ABodyBetty's new baby comes home!!!

-
Rust Update: (or I think I'm goona be sick)

Black top? What Black Top? Cut It! It's in the way!!!
killtherustkilltherustkilltherust.......
Back glass needs pulled..........& nobody has new gaskets for 4 door, BIG SUPRISE! (Junk Yard again for 4 door extra "safety Net" Gasket!)

Drivers door handle guts replaced, striker post adjusted, works great!
Next: Wiper guts need replacing. This is not going to be pretty. (AC UNIT)
I think its time to lower column and remove inst. panel for reconditioning and different speedo. Have donor, will build a pretty one soon & show pic of process too!

75-36.jpg

75-37.jpg

75-38.jpg

75-39.jpg

Nice collection you have.

Dave

Thanks Dave, Kinda unintentional!!
And they allways need back glass pulled, usually they need tires, fuel sending unit & filter, and for some reason they usually have craked windshields!!
Still can't figure "No Parts for 4 Doors"!!
It's always about the money & numbers!!!
Have a good one Dave!

Thanks Dave, Kinda unintentional!!
And they allways need back glass pulled, usually they need tires, fuel sending unit & filter, and for some reason they usually have craked windshields!!
Still can't figure "No Parts for 4 Doors"!!
At's always about the money & numbers!!!
Have a good one Dave!

I have seen a many clean 4 doors raped of there parts and sent without a thought to the crusher here.Now you hardly see any around

I always liked 4 doors, they are more solid structurally, and they are cheap to fix body wise because usually no one keeps them and just parts them out.
I'd much rather have a 4 door that is rust free than a 2 door that needs everything. And best yet, you can get a good one for 1/3 the cost of a 2 door in the same shape.
(Notice the one in my avitar)
I like the look of them if they are plain jane too.
Good luck with the project guys! :cheers:
Tom.

I have seen a many clean 4 doors raped of there parts and sent without a thought to the crusher here.Now you hardly see any around

Stop it you're killin me!!!
With as many people around who like em, I should keep getting /fixing them for people who have lost their cars too!!
LOL!!8)

I always liked 4 doors, they are more solid structurally, and they are cheap to fix body wise because usually no one keeps them and just parts them out.
I'd much rather have a 4 door that is rust free than a 2 door that needs everything. And best yet, you can get a good one for 1/3 the cost of a 2 door in the same shape.
(Notice the one in my avitar)
I like the look of them if they are plain jane too.
Good luck with the project guys! :cheers:
Tom.
Hey Tom, know what you mean. Anytime we see other "A's" (usually at shows) they are always 2 door. Not too many fixin the 4's. But I'm starting to think there might be a nitch that the market would respond to. Anyone who wants a sport family truckster that shows well and rare! The total #'s sold back in the day looks like less of em sold compaired to conv. & 2 door.
I'm thinking instead of 4 door wave, more like a tsunami!!!!
Yeah Rriiiiiiiiight!:happy10:
Thanks for the kind words. We post people have to stick together!!
Also have noticed the trend continues... yard dawg pulls in more 4 doors than 2 for parting & scrapping!
Good for me?? Yes and no, the more parts I buy the more I have to sell!! Life is a merry go round!
But I sure get my pick of the trim!! LOL!!!
It also seems that the "smaller" front doors are easier on the hinges too!

Good find! I am surprised that no one has responded to your question regarding the badge on the grill. It looks like something off an old Chrysler... I have a question (or 2) for you. When do you find the time to do your pics and daily narration? And work on the car to boot!
I notice Fern has a Plymouth trim piece on the steering wheel. If you plan to change that out at some point, please keep me in mind. I have the same steering wheel and need that trim!
Last, how did Fern get her name?
C

