A tale of two Dusters

-
just a note... ALWAYS!!! make sure that your lug-nuts are properly torqued down! mine were coming loose on me!

Do you retorque the wheels at all after a couple weeks of driving?

OHHH! I forgot to mention I got the Aluminum I needed for the new Core support for My green duster. And I picked up some 17 mustang bullet wheels!!! YAYYYY!

After I got the brakes done I have been bedding them and and just doing simple stuff. I changed my oil. I also Got my new wheels friday! Really nice! Now I just need to track down some tires. I also cleaned it up and took some new pictures too!
Here you go! Enjoy!

Looks pretty sweet from this angle!
FUSIONDOORS006.jpg

Unfortunately due to lighting conditions this was the only place I could put it and I lost detail on the roof because of the house.
FUSIONDOORS007.jpg

The back...
FUSIONDOORS008.jpg

Another...
FUSIONDOORS005.jpg

Here goes the official announcement!

My and an Aerospace engineer friend of mine are working on the design for my new front suspension!!! for the green one that is. I should be able to turn corners a lot quicker and get my stance just right! as well as fit bigger tires and everything! No downsides!

So that is it. Now you know.

Thanks again for looking everyone!

Here goes the official announcement!

My and an Aerospace engineer friend of mine are working on the design for my new front suspension!!! for the green one that is. I should be able to turn corners a lot quicker and get my stance just right! as well as fit bigger tires and everything! No downsides!

So that is it. Now you know.

Thanks again for looking everyone!

Sounds like a pro touring type of suspension. Any details?

Sounds like a pro touring type of suspension. Any details?

VERY Pro-touring. The only solid details that I can give you right now it that I should have no problem hanging with corvettes and such on the road course and that it will have torsion bars. Although I can drop the hints that I may have figured out a way to adjust spring-rate without changing any parts, It will probably use mopar spindles and that I'm working on a three-link for the rear to keep up. is that enough? :toothy10:

Quick update.. I was switching the tires from one side to the other last night (negative camber was getting to them so I re-aligned it too) and the beads on the tires chunked an ripped.. So It is not out of commission until I get new tires. Hopefully today. Also I added a better seat belt on drivers seat. Safety first!

Mini update- I now have it "Sorta rolling" or in limp mode. It will work until I can get new tires Monday.

Also we are making pretty good progress with the suspension design... Working out the steering and modifying the track for better cornering.

Thanks All for looking!

VERY Pro-touring. The only solid details that I can give you right now it that I should have no problem hanging with corvettes and such on the road course and that it will have torsion bars. Although I can drop the hints that I may have figured out a way to adjust spring-rate without changing any parts, It will probably use mopar spindles and that I'm working on a three-link for the rear to keep up. is that enough? :toothy10:

No it's not ya freakin tease lol!! It sounds more like the approach I would like. I like my torsion bars,lol.

Im rethinking my drag race approach to my Dart right now. It doesnt seem very practical for where I live as we have very curvy and twisted highways/roads. I think the surveyors were paaaing the jug when they built the roads out here,lol. This town where I live has roads and moutainous regions very similar to Italy. I'll still keep my lightweight thinking and can still use the stage vi heads massive flow while being a touring /handing hotrod. Turbocharging it would be fun....

I believe I 'll get a lot more driving joy from my Dart if it handles great!

No it's not ya freakin tease lol!! It sounds more like the approach I would like. I like my torsion bars,lol.

Im rethinking my drag race approach to my Dart right now. It doesnt seem very practical for where I live as we have very curvy and twisted highways/roads. I think the surveyors were paaaing the jug when they built the roads out here,lol. This town where I live has roads and moutainous regions very similar to Italy. I'll still keep my lightweight thinking and can still use the stage vi heads massive flow while being a touring /handing hotrod. Turbocharging it would be fun....

I believe I 'll get a lot more driving joy from my Dart if it handles great!

HAHA! Ok.. I'll tell you more soon... But I will say that the stock geometry was pretty impressive by itself..

In case I hadn't told everyone this.. I don't like coil springs.. I agree with the quote "when the perfect coil spring is invented it will be a torsion bar".

Update!

