A Longtime FABO Member Has Passed Away

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
I am devastated to learn tonight of the passing of a very dear friend on Wednesday, my old next door neighbor Russ Pennell. Known here on FABO as "DoubleM," he owned and operated Stick Shift Transmissions in San Bernardino, California for many years and was well known in the California race car industry.

Lots of memories are going through my head right now. My favorite: Mere moments after the arrival of my beloved Cuda at my new house on Newbury Avenue in 1996, Russ literally came running across my yard from the house next door with a huge smile on his face. Almost jumping up and down, he pointed at my car on the rollback and said "I used to have one of THOSE!!!! Is that a '68?" And we were fast friends from that moment forward.

My thoughts and prayers are with his wife Pam, his daughter Rachel, and son Eryn Pennell. (Eryn is a class act in his own right too. The last I heard, he was doing very well and building motors for one of the Pendragons.)

Rest in Peace my friend. You were an important part of my life for over two decades, gave me some of the best car advice I've ever gotten, hooked me up with some cool stuff and amazing memories, were an honored customer years after I moved away, and will be very sorely missed. This truly sucks.

Prayers for familia sent,Leanna... Rest, in God's hands....

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Leanna. I will add his family and you to our prayer list.

My prayers are with his family and friends this day, to offer peace and comfort in your hearts! RIP Russ!!!

I am devastated to learn tonight of the passing of a very dear friend on Wednesday, my old next door neighbor Russ Pennell. Known here on FABO as "DoubleM," he owned and operated Stick Shift Transmissions in San Bernardino, California for many years and was well known in the California race car industry.

Lots of memories are going through my head right now. My favorite: Mere moments after the arrival of my beloved Cuda at my new house on Newbury Avenue in 1996, Russ literally came running across my yard from the house next door with a huge smile on his face. Almost jumping up and down, he pointed at my car on the rollback and said "I used to have one of THOSE!!!! Is that a '68?" And we were fast friends from that moment forward.

My thoughts and prayers are with his wife Pam, his daughter Rachel, and son Eryn Pennell. (Eryn is a class act in his own right too. The last I heard, he was doing very well and building motors for one of the Pendragons.)

Rest in Peace my friend. You were an important part of my life for over two decades, gave me some of the best car advice I've ever gotten, hooked me up with some cool stuff and amazing memories, were an honored customer years after I moved away, and will be very sorely missed. This truly sucks.
So sad to read. Sorry for the loss of a dear friend. They say you can't choose family but you can choose friends. You chose well.
Dan

Leanna, So sorry to hear about your friend Russ. He's been added to our FABO Legendary Member's group.

Condolences to you & his family :(

Thanks for that C. He was indeed legendary.
The service is scheduled for Monday between 4-8 in San Bernardino at the Edgehill Club on Mountain View Avenue. I can't go -- wish I could -- so I've ordered flowers.
It still hasn't sunk in ... he was too young.

Russ was a really good guy and could talk your ear off. I spent some time on the phone with him over the last year or two. Good guy and passionate about his car, family and friends. RIP Russ

Sad to hear, he sounded like a really good guy, however,i didn't know him.
R.I.P. Russ, prayers sent to your family and friends.

-
Back