Adams 71 Dart

-
I doubt seriously that would do any good since I'm not having the problem and my name isn't Adam.

If you was a bank I bet they would have you up and running. Keep riding thier butts! Tell them you have bills to pay that you usually pay online. Also tell them you maintain a forum and there is a lot of people that depend on you. Are you the only one that has no internet in your area?

I told them they can take aslong as they want to fix the problem because I'm switching my service includeding phone to someone else. They dont seem to care, Im just one customer.

I will post pictures tomarrow regardless, evem if it take me an hour to load them.

Adam, I worked for Verizon (NJ Bell,Bell Atlantic, Verizon) for 38 years and I know how the system works. You need to write a complaint to your Board of Public Utilities (whatever they call the regulating body in Conn.) and send a copy to the CEO of AT&T. They do respond to written complaints, phone conversations don't mean a thing to them. I wish I had a 10 spot for every presidential complaint I was sent on. If your getting your local service from them they should be under the BPU! By the way, I'm the guy that bought your sway bar and I love it!!!

I hope your car is coming along better than your internet progress. Have you put anything back together yet? I will come by and take pictures if you don't post soon.

Ok, heres some pictures !

dart001.jpg

dart002.jpg

dart004.jpg

It looks very orange in the photos but its more red in person. Its actually a 70s Mazda color called Sunrise red. Dont tell. Its more red them Hemi Orange but more orange then Rallye red. In fact when I mixed the paint I used a quart and a half of Blood Orange and came up 17 grams short so I had to mix each tint 17 grams short so if I ever have to repaint some thing I can match it.

I used 3 liters of paint, could have used another liter to cover the trunk and engine compartment better which only got 1 heavey coat. I fisrt painted the door frames black, taped them off then sprayed the entire car, jams, trunk, engine bay and all with base in one shot. This way theres no masking, no tape lines. After the base was sprayed I un masked the door frames and cleared the entire car the same way.

Im very happy with the color and the way the car came out other then the trunk being a little shy on color. The body isnt perfect but your eyes will hurt from looking at the color before you see anything I missed.

The car was at my shop for exactly 2 weeks for body work, paint and buffing. I figure I have about 110hrs in to the body and paint and buffing. I figure this would be a $6000-7000 paint job. No a perfect job but nice enough to win somw local shows.

Ok, heres some pictures !

dart001.jpg

dart002.jpg

dart004.jpg

It looks very orange in the photos but its more red in person. Its actually a 70s Mazda color called Sunrise red. Dont tell. Its more red them Hemi Orange but more orange then Rallye red. In fact when I mixed the paint I used a quart and a half of Blood Orange and came up 17 grams short so I had to mix each tint 17 grams short so if I ever have to repaint some thing I can match it.

I used 3 liters of paint, could have used another liter to cover the trunk and engine compartment better which only got 1 heavey coat. I fisrt painted the door frames black, taped them off then sprayed the entire car, jams, trunk, engine bay and all with base in one shot. This way theres no masking, no tape lines. After the base was sprayed I un masked the door frames and cleared the entire car the same way.

Im very happy with the color and the way the car came out other then the trunk being a little shy on color. The body isnt perfect but your eyes will hurt from looking at the color before you see anything I missed.

The car was at my shop for exactly 2 weeks for body work, paint and buffing. I figure I have about 110hrs in to the body and paint and buffing. I figure this would be a $6000-7000 paint job. No a perfect job but nice enough to win somw local shows.

Looks great Adam!!!!!! Finally!! You deserve to have a car again..... IIRC, it runs right? She sure looks pretty.

Just out of curiosity, why only 1 coat of color? I usually have 3 coats of base and clear each done. How about a shot of the engine bay/trunk too??:toothy7:

Steve, The car was completly stripped but I have a motor and tranny for it.

Its got 3 coats of color on the body but only 1 in the engine compartment and trunk.

Perfect color Adam :rock:, I had a 73 chally that looked the same way in a picture and I am tickled to finely get to see it, I sure do miss the smell of fresh paint.:toothy7:
Great Job, You sure can lay paint down Adam =D>

Great job!

Looks good!

I like that color better than the red red if you know what I mean. Red red is just old fart color and to common. lol

Thanks guys. I have more pics to post later. I started putting the door and quarter glass back in but I really need to get a copy of the service manual for it. I also did the rear stripe and put the back bumper on which doesnt look as good as the rest of the chrome.

