About as bad a day as it can get.

-
I look at the episode as, ya had mechanical problems, but that mopar got you home!!! yea!

like said too, I like talking to the "little guy" at a car show, the guy that does his own work, loves his car, and proud of it, and not finished or nothin really rare and great. there are some cool people at those shows with super nice cars, some great people to visit with, some stuck up a**h***** just like anywhere! ha

I have never entered a car in a show, except the time the guy that ran it was asking for participants, so I donated the $25, unloaded a poor example from my stable, then proceeded to park with my swap parts. then he comes by and grips and wants me to move my trailer over because it sits 12 in in side their "boundary"! ha last $25 I ever "donated" to car showing.

those car show snobs in Fl there? I would never waste the gas to ever attend. I would have just left after politely telling them to " kiss my rebel ***"!!! ha

I can't believe you drove that car with a broken torsion bar.
With getting there and back to my parents house, about 100 miles. If I can't find another today, I'm going about another 130 miles on it. Not much of a choice, it has to be done, I have to get her back home.

Get a chunk of 2x4 between the lower control arm and frame section, and you'll be thevonly one who knows.
It will sit straight.

This is why I have grown to have disdain for car shows. It is also why I have become more open to other makes. I have seen too much Mopar hate locally. Everything around here is chevy, chevy, chevy. Even the Ford guys have a little bit of a rough time. I like them all if they are American and old. That's why I get bent out of shape around here when people start their Mopar chest thumping. You don't see much old American iron on the road anymore. We should be welcoming to other American iron brothers, instead of turning our noses up, like narrow minded a$$holes.

Sounds like you were the class act. You just did what they asked without causing a scene. We all know who the good guy is here. ;)

Can't get a torsion bar up in Ocala, but sourced one back home. Here's the temp fix to get the 130 miles home.

image.jpeg

I'd be happier seeing it sit on the flat side of the 2 x 4 that looks like it will want to flop over and drop down.
If that's the level you need, get a 4x4, or nail 2 2x4 srction sections together!
Please!

I would expect it to sit way high with that much spacing.
2 inches was always just perfect when I had to do this.

Yowzer! I've run into more than my share of *** hats at car shows before but haven't been asked to leave yet. I agree with all the guys that have said they've enjoyed talking to the owners of the cars that were built to be driven. Usually the snobs have the deepest pockets and do the least of their own work. There are exceptions though.

REAL car guys do as much as they can on their own. They have the battle scars and the best stories to go along with them. The amount of hard luck you experienced getting your car to the show would have been the best conversation topic there. Congrats on keeping your cool and staying a class act through it all.

If I were ever to want to see certain vehicles banned from car shows it would be the new ones that people buy and think they've got something special. - And if not banned, I don't think those cars deserve the same awards as the ones guys have poured their sweat into.

I'd be happier seeing it sit on the flat side of the 2 x 4 that looks like it will want to flop over and drop down.
If that's the level you need, get a 4x4, or nail 2 2x4 srction sections together!
Please!
It's jammed in there pretty good and the car is sitting level again. That's the only piece of scrap wood I could find that would work. A 4x4 or that laying on its side wouldn't clear the between the shock and frame. I am thinking about putting a ratchet strap around it now though.

Glad you made it home. Now I'm worried about the 65 Dart. I just noticed a passenger side "sag" in the front. The tires being equal height and inflation pressure, there's almost an 1 1/2" to 1 7/8" difference between right side and left side.

I watched some Youtubes of the Oldtown cruise, definitely the q-tipper crowd. Your car looks really nice and I would love to see it if we were closer, but in that crowd it might be a suit at a black tie party. Know the crowd-pick ur battles I suppose.

Avoid bumps, she's gonna ride hard on that side.
Best wishes.
I put a strap around it and it is solid. I'll do what I can, but it's 130 miles down I75 with two construction zones. Being she doesn't want to go much over 60 for some reason, I'll be in the slow lane the whole way. Planning on leaving tomorrow morning so I have most of the day to fix it right.

I knew there was a reason i never made the trip over there from Palm Harbor, friggen snobs [got enough here]. Hope your week goes better [all things considered].

I knew there was a reason i never made the trip over there from Palm Harbor, friggen snobs [got enough here]. Hope your week goes better [all things considered].
Well, hoping the chiropractor puts my back the way it should be, I'll be back to work Tuesday. I don't know if that'll be a good week or not, but I'll at least be walking straight.

Dude, there's no doubt you are the winner of the day getting out of there! Screw those snobs.

I can't stand people that think they are somehow better.

does there car cruise have a web page?
Yeah, it's OldTown car cruise in Kissimee. I sent an email to them because I don't know for sure if the people that put on the show feel that way, or if someone just complained to security that my car looked terrible. I mean, it always has a great turn out and a ton of cool old cars show up. But if the people that run the show feel that way, I'm not going back. Maybe I'll buy the 65 Corvair down the road from me that has no floor and take it to their show.

I put a strap around it and it is solid. I'll do what I can, but it's 130 miles down I75 with two construction zones. Being she doesn't want to go much over 60 for some reason, I'll be in the slow lane the whole way. Planning on leaving tomorrow morning so I have most of the day to fix it right.

Do not drive that far without torsion bar. The bar is not only act as spring but also act as a lock to keep Lower Control Arm in place. Without the bar, and driving that far, the strut might bent and Lower Control can came off, even the pivot nut is tight (only rubber bushing that hold the LCA to frame right now)

Do yourself a favor, get it tow or install new torsion bar before you drive that far.

Do not drive that far without torsion bar. The bar is not only act as spring but also act as a lock to keep Lower Control Arm in place. Without the bar, and driving that far, the strut might bent and Lower Control can came off, even the pivot nut is tight (only rubber bushing that hold the LCA to frame right now)

Do yourself a favor, get it tow or install new torsion bar before you drive that far.
I would tow it, but that's $400 I don't have. Nobody around here has one and I need to be back in town tomorrow. I was able to contact a friend of mine and he said it'll be fine and it won't damage anything. I trust him since he's been working on these cars since they were new. I've already run her over 100 miles getting to the show and back to Ocala. I'm not going to be going fast and I'll avoid all I can, she should make it home.

He's right!
It DOES stress the lower control arm bushing.
I would rather see you limp down two-laners than put it on an interstate, where even small bumps will become lots of liading on that bushing.

Well, the trip home totaled 137 miles. I never went over 60 and she made it home no problem. I've sourced a pair of torsion bars for $60 and I'll have them Saturday.

-
Back