I was having serious fuel problems that would totally kill the engine while going uphill or under load. So I dropped the tank fixed the pick-up, cleaned the tank while I had it out, changed the fuel filter and fixed the clogged vent. I'm getting ready to test drive it to make sure everything is right.

Also Looking for a new commuter car because I can't afford to drive this one all the time. Broke college students have it hard! haha!

Thanks again for looking!

Hey everyone... We have been slowly making progress on my suspension design, but haven't had time for much else because school is keeping me pretty busy... It ends in three weeks though so I should have more time. Here is my new project/commuter car I picked up over the weekend. '87 Mitsubishi Starion GSI-R, 5-speed, already has a lot of nice mods(coilovers, new turbo, etc.) I think I'm going to like it.. Had to change the front timing cover gasket (PITB!!!!!) and Will register and insure it Tuesday. I'm going to build it for the Grassroots motorsports $2010 challenge.

4-09-10006.jpg

4-09-10007.jpg

Thats not a bad looking little unit! I've never seen one before but The U.S car market has some models we just dont get in Canada.

Keep plugging away on the suspension design.! Im waiting..:poke:

Thats not a bad looking little unit! I've never seen one before but The U.S car market has some models we just dont get in Canada.

Keep plugging away on the suspension design.! Im waiting..:poke:

They are the same as a Chrysler Conquest TSI but I don't know if you got them either.

I should have some charts and stuff to post soon on the suspension. :read2:

In case you are wondering Why I would get a car like a Starion when I am really a muscle car fan... here is a spec list of some of the stuff that was done to the car when I got it, and it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up!

Rebuilt bottom end, new(er) steering box, new (better) head w/new valves and ported and polished, new (ported)exhaust manifold, ported and polished intake and throttle body, used 16g turbo, Tokico shocks and Ground Control adjustable coil overs w/ eibac springs, new clutch kit with extra plate, extra roller rocker set and another adjustable rocker kit, clutch master and slave cylinders, brake master-cylinder, new alternator, Turbo XS BOV and a better Greddy one, new tires, re-built cv-axles, two aftermarket fans, new(er) ceramic brake pads, Bosch super coil, ngk plugs and wires.

So I have a good starting point to work from! :D

Also I finally got a new tire for my daily Duster! What a difference it is to come back to 4 radials after running on three radials and a bias-ply spare!

That is about it for now. Thanks for looking!

Also I finally got a new tire for my daily Duster! What a difference it is to come back to 4 radials after running on three radials and a bias-ply spare!

Lol! That brings back memories. I bought a pair of N5015 MT bias ply slicks and ran em out back with radials on front..

Me and a bud went around the block and brought it right back,lol! Those tires came right off...

"Also I finally got a new tire for my daily Duster! What a difference it is to come back to 4 radials after running on three radials and a bias-ply spare! "

Lol! That brings back memories. I bought a pair of N5015 MT bias ply slicks and ran em out back with radials on front..

Me and a bud went around the block and brought it right back,lol! Those tires came right off...

yes... mine was on the front so it would follow every road contour and go nuts with ever little bump. Also it was a little taller then the others so I had the ride heights different so it reacted differently to left and right turns...

on a side note... I'm trying to get some more info on the suspension for you but we have both been insanely busy. Me with finals coming up and he is buying a new house. But we are still working on it so stay tuned for more updates.

Thanks again for looking!

Hey no big rush. I will happily await your results if it means the planning phase is not rushed!

My project isnt going anywhere,lol. Even if I end up in a wheel chair.

Hey no big rush. I will happily await your results if it means the planning phase is not rushed!

My project isnt going anywhere,lol. Even if I end up in a wheel chair.

Oh don't worry... I don't rush stuff. I like doing stuff right... I just meant some of the analysis charts and stuff so you could sorta see the direction I'm going.

Sounds cool! I like the flexibility of a stock config but with definite improvements in the handling!

Not really any new updates right now.. End of the semester and finals are wiping me out. And I'm looking for a summer job too. Preferably engineering/Design/cars... If anyone knows of any.

the good news is that I only have one more week of classes!!! Then I can get to work on fun stuff!

I should have a better update than that soon.

Thanks again for looking.

-
Back