Good find! I am surprised that no one has responded to your question regarding the badge on the grill. It looks like something off an old Chrysler... I have a question (or 2) for you. When do you find the time to do your pics and daily narration? And work on the car to boot!
I notice Fern has a Plymouth trim piece on the steering wheel. If you plan to change that out at some point, please keep me in mind. I have the same steering wheel and need that trim!
C
Hey C,
Some difficulties sometimes rembering to take the camera out to the garage with me and rembering to stop once in a while and get a good pic at a certain step! LOL!!
I find especially in the colder weather, I have a tendancy to take a break on the average of every 2 hours and go in the house for a sit down and coffee or beer. When I sit I'll try to be prepping pics I already dumped off of camera in the AM.
I try to make the my restore thread a little different. I have a weird sense of humor and bore very easy. Just trying to make it a litlle more entertaining and I find the humor I write cheers me up too so I don't get so frustrated all the time doing the actual work on the car. I'm on the computer anyway alot slingin A body parts for a friend of mine, so when I get done with the business side I'll go over to Fern's thread and try to get everyone caught up on days activities!
You'll have to ask ABodyBetty bout the name. We usually brain storm and make a list of names and pick the one that fits the car the most.
Baby (64 avitar car) got her name because she's so sweet, dependable, and rides as smooth a babies behind!!!.......Besides, THAT IS ONE SWEET CAR!!! Makes you WANT to "baby" her! LOL!!
BOF (67 ABB's car "Bride of Frankenstein") Started out as Veronica. At least that's the name on her show poster!!! She turned into "BOF" due to the constant fix, test drive, break down, cycle she has and she was so butchered once we got into her. I still haven't stopped fixing on her. She runs for 4 weeks, down 2, like clock work!! (been doing this now for 11 months) So, "BOF" Mean ***** with attitude made with different parts from cars unknown! She pisses me off so bad most of the time I want to light a highway flair & toss it in and walk away! She's mean, evil, fast, loud, and hates to be passed on the road by any make of car!!
Fern, I think it was the color.
If you find out more about the badge on the grill give me a shout out. I want to hand paint it back to original.
The trim on the stering wheel? I thought that was the old Dodge logo, the 3 panel sail. I klnow is on more plymouths but I have seen on some Darts. Is this not original to Fern? Didn't look like anyone ever washed her let alone change parts!!
Thanks for the shout out! Always love talking about the kids. I did have to say though, even though we have alot of fun with the names, they all have their own personalities and quirks!:-D
Oh hey C, forgot to tell you, it's not to bad finding the time, I only seem to average 3-4 hours sleep a day. (back starts hurtin and wakes me up) + still on layoff from job, gotta keep busy!! Livin'large & Livin the dream! John.....

Good find! I am surprised that no one has responded to your question regarding the badge on the grill. It looks like something off an old Chrysler...
C

Nahhhh....it's a Coat of Arms. And a Royal one too, look at the Crown atop it. No doubt in her deep past Fern has spent some time in England as the personal carriage of the her Royal Highness, Elizabeth, no less. Or mayhaps a stint in Canada during a Royal visit? (I would have used a rolling laughter emoticon here but I cant work out how to insert them)

Todays Update:
Fern has been here less than a week and she's now going around topless!!!!
Hussey!!
Not much time for subtitles today, sorry.
Top off. Check out the orig mopar stamps under the bore top!
No wise cracks about the messy garage. If yours was this small it would look cluttered too!! LOL!!! Will clean up now it's cold out and I'm trapped in here!!

Check out the pics of the fuel neck area. You can really tell the evidence of the "double tap" from the front cave!!
Enjoy the pics. Am heading out to pull inst. cluster & glove box in prep for wiper gutz and gauge cluster restore with donor cluster. Who said 2 bads don't make 1 good!!!!
Have a Happy Day!!! John............8)

75-40.jpg

75-41.jpg

75-42.jpg

75-43.jpg

75-44.jpg

75-45.jpg

75-46.jpg

75-47.jpg

75-48.jpg

75-49.jpg

We've been discussing a "MOD TOP" style paint job on top for winter driving then doing blk vinyl top in spring if w don't like the paint? LOL!!!!
You know, Base green like car, use grandmaws flower doiley from top of dining room table. Stretch & tape to top of car. Shoot bright yellow through the doiley. remove. clear coat with micro diamond seqins over whole top. then clear only!
On second thought, You would have to paint the top, silver base, clear yellow glow, THEN tape down Grannies doilie ( that would result with yellow flowers & green vine like fill) Groovey!!! Peace!!!!8)
Either way it would depend on the fabrics design.

We have also been discussing doing a thing with the base green overall. Then shooting black around palm leaves & other topical looking stensels over roof & hood center & trunk deck center. Foose did one of those schemes & looked pretty good. After that I would follow with a micro gold diamond dust sequins/clear mix 1 coat then 2 clear only. Boy that top'll dance going around a corner in the sun!! Besides, if we get to ever go on vacation again, the racks & surf boards on top would be totally "IN" at the local surf spots! Too old to fight over local surf spots!!!

