Adam-12

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been watching Adam-12 lately, so many cool late 60s early 70s cars in the back ground.

It's like "where's waldo" but with cars.

Not to mention some street scenes that are familiar having grown up in the area.

I love watching it myself. It takes me back to the good ol days. The cars is mainly why I watch it too.

Former club member that passed away years ago car was in the Drag Racing Adam 12 Episode. Bought car new and had it until he passed.

I believe he was part of a club that cruised Van Nuys Blvd called the "Road Runners" or something back when they filmed this episode.

He restored it exactly the same with slots and lifted rear.

rrad12a1 (1).jpg

From a car club Poker Rallye cruise to Malibu

C9BFBA43-BC3E-4EE8-8E50-5D556F24504E (1).jpeg

Last edited:
Former club member that passed away year ago car was in the Drag Racing Adam 12 Episode

When he restored it it's looked exactly the same with slots and lifted rear.

View attachment 1715859936

View attachment 1715859937
I have seen this episode, I watch 1 hour daily for the last 5 years or so, love seeing these great old cars in the back ground and there drivers, American motors and 68 Satellite police cars.

Thank you for sharing

Former club member that passed away years ago car was in the Drag Racing Adam 12 Episode. Bought car new and had it until he passed.

I believe he was part of a club that cruised Van Nuys Blvd called the "Road Runners" or something back when they filmed this episode.

Back in the late 70s I was in a Mopar club called Southern California Mopars based out of Whittier. One weekend we met up with the Road Runners club and had a great time with those wild guys.

The other day, they drove around a corner. A B5 blue Super Bee with the Ramcharger hood and side scoops was sitting there-nice!

I wish METV would get the hint and do those shows in order. Dragnet, ADAM12, EMERGENCY! and finally CHiPs. They were all good shows filmed in about the same locale. ADAM12 and EMERGENCY! even did some crossover episodes. I'd watch dat chit all day. lol

So did Dragnet and Adam 12.

I saw a dragnet with both officers as their characters, and another with Kent McCord as a different officer. Too funny.
I do remember that!

Back in the late 70s I was in a Mopar club called Southern California Mopars based out of Whittier. One weekend we met up with the Road Runners club and had a great time with those wild guys.

Owners name was Mike Manhart. Big guy. About 6'4" or something. Worked for LA city as truck drive hauling dirt. He had to redrill the seat holes in his bench seat for him to fit in the car.

Do you remember "Cuda Al" with the Green AAR Cuda? He was in the Road Runners too I think?

Last edited:
Those were my favorite shows then and still are today I watch Adam-12 @ 430 pm here almost every day and on Cozi Tv I get emergency two hours of it Saturday afternoon 5 pm to 7pm ..

Chips is on Charge Tv daily , great jiggle TV too ..

Owners name was Mike Manhart. Big guy. About 6'4" or something. Worked for LA city as truck drive hauling dirt. He had to redrill the seat holes in his bench seat for him to fit in the car.

Do you remember "Cuda Al" with the Green AAR Cuda? He was in the Road Runners too I think?

Cuda Al a member of CPW?

It is fun. There is many old shows and movies where all I'm doing is looking in back ground.

Who owned the car?

Dragnet
Adam-12
Emergency

All produced by Jack Webb, and IIRC all had crossover episodes in the sequence of shows.

had crossover episodes in the sequence of shows
I recall seeing an episode where one of the actors from one of the other shows was playing a character like that played on their show but had a different name.

I think it was reed but on emergency and he was a cop but had a different name.

Intresting note

Friday and Molloy were only 30 badge numbers apart. Most likely when through the academy at the same time.

Friday
Screenshot_20231228-214301.png

Screenshot_20231228-214232~2.png

I loved all these old shows. Was young enough they were all reruns on TV land. Idk if that's even still a station. Thus began my desire to have one of these as a bracket car some day :)

1703832379664.png

I just started watching a bunch of these for the last week or 2 with my daughter. They are all on the Amazon Fire stick for free. I am about 1/2 way through season 2 now.

It is amazing to see so many nice MoPars when they were new - late models.

Currently the squad cars in the season 2 police coral lot are the '65 Savoy, '67 Belevedere, '68 Satellite, and the '69 Satellite.

I also love seeing when the call the mobile command in with the Satellite Wagon.

I saw S1 E3 the other day.

2 68's including theirs but a parking lot full of 67's in a couple scenes.

-
Back