A855 - 5 Speed

-
¡Hola gente! Leí la nota completa, ya que quería poner una de estas cajas A-855, y a fines de 2019 Jamie Passon me dijo que me inscribiría en la lista de espera, pero después de ver la mala experiencia de Matton comencé a Dudo al respecto ... y como muchos aquí, no quise cortar el puente de transmisión ni el túnel para instalar un TKO 600 ... así que seguir esperando en mi caso entonces, y ver bien que me será conveniente para instalar en mi Mopar, ¡gracias Matton por compartir tu experiencia!

and from Argentina it would be very difficult for me to claim any problem ...

I had a friend of mine translate this for me.
8D634A0E-F271-4033-BEB1-7D59335CF2F8.png

mil disculpas ... pensé que lo había publicado en inglés ... ¡disculpe!

Well, i have a A855 since 2017, works nice, not a bad product. If i would make public every problem with hotrodding parts, i would have my own forum fulfilled. I really appreciated peoples who make an effort to improve the ride on Mopar drivetrain; some are not happy but many others are.

Well, i have a A855 since 2017, works nice, not a bad product. If i would make public every problem with hotrodding parts, i would have my own forum fulfilled. I really appreciated peoples who make an effort to improve the ride on Mopar drivetrain; some are not happy but many others are.
You mean to tell us if you would have went through this you wouldn't be warning others?

It's true that Jeffrey Dahmer ate several young men. But there are even more young men he didn't eat, too, so who's to say that he was really that bad?

sounds like you are a lucky one, though "works nice" and "isn't a bad product" isn't exactly and glowing endorsement...lol..

I don't think we should be dissapointed that some people are hapy with them ....

sounds like you are a lucky one, though "works nice" and "isn't a bad product" isn't exactly and glowing endorsement...lol..

I think that lost something in translation .

I don't think we should be dissapointed that some people are hapy with them ....

I also think just because person a has had success with a product doesn't negate the issues person b has had with the same product. The OP obviously wasn't just posting this to complain, he had a hell of a time with Passion and this transmission. I don't blame him for posting this and warning others, and I just don't get the people who come on here and act like he's making it up or that he's being dramatic about it.

1) i think if he is happy then cool for him. i'm no where near disappointed that he is happy.
2) nothing lost in translation there. no way around it. that is not great feedback from a customer. not the type of language i'd want doing a review for me..:)

I also think just because person a has had success with a product doesn't negate the issues person b has had with the same product. The OP obviously wasn't just posting this to complain, he had a hell of a time with Passion and this transmission. I don't blame him for posting this and warning others, and I just don't get the people who come on here and act like he's making it up or that he's being dramatic about it.

And just because someone didn’t have success with a product mean that all are bad. The fact is that the vast majority of people who use a product without an issue never say a word. The ones with an issue do.

The only way to know for sure what’s happening is to see how many units sold and how many warranty claims there are, wan what they were.

No one said anyone is making anything up. The guy had an issue. Another guy says he didn’t and you’re gnawing a new hole in his ***. Can both be true? Certainly. And like me, you don’t have near enough information to determine if the Passon box is junk or not.

Would I buy one??? Hell yes, if I was younger and wanted to invest that money in a 5 speed that isn’t geared for what I want and as far as I know doesn’t have any gear sets to remedy that. I looked at them HARD when they first came out. Until he fixes the gear ratio issue, I’ll pass. Or, offers an option to make 5th direct and puts enough first gear in it to make a car actually move.

But I’m not afraid the box won’t work.

And just because someone didn’t have success with a product mean that all are bad. The fact is that the vast majority of people who use a product without an issue never say a word. The ones with an issue do.

The only way to know for sure what’s happening is to see how many units sold and how many warranty claims there are, wan what they were.

No one said anyone is making anything up. The guy had an issue. Another guy says he didn’t and you’re gnawing a new hole in his ***. Can both be true? Certainly. And like me, you don’t have near enough information to determine if the Passon box is junk or not.

Would I buy one??? Hell yes, if I was younger and wanted to invest that money in a 5 speed that isn’t geared for what I want and as far as I know doesn’t have any gear sets to remedy that. I looked at them HARD when they first came out. Until he fixes the gear ratio issue, I’ll pass. Or, offers an option to make 5th direct and puts enough first gear in it to make a car actually move.

But I’m not afraid the box won’t work.
Did you read the whole thread? It's not the poster that posted today that I was referring to, there were several others that called the OP a liar, and I apologize if it came off that I was referring to poster I quoted or the other that posted first today. Please quote the post where I called the transmission junk. All I have ever said is the OP dealt with a lot of crap and that is very clear, and based off that I would never buy one of these units.