Let me know your ideas on top & stripes. The whole car needs to be shot at once, but can't do that till spring. Unless anyone close has a booth I can borrow for a couple a days!! I will be shooting panels 1 at a time to seal body work. Unless we get a freak heat wave of 62f!! Recently shot neighbors truck 56f & 97% humid, in the driveway, during on/off showers!!! He was in a hurry for his truck, he has 2, JEEZZZ!!

PS also included the only pic of the fairlane that wasn't bought when we found Fern!!

75blktop.jpg

75goldtop.jpg

ford fairlane.jpg

75grntop.jpg

C

Regarding on how Fern got her name. It was partly due to her color. But I had just got through wathcing the movie Jawbreaker. In the movie Fern was the nerd and then they transfer Fern into a hottie. Then I thought yeah Fern is her name. SHe may be nothing now but she will soon be beautiful. :love7:

Nahhhh....it's a Coat of Arms. And a Royal one too, look at the Crown atop it. No doubt in her deep past Fern has spent some time in England as the personal carriage of the her Royal Highness, Elizabeth, no less. Or mayhaps a stint in Canada during a Royal visit? (I would have used a rolling laughter emoticon here but I cant work out how to insert them)

The hush I heard was, now I think it was she had one time made an emergency delivery (whole trunk) of Tennent's Extra & Hard cyder to make snake bites to parlament for the "unwrapping" of Big Ben after rehab (scaffold & tarp removal). It was a gran time, but had to have the badge applied to be able to run 80mpg with no stops!!!!!
Do you happen to have a pic of a fresh one you could post so I could repaint it? Sorta like my mailbox!:-D

MB2.jpg

Update: Inst cluster out! They are still a pain. I usually remove these when we first get these cars. I like to take cluster apart, clean, new bulbs, etc...
Soon to follow, see pics!
More to come! Feel free to comment.
Yes to the jokes on the photos or no, quit it you dip stick and just post the pics. You let me know!!!8)

75-50.jpg

75-51.jpg

75-52.jpg

75-53.jpg

75-54.jpg

75-55.jpg

75-56.jpg

75-57.jpg

75-58.jpg

75-59.jpg

I vote to keep the pics and commentary. It's different, and I vote "change"...
ABB, glad you didn't name her Fern because of the color. When my daughter was about 10 we purchased a "new" minivan; a Plymouth with IIRC something like a "mist fern" or some such color. When Beth climbed in it the first time her reaction was "yuck, booger green"!
We still drove it about 6 or 7 years...
C

I vote to keep the pics and commentary. It's different, and I vote "change"...
ABB, glad you didn't name her Fern because of the color. When my daughter was about 10 we purchased a "new" minivan; a Plymouth with IIRC something like a "mist fern" or some such color. When Beth climbed in it the first time her reaction was "yuck, booger green"!
We still drove it about 6 or 7 years...
C

Hey clhyer!
Yeah, where do they get those color names! Ferns is "Frosty Green Iridesent",
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! LOL!!!
The only good thing is the iridesent shades alway "GLOW" at certain angles in the sun:love7:
Booger Green!8)

Any comments on the inst. cluster section so far?
Had a couple of things I was looking for insight on.......................

Be heading out to the garage this AM to take out glove box. (right now 28 degrees, good thing I got the propane filled & full tank of kero!!
Then we're going to try to change the wiper tranny. (plastic disk) Anyone have any tips on how to. Hope to not have to drop anymore of the AC.
I have real small wrists & hope to get it and dash pad off with just some contortions and a reach around!
That sounds more like a Friday night not a Sunday morning!! LOL!!!:toothy10:

Any comments on the inst. cluster section so far?
Had a couple of things I was looking for insight on.......................

Be heading out to the garage this AM to take out glove box. (right now 28 degrees, good thing I got the propane filled & full tank of kero!!
Then we're going to try to change the wiper tranny. (plastic disk) Anyone have any tips on how to. Hope to not have to drop anymore of the AC.
I have real small wrists & hope to get it and dash pad off with just some contortions and a reach around!
That sounds more like a Friday night not a Sunday morning!! LOL!!!:toothy10:

Any one out there? Know anything about wiper rod bushings? Can you replace in car or do we have to take pivots, rods and all out of car first?
Help? Please advise & Thank You!

Any one out there? Know anything about wiper rod bushings? Can you replace in car or do we have to take pivots, rods and all out of car first?
Help? Please advise & Thank You!

Crickets" " " " " " " "

Cricets" " " " " "

WHERE IS EVERYBODY??????

Arby's roast beef sale?

-
Back