Address in the states..

-

grassy

Reaction score
I am sure we have talked about this but I need an address, close to the border,..maybe in Maine, that I can use to drop ship to..and then have them ship to me. My mind is Swiss cheese.

Is this worth it anymore ? I just hate dealing with USP..and non of the parts I want are available in Canada..

WE are going to New Hampshire in August but I don't want to wait that long..

Sigh..

Ian.

Hi Ian. I've had stuff sent to Calais and picked it up there myself. The place is called C & E Feed I don't have the address but could get it for you or you can google it. Talk later Bobby

I am sure we have talked about this but I need an address, close to the border,..maybe in Maine, that I can use to drop ship to..and then have them ship to me. My mind is Swiss cheese.

Is this worth it anymore ? I just hate dealing with USP..and non of the parts I want are available in Canada..

WE are going to New Hampshire in August but I don't want to wait that long..

Sigh..

Ian.
I don't think you have a close border near you in the Valley. I live in Fredericton and have my stuff shipped to the Fed Ex outlet in Houlton ME which is only an hour or so away from here and works quite well. Just make sure your shipper writes on it "hold for pick up" and there is no extra charge. They even call on their dime to let me know its in.

Looks like Fed Ex outlet or UPS store (google shows a sea of UPS stores, must have a one in every little town there seems they've got the market covered)

Hi Ian. I've had stuff sent to Calais and picked it up there myself. The place is called C & E Feed I don't have the address but could get it for you or you can google it. Talk later Bobby

Hey Bobby...how is you most excellent car ?

I can get the addy from google.

They don't mind doing this ? And what is their fee ?
Thanks
ian.

thanks for the heads up...you are right..non close but has to be less expensive than some of the shipping quotes I have been rec'ing.

It is odd that the company will ship for free to the tip of Maine but charges me from where the company is..not from the tip of Maine.

I am checking out another company in Ontario..no responses yest from my e-mail.

Thanks all,
ian.

Hi All
I live in Peterborough (near Toronto) and I would like to have an address in Niagara Falls NY or better yet in Watertown NY. Anyone know of a company who can supply a P.o. box, shipping address and will hold items for pickup?

pete

Hi All
I live in Peterborough (near Toronto) and I would like to have an address in Niagara Falls NY or better yet in Watertown NY. Anyone know of a company who can supply a P.o. box, shipping address and will hold items for pickup?

pete

It's just as close as the nearest US Post office to you. Rent a small box; it'll give you a shipping address with a US Zip and the PO will hold it for you

When I tried that most if not all businesses and people would not ship to a Post Box number:dontknow:

Here's one for you Ian.

Your Name here
c/o Johnson's True Value
188 North St.
Calais, Me.
phone - 207-454-2551

They charge by the weight of the parcel. $3 is the minimum and $50 is the maximum. I had a tranny shipped there this spring and it was $50. I also just picked up a truck for my brother there this past Thursday.
You have to pick the parcels up, or have somebody pick them up for you and bring them across the border. If you can get the parcel shipped there by July 3rd, I can pick it up for you and bring it to Moncton for the Nationals. Don't delay though, that will be the last time I'm down to Calais before the Nat's.

Jack

When I tried that most if not all businesses and people would not ship to a Post Box number:dontknow:

You can get around this problem by using the P.O. Box's physical address.
Change "P.O. Box #" to Unit # & then add the building's address.

This works! I've been doing this for years. Even UPS will deliver there.:cheers:

Jack,

Thank-you for the offer but we have been forced to cancel our trip up, perhaps next year. Sigh,

However, we should have both cars in Hantsport on July 1st.
Ian.

-
Back