A perfect match!

-
probably not going to be very street friendly
depends on what you call street friendly. my 580" has the same cam and 13.1 cr. I have driven it on the street for years. it idles better and drives better than any of my 500" motors.....

I would never run that stuff in a street car. you cant let it sit.......
depends how often you drive it, if it sits for months at a time its a no go, if you go through a tank every few weeks (which with that beast i dont think youd worry about not using enough gas lol) i wouldnt worry about it. i've ran it in my daily pickup truck, 2 years no issues, once again tho, a true daily driver

depends how often you drive it, if it sits for months at a time its a no go, if you go through a tank every few weeks (which with that beast i dont think youd worry about not using enough gas lol) i wouldnt worry about it. i've ran it in my daily pickup truck, 2 years no issues, once again tho, a true daily driver
I tend not to drive them for months in the winter time. Also with five of them and having to rotate them, they just don't get driven much. I would be uncomfortable letting the alcohol set in the fuel system.....

probably not going to be very street friendly
I don't know why you would say/think that!!!

I tend not to drive them for months in the winter time. Also with five of them and having to rotate them, they just don't get driven much. I would be uncomfortable letting the alcohol set in the fuel system.....
Electric fuel pump?
That's an easy way to empty the tank. I empty mine out ever mate fall and use the fuel in the truck. There is never a lot left over he he he he!

I'm able to get a 275 60 r15 under there now. I think I might be able to get at 305 or 315. I'm hoping the lighter weight will help also. I'm going to use an AAR fiberglass Hood with the superstock scoop on it. Like the ones the super stock cars came with.

It's not a pump gas motor, race gas it has 14:1 compression.....

I'm running Nitto Drag Radials on my '68. Once warm, they hook up hard, but that's will only 510hp. I run them year round out here, but they are not recommended for freezing temps as they may suddenly fail. Best tires I ever had out back.

I have a set of slapper bars on there that made a huge improvement in how hard it launches. I painted them satin black to hide them. You know, because they don't work on Mopars, SMH.

I was running 12.25 to 1 compression in my 493" RB motor for the last 7 years. Even with a local 24/7 gas station that had 101 octane unleaded at the pump, it got old not being able to get fuel out on the road anywhere else. It just meant I didn't get to enjoy my hard earned hotrod as much. That's going to change as a result of some valvetrain instability issues I had that warranted a tear down. I just got my new 10.25 to 1 reverse dome pistons yesterday afternoon. Looking forward to putting more mile on the car soon.

Jbc426 "I have a set of slapper bars on there that made a huge improvement in how hard it launches. I painted them satin black to hide them. You know, because they don't work on Mopars, SMH."

SMH?
Most Mopar guys as you know run the pinion snubber instead of stressing the leafs and there mounting points.
Bottom line, what ever works for you... errrrr, the car.

Jbc426 "I have a set of slapper bars on there that made a huge improvement in how hard it launches. I painted them satin black to hide them. You know, because they don't work on Mopars, SMH."

SMH?
Most Mopar guys as you know run the pinion snubber instead of stressing the leafs and there mounting points.
Bottom line, what ever works for you... errrrr, the car.
Getting closer!!! Look at all that room on the driver side! Pass side isn't to bad either. The main reason I went with a Hemi Denny front suspension....

KIMG0392.jpg

KIMG0393.jpg

KIMG0395.jpg

The trans gonna hold up? Thought that was only rated for 700ft ponds of tq. You got that beat by quite a bit. Lol

very nice, I want to see pics of the header clearance in the engine bay !
Will do Bob. I'm getting some custom headers made for it. On the driver side I have more room than any of my B or E bodies have. The passenger side is not bad either. It has a Hemi Denny coil over suspension, that frees up a ton of room. Also the Indy Max block uses the Hemi motor mounts that are real low and out of the way....

Will do Bob. I'm getting some custom headers made for it. On the driver side I have more room than any of my B or E bodies have. The passenger side is not bad either. It has a Hemi Denny coil over suspension, that frees up a ton of room. Also the Indy Max block uses the Hemi motor mounts that are real low and out of the way....
I have an aftermarket front end, w/ a motor plate. raised port heads, and everything is tite, it all clears, but nothing extra. urs looks liker it will be tite on the pass side. Also looks like u have more firewall clearance than I do. How u gonna hook that sucker to the ground ?? LOL

I have an aftermarket front end, w/ a motor plate. raised port heads, and everything is tite, it all clears, but nothing extra. urs looks liker it will be tite on the pass side. Also looks like u have more firewall clearance than I do. How u gonna hook that sucker to the ground ?? LOL
Getting even closer now. Cars at the exhaust shop getting some custom stainless exhaust made. 2 1/8 to 2 1/4" primary tubes. 3 1/2"collector's. 3 1/2"to some Dynomax ultraflows. Then 3 1/2" all the way out to the back.
The tight passenger side is almost done. Look at all that spark plug room! I will have better access to the plugs with this car, then any of my E body or B-body cars....

KIMG0433.jpg

KIMG0431.jpg

Getting even closer now. Cars at the exhaust shop getting some custom stainless exhaust made. 2 1/8 to 2 1/4" primary tubes. 3 1/2"collector's. 3 1/2"to some Dynomax ultraflows. Then 3 1/2" all the way out to the back.
The tight passenger side is almost done. Look at all that spark plug room! I will have better access to the plugs with this car, then any of my E body or B-body cars....

View attachment 1715042561

View attachment 1715042562
wow ! still want to know how ur gonna hook it up ! very nice car !

View attachment 1715042561

View attachment 1715042562
ask him what a duplicate set woud run,looks like way easier to change plugs than my tti`s in my 68 fastback !

KIMG0567.jpg
Exhaust is all done. new dennysdriveshaft is in. All I need now is an aluminum radiator, and Plumb up my power steering pump. About another hours worth of work and I should be able to drive it!

KIMG0566.jpg

KIMG0565.jpg

what a hot rod!...

Takes time, $$$, and patience ....with this beast, well worth your efforts

-
Back