Advice needed on manifold repair

-
LOL......I'm guessing that he's just having fun trolling.

1710161768358.jpeg

Rhino line both sides 1/8 thick and install. Sorry, that one is good for learning on, but run it? No.

There's no distortion on the intake port crack, or other shift that would require machining. I'm thinking about about what CH 1 II said about brazing it. I had good luck with that before. I have practically nothing in it.
I was thinking the same brass brazing rod low heat then file and shape etc. But is it worth it? Depends on how rare I suppose and orange paint would cover the repair. Ih ave an old square bore intake I have to check out with similar issues not cracks but bolt hole issues.

As someone who has cut apart factory cast iron intake manifolds and exhaust manifolds and re welded them, I would not attempt fixing it. You will chase those cracks into areas you won't have access too.

Flex seal.....just saying. Made a boat out of a screen door, it should fix that.

Send it to me. For $600.00 I will stress relieve the cracks
And Nickle weld it up.
No Guarantee. Or like others suggest buy another one

i have a 76 318 2bbl motor, can i bolt this on with a 750dp and make 400hp?

i have headers and DUI distributor, if that helps.

i have a 76 318 2bbl motor, can i bolt this on with a 750dp and make 400hp?

i have headers and DUI distributor, if that helps.
Yes, but only if You leave a pile of metal & abrasive wheel powder big enough to trip & fall flat on Your face over, not that there's anything wrong with that......

Yes, but only if You leave a pile of metal & abrasive wheel powder big enough to trip & fall flat on Your face over, not that there's anything wrong with that......
ah, so you've seen my youtube channel. excellent.

I have been welding for years.
If you brought this to me I would highly recommend that you not have it done.
First off in order to weld this correctly I need to heat it first, then weld it and then you need to have it machined due to weld warpage.
Here is the real kicker. Let’s say it still leaks or cracks again. Money wasted.
Let’s say a little chunk separates and goes into your engine! Then your really screwed.
THROW IT AWAY!

Got this in a swap

lots of cracks

Wasn't too interested till I found out it's 68-70

Isn't this the best 340 manifold or was the 71 better

Looks like someone attempted a jb weld patch on the back of the manifold

I have never seen a manifold crack this extensively

Not concerned that it will appear patched

Was this one of the manifolds Mopar copied or vice versa

View attachment 1716219441

View attachment 1716219442

View attachment 1716219443

View attachment 1716219444

View attachment 1716219445

View attachment 1716219446
They don't cost much, I would buy another one. I have seen these for $100.00 or so. Sometime less.
Got this in a swap

lots of cracks

Wasn't too interested till I found out it's 68-70

Isn't this the best 340 manifold or was the 71 better

Looks like someone attempted a jb weld patch on the back of the manifold

I have never seen a manifold crack this extensively

Not concerned that it will appear patched

Was this one of the manifolds Mopar copied or vice versa

View attachment 1716219441

View attachment 1716219442

View attachment 1716219443

View attachment 1716219444

View attachment 1716219445

View attachment 1716219446
It looks like a 70' intake. Any 340 intake will do but this one, I would toss. They are not that difficult to come by, for around $100.00, more or less.

You've been here long enough, and have posted enough non-troll stuff, that there is not much chance anyone is gonna consider you a troll.
As to your intake, I have never seen one damaged like that, so I would be asking questions too. I have seen the power of freezing water do other damage, but never like that. No matter, since I have a few of those, for me it is too bulky to even keep around for my small shop.
And besides, my door faces East for a reason, namely; the wind almost never blows from the East so, I don't need a doorstop lol. and if did blow from the East, it would only blow the door shut, which is a good thing cuz when the wind comes from the East, it almost always signals moisture is on the way, and is accompanied by aggressive lightnings.

This forum is funny to read sometimes.
That manifold is indeed scrap, but it can be used to help with practicing welding or porting skills maybe.

This forum is funny to read sometimes.
That manifold is indeed scrap, but it can be used to help with practicing welding or porting skills maybe.

Or a nice boat anchor for your fishing boat. If it gets wrapped up in something cut the rope and move on.

Best boat anchor in all of Florida!!
Why are all of you making fun of a boat anchor? They have a useful place. I call the manifold a "conversational piece". I have a connecting rod for one, that looks like a pretzel, out of a 340 I blew up. The cylinder looks like a corning ware dish that was dropped on a tile floor.

Last edited:
-
Back