Adjustable pinion snubber, are some better then others??

-

74scamp360

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals i'm in the prcess of converting my 74 scamp from a /6 to V8 and with that an 8 3/4 rear end. In an attempt to help it hook up a bit better i plan on buying a snubber. My question to you guys is are there some better then others?? Who has good deals on them?? and anything else you can tell me about them. Thanks!!!!

i have the pin type wish i would have bought the screw type

I believe I have an extra new one for sale. I can double check after work.
$60.00 shipped within the U.S.
They are rater tall, but I usually cut down the square prt until it does clear but still retains the pin to hold it together.

74scamp360 -
Make sure to reinforce your floorpan where the snubber will come in contact. Otherwise you will dent the floorpan from repeated snubber contact during launch.
Voice of experience talking.

godfatherofchry, thanks for the tip, i appretiate it, my problem though is i'm on a very tight budget and the snubber is a good cheap way to get some traction till maybe i can afford something decent.

ocdart, thank you very much for the tip, that's something that i wouldn't have thought of but completly makes sense!!

Locomotion, i'm in Canada so shipping might be a bugger. I'm not quite ready to purchase one yet, just trying to get my reaserch done. thanks though for the offer

whats a snubbeR?

Bolts to the top of the 'Pig' on a 8-3/4 or Dana rear axle housing. The adjustable post contacts the floorpan and limits the amount of upward movement/spring wrapup during launch when racing.

23502Pinionsnubber (Small).jpg

I had the american muscle one, was way to tall for my duster, screwed all the way down I had an inch or so of clearance and would hit the floor over bumps.

It eventully tore the rubber off the end ended up jsut useing the factory one.

i bought the pin adjustable one.
You probly need to cut it down 1 hole like mentioned...
mine did for my 69 dart. they come a little tall.
Unfortunatly they made them stupid by making the holes the same height on all 4 sides instead of missalighning them giving 3 more adjustments but if you cut it down you will still have 2 heights. screw style looks nicer with much more adjustmnent but probly more expensive and i could see the vibrations throwing adjustment out of wack, my pin style i think cost 70 or so...

godfatherofchry, thanks for the tip, i appretiate it, my problem though is i'm on a very tight budget and the snubber is a good cheap way to get some traction till maybe i can afford something decent.

if you have front end shop in your area that lines up big trucks thay will have the weages should be around 10to12 bucks get the 4degre ones shoud be good. vary easy to put in.

-
Back