first thing?

I love those wheels and would do it in a heartbeat but I'm going to Hawaii (her idea!) instead of a lot of other things I'd like to do with my money, like finish my car!

Not to be offensive but this sounds like a "I am not being catered to" post. Those people really looking for items here should peruse the "for sale" section as well as posting in the "wanted" section and vice versa for those selling. Being successful in selling and buying items really depends on an individual's proactiveness.

I got to agree with GTX here. Its just as easy for you to look at the for sale section as it is for them to look at the wanted section.

I love though's wheels but i don't have anything with the right bolt pattern anymore .

I love those wheels and would do it in a heartbeat but I'm going to Hawaii (her idea!) instead of a lot of other things I'd like to do with my money, like finish my car!

Wish I was going! Have fun and remember....if Mama ain't happy....NOBODY is happy

I can tell you that I have responded to some of the wanted ads with the parts and a price and never heard form those people. I have to side with 68 Sedan, some people are looking for something for nothing.

I have to pay for my parts cars, unfortunately there are no free/cheap parts cars in CA but then again they aren't rusty ones either. The days of cars sitting in every back yard are gone along with Disco and cheap gas.

The problem with A-body cars is the most desired options were only found on 10% or less of the cars made and that is why they cost a bit more. And some of the regular parts are just getting harder to find in useable condition.

If you want bucket seats, 8 3/4 rears, disc brake setups or any other unusual piece then be prepared to pony up. I've seen some pretty nice rides in this group and I doubt they were built for $500.

JB

Very good comments. I have tried selling things here and found the same thing. People dont want to spend any money and then get rubbed wrong when you link where it is now for sale. I have had to pay good money for what I have aquired and will not give away what I am selling. I will just keep it or crush it if I cant get a fair price.

Hey like I said, I'm sorry to go off. And I'M NOT LOOKING FOR POOR ME. I think I have a right to speak what's on mind, This is AMERICA isn't it.
So everybody can just chill all right?

I stopped responding to wanted ads. Most of those who put those ads up seem to be fishing or are picture collectors. Total waste of time. Same with people that respond to my ads. I just don't get it. I guess at swap meeting you can look them in the eye and know if they are serious.

Works both ways... you make your post thinking that the seller will look through that part of the forum... and then the seller makes a post in that part of the forum expecting people to come look at the ads there.

Honestly, I think wanted forums are a waste... if someone wants something, shouldnt they go look to see if anybody is selling it? No different then searching for something on ebay or on a parts site... just gotta searh the for sale forum.

No offense to you of course... but they probably just didnt look there.

I read the parts wanted ads every couple of day's and have sold plenty thru there,seen ads in the for sale section where three people wanted a part but only one to go around.......pm people if you have it...try not to step on toe's the wanted and for sale sections are very good for this hobbie,some people's ettiquette could stand some work but to each his own.

I read the parts wanted ads every couple of day's and have sold plenty thru there,seen ads in the for sale section where three people wanted a part but only one to go around.......pm people if you have it...try not to step on toe's the wanted and for sale sections are very good for this hobbie,some people's ettiquette could stand some work but to each his own.

Agreed... I have seen some interesting comments and conversations pop up in there... some that have been uncalled for, lol.

What it boils down to is for those you are upset with the process (whether it be buying or selling) to either grow a thicker skin or exit the process (don't list anything for sale or place wanted ads). We have all had our time wasted whether it be here or Craigslist or eBay. If you haven't figured it out yet that none of them are perfect buying/selling venues (and that there are tons of time-wasting looky-loos and quasi-dishonest people out there), then allow me to send you a dozen roses for you to smell and ... wake up! And, due to the economy, we all know people are not parting with their money as easy as they once did. They/we are skiddish. And sellers, well, some not all are bending truths and descriptions because they need money (again, just like the rest of us). As a seller (and a buyer to some extent), you have to question your integrity and principles and if you want to compromise them when times are hard. {Rant mode off. I knew I shouldn't have had coffee this late.}

I've contacted many people with ads in the parts wanted forum. About 10% respond and I work out a deal with maybe 25% of those that do. Whatever, it works. It's faster for me to just list the parts I have for sale rather than spend the time searching out the one *** for the seat.

I can top that. I walked in the local convience store the other day and noticed new signs on the front of the counter.
One reads " Found, black lab pup" and the other reads "Lost, black lab pup"
LOL

You two crack me up (redfish & gts340)

I have read this thread with some interest. I am just now offering up a few cars to the FABO membership recently for the first time. I am a ex-customer service person (currently unemployed), and I am using the parts wanted section as a daily "Hot" sheet that I discuss with the guy that ownes the parts to see if he can fill.
I have been trying to help him, FABO, and me to trade off csr work for my parts that I need.

I use both the parts for sale & parts wanted sections.

Now for a few realizations sense I posted parts for sale. I had an overwhelming responce at first. When everyone saw my photo qualities they requested more & more pics and prices untill I scared everyone off with the pics. (so good showed true quality) Then if I heard anything at all no one bought. Sold very little and what was sold was a total pain in the behind due to the membership wrestleing and wrangling the "deals" trying to get everything for almost nothing and some I think were expecting good natured gimmies!
We are going to keep trying on 2 more cars soon, here on FABO, but if it's as bad as the last 2 were, we'll just post them on EBAY. Alot less arguing prices and only 1 picture per part involved!!

Still I guess what I'm driving at is persistance. If you really need to sell or buy a very needed part you should try to use all tools available to you.

If you are selling try to understand the person that wants your part seems very desperate and probibly is! Try a little understanding/handholding and try to help. If it gets too nasty with above & beyond demands just back out of the deal and tell them to keep looking. Better that than hateing and trashing each other.

If you're buying, CALM DOWN!!! Just because you found the part finally doesn't mean it's manifest destiny that it's your part no matter what. You have to deal honestly and not try to chip away or change the normal operating prices and procedures of the seller. You may drive them crazy to the point of not getting YOUR part! (been there done that)

A little understanding on both sides goes a long way!!

Also both sides need to remember that alot of the normal face to face dealing is done with body language, that seems to help with mis-communications.

When we make deals only in words on a computer, some things come out short and seem wrong and are quick to hurt feelings. Some extra time should be given in written communications to try to overcome the issue of not having the body laguage involved.

The only reason we didn't respond was due to us not having what you wanted at the time. We also wouldn't have the time to run down the whole sheet AND respond to all the parts wanted ads just to tell them we didn't have something!
Also try to keep in mind some are not too anxious to ship big or overweight parts. 4-6 wheels has local pick-up written all over it, hood emblem?, ship it! Maybe the guys that have them know they are too far away.?

My $.02 & observations from a fresh set of selling eyes! Even only after 2 weeks of sales there are already members on a list here that I would never sell another part to again! It just wasn't worth the stress!!!

Good Luck with your part search, and I will still keep checking the parts wanted section for you!!:cheers:

I think some patience, integrity and regular communication go a long ways.

I have been cleaning out my collection of pieces on Craigslist and it has definately gotten my skin thickened. I expect to take 40 pictures and spend a half hour sending them only to hear nothing.

I would consider myself a reasonably patient and considerate seller and have had basically no issues ever. Lots of pics, willing to wait and understand go a long ways.

You can give too much information with pics, but it has caused me to have no issues as far as misrepresentation.

Most of these issues that have been mentioned are symptomatic of our culture at large anymore. People have changed.......

ROB

Most of these issues that have been mentioned are symptomatic of our culture at large anymore. People have changed.......

ROB

You got that right jeeper. This country was built on the barter system and working with each other to accomplish things. Not so much anymore.

-
Back