ABodyBetty's new baby comes home!!!

-
Here's a comment, "Nobody likes a coward." And obviously you ain't one. Check you out tearing into the guts of that panel.
Finally getting back to you re: subframe connectors, zippo fuel level check.
Yeh, I just meant you only check the fuel level by looking down the filler neck with a lit lighter once. Lame joke attempt.
I live in New England and our native cars generally have 'the rust', hence: http://www.uscartool.com/Aframeconn/index.html makes a great product, that is great for firming up the rust bucket mobile. I even went so far as to put a roll bar in my 67 Cuda ragtop, for safety, but also for structural 'rigility'.

Here's a comment, "Nobody likes a coward." And obviously you ain't one. Check you out tearing into the guts of that panel.
Finally getting back to you re: subframe connectors, zippo fuel level check.
Yeh, I just meant you only check the fuel level by looking down the filler neck with a lit lighter once. Lame joke attempt.
I live in New England and our native cars generally have 'the rust', hence: http://www.uscartool.com/Aframeconn/index.html makes a great product, that is great for firming up the rust bucket mobile. I even went so far as to put a roll bar in my 67 Cuda ragtop, for safety, but also for structural 'rigility'.

It wasn't lame, I laughed, then thought wait a min..... Am I missing something?? So it was a double wammy. The initial yuk, then the yuk on me for being too serious!! HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH!!
Oh sorry........:cheers:

Thanks for the kind words! I needed them!

i like the work your doing, its teaching me alot
Thanks man, REALLY needed that. I was starting to get down on the wiper bushings, no one would hit me back with some help. I figured every one of these MOPAR freaks on here were mad at me cause I cut on 1 little part! LOL!
Sometimes with the weird humor and long winded stories (for entertainment) some people I think don't know how to take me and I probibly scare them off the thread!! Oh well!!!
Today: Wiper bushings replaced! Pics soon.
Also: Front & rear glass removed! Only broke 1 of em.....film at 11!:cheers:

Update: Pretty good day.

To the 2 or 3 members who are enjoying this thread, I will keep it going and try to show as much as possible. For our 2 or 3 loyal fans, if commentary or humor gets to be too much for ya let me know & I'll type less and pic more!!

Finally the fun stuff: UPDATE:
Wiper Rod Bushings Replaced (thanks)
Front & rear windshields out!
GAskets Saved
Front Windshield only casulaty, broke on the last 1' at top pass! Oh well!
Hope we can afford a windshield before winter. Like I told the Yard dawg, it had to come out anyway broken or not! Those windshields had been leaking for some time!
Pics below of todays events!!:toothy10:

The answer to the pic with the question: "Whats wrong with this picture" Someone had replaced worn out & missing bushings with C-spring clips instead! Wiper noise when on: Clank.....Clank.......Clank,shut off, pass side was still half way up sweep. Could push down to trim without drivers side moving!!

75-62.jpg

75-63.jpg

75-64.jpg

75-65.jpg

75-66.jpg

75-67.jpg

75-68.jpg

75-69.jpg

75-70.jpg

75-71.jpg

Todays events:
Clean windshield fence, front & back.
Call White face gauge place & check on order.
Clean gaskets & prep for reinstall.
Fiberglass Body work......
Pics posted this evening!:cheers:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

We'll let the pics talk and not me. I've already scared everyone off from posting to me anymore!
Removing glue (what a pain!) and prepping for glass reinstall
Assembled drivers door, works great!
removed "special Edition" badges, will fill holes
We are going to relocate to just above the rear side markers, about where the side molding used to be!!
Later when your hair gets straighter!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

More pics,
Hang on to your hats guys. This has to be a very fast restore per ABodyBetty!8)

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

The resto is speeding up! Racing the weather!
Todays plans:
Prep & prime roof
Prep & prime front & back windshield fences.
Repair rust holes around windshields.
Shoot Fern green or darker green on roof for base, by today or tomarrow.
White face gauge sticks should be here today.
Also do some fiberglass bodywork in fill in time! Yeah right!8)

23.jpg

One more day of good weather left!
Less talk more walk!
Peep the pics, they are worth a thousand words!
See Ya!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

1 more time!8)
That was today.
White face guage inserts arrived today so.....
Late night or early morn for the Inst. cluster reassembly!:cheers:
We will also be repainting the gauge needles. Flouresent GREEN!!!! Maybe leave the orange tips like a fishing bobber!!
Cool pics to come!!8)

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

Tomarrow is the last day of good weather. I lose my paint booth (driveway) as soon as the weather blows in.
We will prep, wet sand, paint base color, Sherwood green metalic With gold micro seqins mixed in too, on the top only. Then we are going with the tropical theme. We will shoot black fade through tropical leaves & flower stensils. Clear on top of that. All hopefully by 3PM!
It will end up being a mess and you guys can laugh your butts off at me!:cheers:

Main goal is to have the top completely done so we can reinstall glass. Before the weather turns ugly!!:clock:

This isn't a restoration it's a pit/extream detail shop!!:toothy10:

Aren't those chrome window things pretty rare?

Hey 70 Mike,
We used to put em on our vans in the 70's. That way we could "sleep" in em and "vent"! LOL!!
We have a couple or 3 in the yard with them but they aren't in good shape. The ones I hadn't seen before go above the wings! Also have small ones on Fern behind front tire! LOL!! They are like mini mud flairs!! I can't wait to find 2 pairs of them alot bigger at the truck stop or flea market.
Got my eye out for some gold curb feelers. Stainless would be ok too!:happy10:

These will really pop once I get the faces of the gauges white. Especially in that green interior!8)

28.jpg

-
Back