@*$*!#/*! A Tech

-
Well, as I see it, this is the world of high performance parts. I keep being told that the aluminum block for the 572 wedge is a month away, month after month. So I figure I can get pissed and have a stroke or heart attack or do something else while I wait for the block.

Crap, I haven't got this other customers heads done. I think I'll blame my son because he's off in the mountains taking pictures of elk in the new snow.

Where is that damn blood pressure medicine?

Delivery times for all the stuff we sell is 'subject to prior sale' at the manufacturer... meaning that we don't know if we get one off the shelf until we order it. If someone else sends in a purchase order 10 minutes ahead of us and takes the last one, then we wait. So sometimes we get stuck in the position of getting a customer order and then not being able to fill it promptly; we try to take care of that by saying '1-4 weeks typical for delivery'... but sometimes we get screwed because competitors are not so ethical. How to handle this is a hard call to make; I prefer to be upfront about it.

And the idea that if it is offered it should be there all the time and every time is quite naive in terms of manufacturing and general product management. It is someone's job to set production quotas to insure items don't get over-produced, and sometimes it ends up in shortages that take time to fill. And filing the warehouses with a new product is always a challenge; every distributor wants them all just in case the demand goes wild!

All that does not change the frustration for BD with the sucky timing, however. I'm sure sympathetic.... but can't do anything to help except say that it sounds like it will be a good piece, based on others comments.

While restoring my duster the biggest problem was waiting on people to do or ship parts.They are really nice till they get your money.Do'nt feel bad i paid 1600 dollars to have my rally dash
restored.Now the fuel and temp guages stopped working and i have to take the friggin cluster back out and send it back.And its a ***** to take out.I am not getting compensated for my
time and labor.Oh my favorite phrase they use ,your to picky,did'nt know you wanted it perfect

Just last night I got an email from Musicians Friend that said one of the guitars I
ordered last week would be on B.O. until February. I had already paid them with
PayPal.

I told them I would rather not wait and by the time I got off of the phone and checked
my email a full refund was already in my PayPal account.

Now, that does not help if I really needed that guitar NOW but they don't have my
money either and were totally pleasant to deal with.

While restoring my duster the biggest problem was waiting on people to do or ship parts.They are really nice till they get your money.Do'nt feel bad i paid 1600 dollars to have my rally dash
restored.Now the fuel and temp guages stopped working and i have to take the friggin cluster back out and send it back.And its a ***** to take out.I am not getting compensated for my
time and labor.Oh my favorite phrase they use ,your to picky,did'nt know you wanted it perfect

Now THAT is a reason to be pissed! Drop cash like that and have something on the manufacturer's end be messed up and cause me a ton of extra work I'd be getting something from them.

I don't know if I can.........I'm waiting on the crank to be turned and the rotating assembly to be balanced.........this could lead to the "big one" coming on..........nine-one-one, nine-one-one

If you wouldn't mind, could you finish your Trick Flow build first and post the results.

I finished my Trick Flow build. Ran a dozen dyno pulls and the engine is ready to go out the door. Maybe I should sell the engine complete since people are having problems getting the heads?

Attachments

• DSC_9179 (Large).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 205
I finished my Trick Flow build. Ran a dozen dyno pulls and the engine is ready to go out the door.
I read that (and thanks!).

I'll read as many glowing reviews about these heads as I can get my eyes on!

Recently had some slicks on order direct from m&h. They couldn't get them to me as promised so they gave me 10% discount. Thats good business sense.

Nevermind. Not worth it.

Thank you drive through.

Well, as I see it, this is the world of high performance parts. I keep being told that the aluminum block for the 572 wedge is a month away, month after month. So I figure I can get pissed and have a stroke or heart attack or do something else while I wait for the block.

Crap, I haven't got this other customers heads done. I think I'll blame my son because he's off in the mountains taking pictures of elk in the new snow.

Where is that damn blood pressure medicine?

Long as it's not yellow snow.

they did charge me!I was just fixen to get my money back when they said Christmas eve.Sure enough they came in earlier than expected,so they redeemed themselves.I waited and they even extended it but came thru

Told you! Now the push rods I've been waiting on from Mancini for over a month after they shipped me the wrong rods in the right box...thats another story.

Told you! Now the push rods I've been waiting on from Mancini for over a month after they shipped me the wrong rods in the right box...thats another story.

Welcome to trying to build a car.... :violent1:

There's always something to go wrong.... :banghead:

If nothing goes wrong, something's wrong.... #-o

Welcome to trying to build a car.... :violent1:

There's always something to go wrong.... :banghead:

If nothing goes wrong, something's wrong.... #-o

Yep first motor build for me so its been a fun and stressful process. Learned the hard way these TrickFlow heads take different rocker hold down bolts....just something else to deal with.

-
Back