Adams 71 Dart

-
UPDATE 1-19-08

Lost my camera so no new pictures/
I pulled the tranny out, the remainder of the interior and trim.

I also got brave and took off the Vinyl top. I just cant see doing all this work and not taking the top off to make sure theres no rot under it. Luckily there wasnt. I also wanted to remove the after market sun roof. Luckily it was put in correctly and all the bracing is still there.

I'll make a patch welded it up, rough the body work in and cover it with a new top.

The first round of blocking is finished and the car is pretty much ready for a second coat of Hi-Build Primer. After I do the roof of coarse.

I have also decided to build the car so its F.A.S.T. series legal which means it must "look" 100% stock down to the tires.

Gear it high and build a good motor.
Better mpg and will still get out smooth and have hoarse power!!

I will order the red lines tire's for it .:pirat:
Sounding good AdamR!!

Heres the latest picture. You can see the lovely sun roof thats going bye bye soon. I spent 2hrs scraping glue off the roof. Still have some to go.

IM000877.jpg

1/30/08

Tranny is done and detailed and the steering column is all most done. Still waiting on the upper bearing and steering coupler kit.

IM000922.JPG

IM000923.JPG

IM000921.JPG

IM000920.JPG

Its a mild 360 that Moper put together for the car.
its a 72 block, remanufactured by Mopar in 92
Its got 302 casting heads with 1.88, 1.60 valves. opened up to 340/360 port size
9.8:1 compression
Comp Cams XE268

Im planning on running stock 340 manifolds and a stock iron TQ intake., but I may just leave it alone for awhile and drive the thing.

Its going to be the original red but in base/clear real soon and its not costing me a dime. I'm swapping some work with a friend that owns a body shop. Should see color in a month or so I hope but If it takes longer I cant complain.

As for the motor, at some point I'll freshen it up, Run the stock intake/carb and exhaust with a custom ground solid roller and some ported EQ Magnum heads. I would to see some mid 12s looking and sounding 100% stock with 355 gears.

I just saw this thread. I didn't know you picked another ride so quickly Adam. Congrats. My vote is for the FE5 red too.

-
Back