I have most of the stuff to put it back together. A few big piece I need are a windshield, Front light and engine harnesses and I would like to swap the bumper for a 70 bumper seeing I painted the grill like a 70 grill and moved the emblems from the fenders to the quarters.

I also need to decide what Im going to do for exhaust. I think I really want to run some 70 hi-po 340 manifolds instead of headers on this one. I want to keep it simple and low maintnance, mostly stock for once. Im also going to hack the 2.25" pipe and 2" glass packs off of it if anyone in the area can use it they are welcome to it. I'll replace it with a Summit 2.5 kit and some flowmasters.

But the one thing thats driving me crazy right now is the missing from center caps !!!

ADAM! The car looks fantastic dude! I wanna see it. As someone else said, it looks straight as an arrow from here. Are you still going to use the vinyl top?
When is the headliner party??

Congrats on a first class job, man.

George

Came out nice. Are you going with a black or white Bumblebee stripe ?

Wow! That looks great. You already have more on your car than I do. How did you paint your grill mine needs paint and it looks like a ***** to tape. I got some good advise already but have not done it yet. Let me know if you need anything I will see if I have any doubles.

The Bee stripe is flat black. Its got a few bubbles Im hoping will work out with some sun if it will stop raining, otherwise I'll be redoing it.

I have the vinyl top and will keep it in case I decide I want to put it on but for now Im leaving it off and have welded the holes shut.

The grill was a pain in the ***. Lots of taping. I believe I did the silver first, then the black.

Brian, My vent window seals were much better then I thought, Just dirty. I do need the trim that sits on top of the quarters though. I have the door pice and the curved part for the end. Missing the flat piece for the quarter panel.

I also need the pins that hold the firewall insulation in if you have any extras.

It looks very good- the color reminds me of a Lancia Volumex I had a long time ago. It was Corsa Rose or Corse Rosa...it's been about 20 years, so I guess brain fade isn't too unheard of. Like your color, it looks great!

Great job!

Looks good!

I like that color better than the red red if you know what I mean. Red red is just old fart color and to common. lol

Yep great looker Adam, good job! I am a fan of that color, my 09 Challenger is Torred and looks orange red in the sun, shade, garage, and at night more cherry red.

Again, great looking ride congrats buddy! :)

Today Im going to pull the K frame out and start cleaning it all up. The suspension is pretty new I believe so hopefully it wont need anything other then strut rod bushings and brake lines. I have a few quarts of DP40 and DP 50 I think Im going to use to prime the parts.

A list of things I need to get and do.

rebuild and install door/quarter glass and tracks
replace windshield and windshield chrome
install rear window
replace studs on the hood scoops

replace brake lines
replace booster/master cyl.
rebuild rear brakes
replace rear shock
replace shackle bushings

rebuild carb
replace balancer (360)
plugs/wires/cap and rotor
hit lotto
Summit exhaust kit
thrush chambered mufflers (flowmaster copies for $30ea)
68-70 340 exhaust manifolds
Stock 340 Dart tips

Dash cap
headliner/insulation
fire wall insulation
package tray
seat covers
speedometer bezel
radio/heater bezal

2 LBP Rallye center caps

Thats what I need to get it on the road for the most part.

Today Im going to pull the K frame out and start cleaning it all up. The suspension is pretty new I believe so hopefully it wont need anything other then strut rod bushings and brake lines. I have a few quarts of DP40 and DP 50 I think Im going to use to prime the parts.

A list of things I need to get and do.

rebuild and install door/quarter glass and tracks
replace windshield and windshield chrome
install rear window
replace studs on the hood scoops

replace brake lines
replace booster/master cyl.
rebuild rear brakes
replace rear shock
replace shackle bushings

rebuild carb
replace balancer (360)
plugs/wires/cap and rotor
hit lotto
Summit exhaust kit
thrush chambered mufflers (flowmaster copies for $30ea)
68-70 340 exhaust manifolds
Stock 340 Dart tips

Dash cap
headliner/insulation
fire wall insulation
package tray
seat covers
speedometer bezel
radio/heater bezal

2 LBP Rallye center caps

Thats what I need to get it on the road for the most part.

Hit Lotto. Lol! :toothy8: Still a lot to do but the worst is over. By the looks of things this car will be the finest restoration you`ve ever done. Nice work!

Adam man the paint looks KILLER! I am definatly not a red car guy, but damn you really nailed it, especially with those rallies on her too man...Please keep us posted on your progress man, i cant wait to see it when its all buttoned up! real nice work man and congrats!

-
Back