Last edited:
I believe the OP had issues .
I was just pointing out that Soucerer was happywith his and that is great .
Also that he is from Quebec so most likely speaks French Canadien and the translation comes out a bit different.

I write, speak and read english language since 1979; i just mentionned that my purchase for a transmission was done once Jamie called and told me to pick it up at his place, which i did. I was on the list since 2013 so 4 years waiting time. He called me in the summer of 2017 if i still want it, for sure i replied so 6 weeks later, deal was completed. And i'm proud of it. My point here is to mention the transmission does work and the more i used it, the better it goes. I believe some had problems, no surprise for a new products. I bought many aftermarkets parts over the years so i did have my share of difficulties with defective pieces; eventually fixing or replacing once agreements was set. Not always easy though.

Did you read the whole thread? It's not the poster that posted today that I was referring to, there were several others that called the OP a liar, and I apologize if it came off that I was referring to poster I quoted or the other that posted first today. Please quote the post where I called the transmission junk. All I have ever said is the OP dealt with a lot of crap and that is very clear, and based off that I would never buy one of these units.

I did read the entire thread. Yes, the OP had issues. Yes, he got screwed. Does that mean no one should buy one? Is every box bad?? That’s what I’m saying.

This thread goes on like a good box was never built. I’m betting there are more good boxes than bad box’s out there.

It's true that Jeffrey Dahmer ate several young men. But there are even more young men he didn't eat, too, so who's to say that he was really that bad?
This is an extremely strange way to make your point.

I did read the entire thread. Yes, the OP had issues. Yes, he got screwed. Does that mean no one should buy one? Is every box bad?? That’s what I’m saying.

This thread goes on like a good box was never built. I’m betting there are more good boxes than bad box’s out there.
I understand and I certainly agree with you. There are people who will buy them, and I hope they have great success with them. I've heard two or three people that had issues and two or three that didn't, so it seems 50/50 to me on if they're good or bad (or at least the chances of getting one without issue). What gets me is the customer service aspect. I grew up in a small business, and I understand how precious that reputation is to maintain. If the service/goods provider made an error, they need to make it right. The money lost on that deal won't be anything compared to what you'll lose on the back end if you don't. I also know there are people out there that no matter what you do will never be satisfied and will always have a gripe. I don't think any customers on this thread are those people.

I understand and I certainly agree with you. There are people who will buy them, and I hope they have great success with them. I've heard two or three people that had issues and two or three that didn't, so it seems 50/50 to me on if they're good or bad (or at least the chances of getting one without issue). What gets me is the customer service aspect. I grew up in a small business, and I understand how precious that reputation is to maintain. If the service/goods provider made an error, they need to make it right. The money lost on that deal won't be anything compared to what you'll lose on the back end if you don't. I also know there are people out there that no matter what you do will never be satisfied and will always have a gripe. I don't think any customers on this thread are those people.

I agree. The absolute worst part of the whole deal was how the OP was treated. That was wrong. And indefensible.

"It's true that Jeffrey Dahmer ate several young men. But there are even more young men he didn't eat, too, so who's to say that he was really that bad?"

"This is an extremely strange way to make your point".

Unfortunately, I find it necessary, at times, to use extreme examples when the more subtle and obvious examples seem to have no effect. That's because really, I shouldn't have to make any point...every human alive over the age of 12 should understand that there are many aspects of life where batting .900 is still an abject failure.

It's the new retarded math that seems to be getting applied throughout the world. So what if I ran someone over in my car? That was only 1 mile....I've driven thousands of miles and hit no one...so as far as I'm concerned, I'm still a damn good driver and anyone I ran over has no right to complain.

I'll chime in again.
My B-Body 855 is GREAT. A little noise in the lower gears (1, 2) which I expected given it's "conservative" 700 Ft Lb continuous torque handling claim. I intend to test that with a 541 cu in Bill Mitchell Products aluminum RB block.
Behind my warmed over 440 6bbl, on the street, highway, or quarter mile it performs like a champ.
I'm glad I didn't experience what the OP did.

It's true that there's probably more good than bad boxes. But it's tough to justify the time and expense when the manufacturer won't stand behind the product or the customer when a bad one gets shipped. That's indefensible and to me makes every box suspect at best because what happens when it needs a rebuild? The risk of getting hosed gets renewed too...

For what they cost, they should come with a hot 19 YO disease free blonde to wear your willie out when the transmission arrives.

-
Back